DLC Management Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Adam W. Ifshin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I love it here!"

I have been working at DLC Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and culture- smart, inclusive, collaborative, entrepreneurial- the list goes on. The executive team is approachable and wants to hear from and engage with ALL employees. There is great opportunity for growth- there are many DLC success stories of people who started in entry level positions and are now senior members of departments.

Cons

Location- the HQ office is in Westchester so the commute isn't ideal if you're not local. That said, we recently moved to a new office that's awesome (wellness room, wine bar, cafe and a gym in the building) so that does make the commute worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about employees the way you do.

"Fair"

I worked at DLC Management full-time

Pros

Good fit for people who only want to work 9-5

Cons

Upper management only focus a lot of assets towards leasing agents

"Worst Company To Work For"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at DLC Management as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Not worth the effort of trying....

Cons

Liars! They are very sneaky...do not trust them!

Advice to Management

Give people a chance, for Christ's sake....no one is perfect unless your daddy owns the company.....

"If you must work at DLC, make it short term. My long term outlook for this company is negative"

Former Employee - Former Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Former Employee in New York, NY

I worked at DLC Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At DLC you will learn a lot about the RE business quickly. They tend to hire a lot of young employees who are hungry and motivated. I met a few coworkers that I am still in contact till this day and we are friends.

If you need experience in the real estate world consider DLC as a short term foothold but don't try to climb to the top. Nepotism along with a caustic culture will ultimately prove to be the unbreakable glass ceiling.

Cons

Upper management creates an atmosphere of fear and retaliation that leads to a culture of employees throwing each other under the bus. Management can be seen fighting outwardly with each other and will not hesitate to dress down employees at meetings. Everyone is always looking over their shoulder at this place and afraid to question process no matter how flawed.

You will be underpaid working at DLC. They will give you a decent bonus the first year with the promise of more to come but more will never come. You will never be paid the industry rate. Upper Management, however, compensates itself very well, at the expense of its employees, and the difference is appallingly apparent at DLC's headquarters parking lot.

My final recommendation, if you're looking to get a foot in the real estate industry and cannot find anywhere else to work then work at DLC. But, do not stay long term, it can hurt you chances of finding another job. DLC'ers are known in the industry for having "sharp elbows" and not playing nicely in the proverbial sandbox. The longer you stay can hurt your chances of getting employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Actually learn to care about the mental and financial well being of your employees. Promote based on merit not who's in your club. Provide clear attainable career paths and goals. This, however, can only be done by having an actual independent human resources department. Having the legal dept be your HR - which clearly represents your interests - is not the proper reporting relationship that makes employees feel safe and trusting.

Hire top managers that can actually mentor and help grow young talent.

"Sr . mgmt is very hard to work for. There is a culture of DLC before everything anytime including family & vacation"

I worked at DLC Management full-time

Pros

pay, expenses, benefits and name recognition

Cons

travel, culture, no sense of family, regional management