Found 257 of over 265 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
2 days ago
So I recently got an offer at Tiktok but I’m not actually interested in joining due to their poor WLB. TC is currently 30% higher than what I make. Can I share this with my manager and ask for a counter offer? Counter offer seems pretty common at our company, but they don’t necessarily match the bump exactly, which is fine. Is there a chance that he is taken aback that I’ve been interviewing during work time and kicks me out? Don’t want to take the risk of actually accepting Tiktok…
a day ago
Director of Marketing
So I wanted to share this... Was contacted by the General Manager for a very senior (new) role at another start-up and this was the experience..... week 1 - 30 minute call. week 2 - 45 minute call. week 3 - 1 hour prepared presentation of my marcom achievements. week 5 - 1.5 hour prepared MOCK 2024 marketing plan... quite extensive week 7 - 45 minute team meet week 7 - SORRY BUT EVEN THOUGH YOU CHECK ALL THE BOXES, WE ARE GOING ANOTHER ROUTE Is this the norm? beyond painful
Got a burning question about Darwin Technologies? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Darwin Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "For some roles Thomsons paid low salaries which meant experience in some departments was limited." (in 17 reviews)
- "Poor management and not so well" (in 10 reviews)
- "Work life balance a bit bad" (in 9 reviews)
- "It’s almost like Darwin is insulting their own experience and trying to normalise low pay rises (which won’t work for a central London company" (in 6 reviews)
- "high workloads" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Darwin Technologies and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Mar 6, 2015Director of Enterprise SalesCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Strong, involved management support, even from the founders; great training on software; cool culture of work hard, play hard; modern marketing plan with strong use of social media; true global company with disruptive software that makes a difference. Huge upside on career opportunities as we grow the business.
You have to be self driven and want to succeed. There will be high expectations and people who do not want to be the best they can be will have challenges. This is not a company where you want to be just average. Some may not like this type of culture, but I say this is a positive. Successful people are self starters and motivated before they join and know when and where to ask for help. Many people work remote which can be challenge for some. You have to be very patient during the interview process as Thomsons is selective with who they bring on.
- 1.0Feb 18, 2015Inside Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBurlingame, CA
Everyone will tell you what you want to hear and sound like they mean it. Close to CalTrain
It's in Burlingame, CA. You will be promised things in the interview that will not be true. You will be "oversold" the position (their words - not mine) so if it's too good to be true-- it's probably not true. The break room is pitiful. The on-boarding process was relentless and they made me feel bad about expecting things to be set up before I started. They have a "that's just the way it is" kind of attitude. They are a benefits company that won't even invest in a 401k option for the U.S. team or even other mainstream benefit packages (gym, lunches, etc). The office has barely any sunlight. Getting reimbursed for expenses (flights, phone, phone bill) takes way too long. It took them more than 3 weeks to get my insurance set up. The main office is in London (which you may never even get to see like they promise you) and it is difficult to communicate with anyone there about important matters. It took them more than 3 weeks to get me a proper power cord for my laptop. You HAVE to use a Dell Laptop. They won't invest in you until you fully invest in them. They treat you as though you should be lucky to work for them instead of them being lucky to have you working there.11Darwin Technologies Response9y
We are sorry to hear that your brief time with Thomsons didn’t live up to your expectations. Our US office is very much a start-up and the look, feel and environment of the office reflect that. Our recruitment process is very transparent about what it is like to work at Thomsons and what’s on offer, and our culture is very much orientated to a partnership and balance between us and Thomsons People. This does require a get-up-and-go, can do approach, and the ‘you get out what you put in’ which is common is most of our reviews is representative of the company. Sadly, sometimes it comes down to simply not being the right fit. We wish you all the best.
- 5.0Mar 6, 2015Inside Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBurlingame, CA
- Truly disruptive product - Unlimited Enterprise and Industry Potential - Prospects love the product - super intuitive, simple to use, ahead of the market. - Very Competitive Salary and Commission Structure. - Excellent executives and management. - Real long term potential- If you do well here you are REWARDED! - Because the company is growing so fast, if you perform you can get promoted much faster than any other start up out there -The company is very fair and open to discussing almost anything employees want addressed.
-There are growing pains with setting up U.S. office however we are backed by large machine in the U.K. -The team is small and you need to mesh well in order to fit in. -Expected to deliver2
- 5.0Nov 25, 2014Enterprise SalesCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
- high growth fast paced environment with room for growth - flexible work environment and no micro management - but management is always available when needed - access to CEO and MD - they know and interact with every employee and what's going on in their lives - revolutionary technology - a concept that is newer to the market and is expected to boom in the coming years - endless opportunity for personal and professional growth - and yes, Work Hard, Play Hard which makes it fun!
Occasionally it can be hard working remotely or on the road, but they do a good job of keeping everyone engaged and productive!2
- 5.0Mar 6, 2015Inside SalesCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBurlingame, CA
Culture at Thomsons is extremely important and they really care about making each employee understand the value they bring to the business. They do a great job of rewarding self-starters who show that they want to get stuck-in and smash their targets. I wouldn't say the culture is"work hard, play hard", but everyone is passionate about being successful and likes to have a good time. All of my colleagues have a great sense of humor and we all like to have fun when we get together. The co-founders are not only highly-accessibleto new-joiners, but they are always helpful and are both inspiring individuals to learn from. Management has always been very supportive and willing to negotiate so that you are happy and have everything you need to succeed. I love that we have a start-up feel here in the States, even though we have a bigger machine that supports us out of our London headquarters. We already work with some of the world's most exciting companies, but I love how much opportunity for growth we have considering the fact that we are pioneering this market here in the States. It really is a fantastic solution that we offer and I am genuinely excited about the future of our US team, in addition to the business as a whole. I truly believe this is an excellent time to join Thomsons here in the States.
Although they offer top of the line medical and dental, the benefits offered to US employees might not be as comprehensive as some other tech companies. However, I am sure this is temporary as the US team is quite new.4
- 5.0Mar 10, 2015SalesCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great company with a great culture! Recently started working at Thomsons and I love the software and the people. Everyone has been willing to help me be successful. Would highly recommend!
Growing company so we are learning new things very fast. Some people may not like the work hard play hard attitude but those who are self starters will be successful!2
- 4.0Nov 24, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBurlingame, CA
Work-life balance is great Senior Management is very approachable and happy to give guidance or advice One of the best corporate cultures I've experienced- fun and caring Creative and professional freedom
Company opened the US office just a year ago, so is still in the process of figuring things out, though the business listens to the feedback which is good.2
- 1.0Aug 9, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBoca Raton, FL
Suitable product for the UK, but not feasible for other markets... Absolute need for global benefits platforms, but one platform is where the world is going and not partnering..
Poor leadership, lack of direction, shifting directions, lack of transparency, lack of respect from the top down.... Poor treatment of employees who are victims of shifting directions. If you don't party then don't work there....14Darwin Technologies Response8y
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create a unique culture globally which we're immensely proud of. We appreciate the time you’ve taken to write this comment as we are always looking to learn and evolve as a business.
Darwin Technologies Reviews FAQs
Darwin Technologies has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 265 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Darwin Technologies to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
65% of Darwin Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Darwin Technologies 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.