Delphi Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 31, 2017

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great Company and Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Delphi Technology full-time

Pros

The work culture and ethics at Delphi are good. The employee will be never stressed by the management. I can rate this as one of the best companies I have worked so far.

Cons

No Cons at this point.

2. "Analysis Paralysis"

I worked at Delphi Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, long term staff, beautiful offices

Cons

Closely held private company who owner/CEO/President (all the same person) takes prolonged business trips in the middle of a process to China, and then comes back with new ideas and completely changes the deliverables. Very frustrating

Advice to Management

Trust your people, they have been there long term, share your visions and have the greater good in mind for the firm.

3. "Working at Delphi"

I worked at Delphi Technology full-time

Pros

Nice office space in Boston

Cons

Not a lot of pros, honestly.

5. "Mixed bag"

Pros

Very mixed experience at this firm.

Cons

Constantly changing priorities.
    Lack of focus on customer needs.

"Things Change"

I have been working at Delphi Technology full-time

Pros

Flexible environment, learning is encouraged, use of new tools and processes is encouraged, really great people to work with - managers on my projects are very talented - the progress is obvious and satisfying. If you are a self motivated professional who enjoys a degree of autonomy while collaborating with others this might be the place for you. Boston office in great location.

Cons

Potential con - off shore is China, which means a weekly evening meeting. I like it because I'm able to structure my working hours on that day to work for me too.

"Software Development Manager"

Pros

Good benefits. Flexible employment status.

Cons

Still stuck in the past, does things the old way. Too much politics.

Advice to Management

Management and owner not always on same page.

8. "My experience started off positively , but over time the entire atmosphere deteriorated."

I worked at Delphi Technology full-time

Pros

In the early days at Delphi, there was an encouraging optimistic culture where managers were generally satisfied when employees had credibility (with clients or internally) and punched in extra hours when the need arose. Employees were happy to help one another and there was even a friendly social culture.

Cons

Management/Ownership are well aware of how unhappy a place Delphi became. Certain management/PM behavior bordered on bullying (and i don't use the word lightly) and exclusion , because the company became fixated on maximizing short-term profits."Show me how to make the money"! Questionable aggressive management methods brought in by a former cfo proved to be enduring...but didn't help the company hit any medium or long term targets. The friendliness of earlier days completely disappeared and was replaced by a suspicious divided team.

Advice to Management

A technology company needs the best product in its market and good people to deliver it. Delphi needs to ask itself if it can really say that about itself , and it needs to treat its people much much better.

"Aren't looking out for their employees"

I worked at Delphi Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are software vendors in the Insurance & Technology sector. They are the dominant player in Med Mal and are looking to expand to other LOBs.

Cons

The company culture is not very inclusive in nature unless your in the "Circle". Its difficult to advance your abilities/skills which creates an interdependent relationship between employer and employee. They don't have a good record of treating their employees with respect. Once your not in their best interest they quickly lose their interest. The company politics drowns out common sense and the resistance to change is immense. As a result that have failed to do much growth in the last 10 years. They are a company waiting to expire unless there is drastic change in the company which again they tend to be very resistant to.

Advice to Management

Focus on having productive people in your company be put in the best position to help the company. The protective nature of management in the company will result in its ultimate demise.