Contactually Reviews | Glassdoor

Zvi Band

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Contactually full-time

Pros

Challenging, fun environment with smart people

Cons

Hours can be long, but it’s worth it

"Great Place and Getting Better"

I worked at Contactually full-time

Pros

Contactually cares deeply for its employees and the future of the company. While some companies seem to drop the ball when times get tough- Contactually admits when there is a problem and actively seeks to fix it.

The culture at the company is also great. It prioritizes a focus on interpersonal relationships and seeks to engrain its values into its employees. People are truly friends here and many hang out after work and on the weekends, because they genuinely enjoy each other-- there is never a feeling of "forced fun."

Cons

It's a tough and crowded industry. The product is great and provides a lot of value to users, but it's solving a problem that many are unaware that they have, which makes product/market fit tough. As such, there has been some setbacks on the opportunity side of things and turnover that has come with it, but it seems far more focused on specific verticals now and will likely turn this around.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Keep prioritizing people and allow for a collective steering of the ship and you'll find the right course.

"Excellent human beings"

Former Employee - SMB Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - SMB Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Contactually full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-legitimately excellent human beings from the top down. the extent to which the CEO cares about the people he works with is nothing short of inspiring to be around.

-people throw the word "culture" around a little too loosely... but Contactually gets it right. it's not about the snacks, dogs, happy hours, founders day, etc (although all of these things are wonderful), it's about the way people treat one another. it's a genuine team effort to "be excellent to one another."

-leadership views you as an investment they're excited to help grow rather than a disposable drone. they make sure you have the best technology available to you, tirelessly train you, and most impressively genuinely listen to you.

Cons

-promotion paths are clearly laid out, but amended often... can leave you feeling like your target is moving.

-goals/quotas changed drastically month to month, were at times entirely too easy to hit and at times nearly impossible

Advice to Management

people really care about each other here. that culture is so vital to what makes working here fulfilling. keep hiring intelligent people, listening to them, and being excellent to one another. Contactually is a wonderful company.

Jun 22, 2018 – CEO

Hi there! Incredibly thankful that you've taken the time to craft such a thoughtful response. We have invested a lot into making sure our best asset - our team - is as strong as possible. We'll never... More

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Contactually full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Contactually offers that fantastic, hard-to-find combination of an established company with a start-up feel, great location and office space, tons of perks, fun people, and a product that its customers love to use. The team is energetic, motivated, and cares a lot about company culture. Amazing roof deck, parking in the garage below, cold brew on tap, office space right in the heart of Dupont Circle. Great place to work.

Cons

As a mid-size company transitioning from a start-up to a scalable platform, Contactually will have its share of growing pains. But, there is a tremendous amount of great work to do, and a highly motivated management team to guide it through that process.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on growth and culture!

Jul 31, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the kind words and transparency in your post. You pointed out some of the positives for sure. And the con you threw out - definitely. One of the constants that we coach everyone to expect... More

5. "AMAZING culture, executive team, talent, and company"

I have been working at Contactually full-time

Pros

Wow - I can't say enough great things about Contactually. The company is incredibly transparent. They explain the rationale behind every decision, share week-by-week metrics company wide, and are entirely an open book with answering any questions from employees.

Contactually runs phenomenally operationally. The executive team provides company wide updates every Monday, outlining the goals for the week, and then reconvenes on Friday to provide a status update on said goals. All the decks on quarterly goals and metrics are shared company wide.

They generously provide breakfast most Friday's and lunch every Monday.

The team they hired is all top talent in DC. Everyone is gregarious, intelligent, motivated, and are team players through and through. The staff are all really friendly and play kickball together, book club, happy hour regularly It's a very close knit group.

Cons

It's hard to leave before 6:00 pm on most days. You can work from home on occasion though!

Jul 31, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your review - that means a ton to us. You highlighted a lot of the things we care about in our values - Transparency, Be Excellent with Each Other, and Always Be Learning.

Re: leaving... More

6. "Strong, positive outlook"

I have been working at Contactually full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff display a level of respect that I find refreshing - people have predefined roles, but discussion is encouraged in order to make improvements to the product and customer experience. Like other "startups," there is a casual environment - which yes, means casual attire is allowed, but it also means people are given space and time to do what they think works best and there is a great work/life balance.

Cons

The product is not as intuitive as we'd all like to think - but there is energy behind making it better and simpler. I'm optimistic about seeing improvements in the coming months.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting the core product right (relevant and differentiated from the competitive set) and focus on the few metrics that matter most.

Jul 31, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your review, especially your transparency re: the product. You're completely right that one of our largest "growing pains" has been maintaining a quality product. Six years ago it was just... More

7. "Awesome Interview, Onboarding and Place to Work!"

I have been working at Contactually full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great people who have amazing energy
    2. Fantastic office space that is collaborative and makes you excited to come to work every day.
    3. Company has a strong set of values, most important is transparency. It is easy to track how the company is performing and how your work impacts the bottom line.
    4. Great tools. I've worked at big companies that use Outlook, Office and other tools that kill productivity and collaboration, not at Contactually.
    5. Interviewing at the company is great. Very organized and they communicate with you throughout.
    6. Onboarding is really good given the size of the company and how much they are doing.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives at this point.

May 30, 2017 – CEO

Really appreciate all the kind words. You can tell that we have put a lot of emphasis into building a welcoming and supportive culture so you can focus on achieving our mission.

I don't believe... More

8. "Great culture, even better people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Contactually full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Contactually is the best place I've ever worked. I'm surrounded by intelligent people. I'm empowered and trusted to make decisions that influence the company. My work is appreciated by my peers and management. Our office is beautiful with plenty of perks like food and swag.

Cons

The workload is a little bit more than a 9-5, but it's completely reasonable and manageable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

May 30, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review - you've hit on a lot of the key points that we strive to achieve - trust, appreciation, people.
    Re: your con - totally appreciated. Being a growing company with big... More

9. "Some of the smartest people I've ever worked with"

I have been working at Contactually full-time

Pros

By far the smartest team I've worked with. The work environment is fast-paced and fun. Definitely a work-hard, play-hard place.

Cons

If you're not someone who's willing to learn new things and wants to do the same thing each day, this is not the place.

10. "Learn, Have An Impact, AND Change The World? Yep!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Washington, DC

I have been working at Contactually full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great open culture where ideas and contributions are key, not title or function
    great people, great cause, GREAT opportunity
    high energy people who want to work hard!

Cons

not enough time in the day to get all the exciting things done!

May 30, 2017 – CEO

That means a lot, thank you!

And we're talking to some scientists at NASA about adding more time in the day. TBD.