DH Pace Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rex Newcomer

1. "Great Company to work for"

I have been working at DH Pace full-time

Pros

Managers build trust in you and compared to other similar jobs I've had in the past, I feel that they do a good job not micro-managing you. The job is not stressful, and there are a lot of really good hard-working people here. Several people have been with the company for decades which shows a low-turn over and an overall good place to work!

Cons

Vacation time could be more competitive with other companies

Advice to Management

Focus on promotional opportunities for employees instead of hiring outside of the company for Project Managers

2. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Olathe, KS

I worked at DH Pace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, nice surroundings

Cons

Some of the people that work there are corrupt. Be careful who you trust.

Advice to Management

Give more training, listen to employees better, stop promoting lazy people that lie.

May 8, 2017 – DH Pace

Thank you for your feedback. Employees have many resources available to them to report any concerns regarding inappropriate behavior. Please seek out your manager, any other member of Management ... More

3. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I have been working at DH Pace (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, wide range of positions and job duties.

Cons

Discrimination and favoritism in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention and intervene

May 2, 2017 – DH Pace

Thank you for your feedback. Employees have may resources available to them to report any concerns regarding inappropriate behavior, such as their manager, any other member of Management, the ... More

5. "Good for a professional resume boost, not a good place to stay for long"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Olathe, KS

I worked at DH Pace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to leave work at work at the end of the day, decent PTO plan, good pay. Volunteering and local charity fundraising opportunities. Was a good job to learn the basics of project management.

Cons

Very poor management. Unorganized at best; short-sighted, fragmented, contradictory, and chaotic at worst (and three prominent bullies as well). You hear mostly lip service to very real issues. The place seemed like a dream come true when I started - great camaraderie, very supportive, many training opportunities, realistic level of responsibility/expectations. Turns out that was just my first manager. After she made a gracious exit due to strain from above, I noticed that *all* the people with talent and integrity leave, taking all of their experience and knowledge of product types, subcontractors, and customers with them. The company therefore has to unnecessarily learn from the same mistakes and how to overcome the same pitfalls over and over again.

The company keeps growing, which should be a great thing, but management has no idea how to cultivate their teams with the changes. There is a bizarre dynamic of being completely ignored and unsupported by management, while somehow being micromanaged and under the gun at all times. As one other review stated, there is an unnecessary sense that every issue is a complete fire (but very rarely is to anyone who knows what they're doing). Neither Management nor Human Resources knew what the job responsibilities were supposed to be, and it causes a lot of animosity between the project coordinators and management.

Email and internal instant messages are actively monitored which creates morale issues and paranoia. Workplace policies are enforced irregularly - one person will get written up for an issue while the person in the next cubicle is never reprimanded for violating the same issue. Men clearly are treated better than women. The people who last more than a couple years are the ones that throw others under the bus and play the politics, rather than those that are good at their jobs. Qualified candidates are frequently passed up for promotion while unqualified people are promoted as long as they're in the 'boys club'.

Other Cons: terrible insurance and 401K plans. The company also automatically 'gifts' a subscription to The Guide Post, sent to your home, which seems very presumptuous and slightly inappropriate. Made me uncomfortable, and The Guide Post sold my information, I now feel I am on every national christian charity's mailing list.

Advice to Management

This company has so much potential to be an incredible place to work. Learning how to communicate better to ensure you are retaining and cultivating the very best teams with appropriate hierarchy and sense of appropriate purpose is your biggest hurdle. Focusing solely on the customer and not on your employees is short-sighted and will be a hindrance to growth.

Mar 23, 2017 – DH Pace

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create a positive work environment and career growth opportunities for all of our employees. We will take your comments under advisement and take action as ... More

6. "Department Manager - Commercial"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DH Pace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to learn about doors, than this is a pro. Only negative is that you can't use this knowledge anywhere else.

Cons

Long hours, poor work environment and facilities, no employee development, no resources. Very cheap company that doesn't want to invest in up to date facilities or software. Company uses an old DOS based aircraft part manufacturing software as its platform and ERP. You are stuffed in a 300 square foot fish bowl built inside of a warehouse with about 12 others and their desks in the same room. Expect no breaks and to be on call 24 hours a day. No room for advancement. List goes on...

7. "Miserable"

I worked at DH Pace full-time

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Micro managed, poor pay, zero incentive from management.

Advice to Management

Communicate, improve culture and pay a living wage

8. "Good comes with bad."

I have been working at DH Pace full-time

Pros

Good people to work for, hard working people to work with. All around decent place to work for.

Cons

Politics reign supreme in a lot of cases when it comes to personel. Leaving some untouchable.

Advice to Management

Everyone is subject to policy, no matter your time with the company. And to tell people that you appreciate their hard work, then at review time make it sound like it's own reward? Not good.

9. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I have been working at DH Pace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and for.

Cons

Commute distance since moving the company to Olathe. The trade off is a better facility.

10. "DH Pace"

I worked at DH Pace full-time

Pros

Coworkers are very hard workers, great team to work with. There is opportunity for growth if you are willing to work extra hours

Cons

Not the most ethical company, their work life balance is poor, upper management has a very old school mentality so they are not very progressive

Advice to Management

Don't just say employees are important - you need to treat them like they are important

11. "Fairly nice place to work."

Current Employee - Door Tech Trainee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Door Tech Trainee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DH Pace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay for no experience is very competitive. They do offer company phones and vehicles eventually.

Cons

Work sometimes slow, questionable plan for expanding in this market.

Advice to Management

None.