Cybera Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Cliff Duffey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Long time employee"

I have been working at Cybera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great managers, great environment. We are encouraged to learn and grow in our roles. We are growing and opportunities to advance is great. Pay is ok but the environment is what makes it worth staying.

Cons

New senior management structure has made it difficult to get movement on issues. Senior management fails to communicate with the rank and file so we have little idea of our direction. I feel for my manager as he struggles to get support and resources from the business.

Advice to Management

Management is great up to the director level then it fails to engage us. In two years I have seen the CEO at two meetings of the entire company. I would know him if we bumped into each other at a store. I guess people at that level are just too busy to drop by the underling departments.

2. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cybera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its potential to grow petro retail and go beyond petro retail to restaurants, other retail and even Financial Services.

Cons

There is no vision. Founder controls everything, and that means everything. He rarely keeps to a commitment or path. This stalls any decision. There is fear in the company to take action because decisions will almost always be reversed; surprising peers, departments, partners and customers.

Advice to Management

Remove or disassociate the founder and empower the organization.
    Invest in and improve marketing, conveying what we really do.
    Deliver new product and a roadmap.
    Have meaningful meetings where people are accountable and show speed.
    Creat an industry and product vision that is relevant, where all employees sign up for and are accountable to achieving. Not just some marketing number.

3. "Great potential soiled by questionable leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Cybera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is great opportunities to learn new skills. The work environment is rather laid back and there is generally good camaraderie amongst fellow colleagues. If you are willing to turn a blind eye to shady decisions then you can be well rewarded. Occasionally you can get free catered lunches though those are far and few in between from when I started. Product they offer (SD-WAN solution is truly innovative and had massive potential to grow even further.

Cons

Questionable leadership, and the driving force behind the decisions they make. Some employees (and management/leadership) have been working together for many years which allows for unfair opportunities in some situations. There is a large pay discrepancy between employees that are newer and tenured ones. This is mainly due to new changes in management and investors in which previously they handed out raises like candy. You have to be willing to play ball in order have good opportunities thrown your way. Promotions and opportunities are handed out to unqualified or individuals that truly don't possess the skills necessary to do the job correctly. There is a clear lack of organization, communication, and efficiency that is exhibited from management. Company is not competitive enough to keep talent on board due to lack of competitive wages and benefits. Some of Cybera's best talent has left due to lack of proper compensation. Company admits to being mostly a stepping stone in a employees career which shows that they are aware they are not competitive and don't plan to change that anytime soon. Training program is almost none existent but is currently in the midst of being "revamped". Executive leadership is finicky and indecisive.

Advice to Management

Advice to management, promote from within based on true capabilities and not with favoritism. Put a focus on keeping employees that really believe in the product that you offer and truly show real initiative. Work on being more competitive with compensation and benefits. This company has great potential to be something really big very quickly if handled correctly.

"Recent changes in company causing a lot of talent to look elsewhere."

Former Employee - Engineering in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Engineering in Franklin, TN

I worked at Cybera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With first hired teams collaborated and people were very friendly toward one another.

Cons

After board changes many executives were let go and new ones where hired along with their friends. Changes caused a lot of departments to loose cohesion and many talented individuals left.

5. "Great vision, but lots of work and sacrafices is needed to achieve it."

Former Employee - Customer Network Engineer in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Network Engineer in Franklin, TN

I worked at Cybera (Less than a year)

Pros

Never a dull moment with plenty of work to do

Cons

No balance between work and life

6. "Great People, Great Products, High Growth!"

I have been working at Cybera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cybera has been a wonderful place to work. Nestled into one of the best places to live (Franklin, TN), the people and atmosphere are great. The folks here are easy to get along with and hard working. If there are every any issues you can count on your co-workers to come together as a team, solve the problem, and learn from it. I see constant improvements being made here as everyone sees the value in what we do as a company and works to make it a reality. With this new funding that we just received I’m really excited about our potential as a company and I’m eagerly looking forward to the days, months, and even years ahead. We’re really going to be able to focus on expanding our markets like never before. If you want to join a fast-paced, growth-oriented, cutting-edge tech company with good people and good benefits to boot, Cybera is where it’s at!

Cons

Some aspects of the office could use some renovating, mainly furniture, but otherwise no complaints.

Advice to Management

We are poised for great success, keep up the good work, focus on improving our systems and products and we will even exceed our already high expectations! Also we have some great talent in house, continue to nurture them as you have, and bring in more so we can run full throttle.

7. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Cybera (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment, good pay and benefits, liberal time off policies

Cons

Inter-departmental communication, lack of transparency from management, unclear goals and expectations.

"Great Place, Fun Work"

Current Employee - Director in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Cybera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family Atmosphere
    Always learning
    Challenged by projects
    Leading edge of technology

Cybera is a place that you enjoy going to each day. I've been employed here for over seven years and have enjoyed each day. The people are great and genuinely want to help with projects. Management supports their people, everyone knows each other by first name.

Cons

I don't have a Con to describe - I enjoy what I do and those that I work with each day!

Advice to Management

Great Job!!

9. "Lack of direction"

I have been working at Cybera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fine company to work at because most of the people are good, the employees work hard. The salary is OK and there is room to move up if you are seen favorably by your manager.

Cons

There is no direction at this company. It seems completely short term and sales driven with no vision, clear direction, or strategy. There is very little communication from president and CEO. CEO leaves early every day and really is not involved. President is locked away in his office and not involved but occasionally comes out and undoes everything with out resolving the issues. We win a big deal here and there but they are all very different and there is little in between. Each new deal requires a whole new effort by the entire company versus leveraging what we have already done.

Advice to Management

Articulate an strategy, a vision or a direction. Communicate. Empower your people and do not pull the rug out from under them. This company could do so much more if it was not run like a proprietorship.

10. "The best small company that is fast growing with wonderful employees!"

Former Employee - Director in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Director in Franklin, TN

I worked at Cybera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, great employees, great managers, good health benefits, flexible, care about their employees.

Cons

Leave time was a bit low compared to other companies.