DaDa Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 492 reviews

3.2
Hui Zhi
Pros
Cons
  • "penalties and fines are substantial(in 68 reviews)

• "Some of the courseware can be confusing and needs tweaking(in 53 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Online English Teacher"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at DaDa part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job is very rewarding Excellent source of supplemental income and very fun!

Cons

It is hard to say goodbye to your regular students when they choose another teacher and it breaks my heart when I can't see them anymore.

DaDa2019-02-28

"Great job"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at DaDa part-time

Pros

Fun, easy, students are sweet, great pay

Cons

Hours but once your used to it no big deal

DaDa2019-05-15
    • "Good gig"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at DaDa part-time for less than a year

Pros

Can control schedule somewhat Good compensation Most kids are pretty awesome Paid 1/2 for empty time slots

Cons

Can't do full time/hours are now more restricted Restrictions on time off Paid in RMB, not USD

DaDa2019-06-25

"A Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - English Teacher in Timbuctoo, NJ

I have been working at DaDa part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Decent pay compared to competitors. - (Normally) reliable platform and payment. - Reasonably flexible working hours, depending on where you live. - When you have a good student and the courseware material is appropriate, the job can be a real joy.

Cons

- Terrible communication. - Some of the courseware material is absolutely terrible. - Arbitrary fines can be expensive and unfair. - The whole 'class report' thing is a waste of time as students and parents are never prompted to read it.

Advice to Management

- Produce or use better courseware. Some of the Wonders and the in-house material is absolutely terrible and useless for teaching. If you spent a fraction of the time and money on the material that you did on marketing and tech, you'd keep a lot more students and teachers satisfied and not risk losing them. - Properly communicate and don't patronise employees with bogus points systems and transparent attempts at gaining...

DaDa2019-06-09

"Overall I’ve had a positive experience"

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DaDa part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have had a good experience with bookings. It started out slow for the first few weeks but I have been fully booked since. The company has made a lot of changes but it seems to be improving with better courseware and more lenient leave policies. There is a lot of freedom to expand on the courseware as you like and bring in your own materials to the classes as long as the parents like it. The students work...

Cons

Understandably, the parents wants are most important. Sometimes the students are placed with courseware that is above their level. There is not much that can be done if this is the courseware that the parents chose. You need to be creative and adapt the lessons as best as you can. The hours are very anti-social if you live in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing with all the new courseware. I think the company is making good changes.

DaDa2019-04-22

"You do not make as much as they advertise."

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at DaDa full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Chinese students are fun to teach! And they're the reasons I am even giving one star.

Cons

My contract was for a certain amount, hourly, but every. single. time they find a way to make deductions, and don't add the supposed "bonuses" I was promised in the interview. They are not an honest company.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Do not advertise that a teacher will make a certain amount when in fact you do not plan to pay fair wages. Penalties for a power outage? To steep! I understand not being paid when one misses work, when it's their fault. But to make huge deductions from the teacher's pay - for other classes they actually taught - should be against the law. Well actually it is here in America.

DaDa2019-06-16

"No, No, No! This is the worst job I've EVER had!"

Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at DaDa full-time for more than a year

Pros

I honestly can't think of any.

Cons

Lack of respect, theft of wages, being forced to work for free, rude responses, under-aged students, penalties for time off. The list goes on...

Advice to Management

I am talking legal action against you DadaAbc. You will not get away with this. I promise you that!

DaDa2019-06-01

"Good Place for Extra Income"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at DaDa part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible schedules can work from anywhere

Cons

was first time teaching to asian learners

DaDa2019-04-25

"Run away!"

Former Employee - Teacher in Houston, TX

I worked at DaDa part-time for less than a year

Pros

None. This is a very deceptive Chinese company who will steal your wages.

Cons

I had to switch my schedule. Since I switched my schedule, they took ALL of my paycheck. It was $176 after waking up at 4 am and working for four weeks. This is tiny money to begin with. They just have the ability to steal all of your money!!!! LOL!!!! Can you imagine if people did this in America? Thank God I live in America where we have some protection for workers.

Advice to Management

You are thieves. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Extremely deceptive.

DaDa2019-05-25

"I LOVE this job!"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Boston, MA

I have been working at DaDa part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule - work what works for YOU. (minimum 7.5 hours) LOTS of incentives, bonus pay for teachers, Fun, fantastic supportive group of teachers (social media groups, company forums etc) to help you every step of the way, great pay

Cons

no matter how many hours you work, it is part time/contract so you will not get benefits. This may be a con to some.

DaDa2019-03-26