Diffbot Reviews | Glassdoor

Diffbot Reviews

Updated 16 Feb 2019

Found 5 reviews

4.8
Diffbot CEO Mike Tung (no image)
Mike Tung
  1. "Research driven, very technical, open culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Diffbot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at Diffbot for 8 months now and here are the things I like: - We are solving a difficult problem - We work with web-scale data, ML and large software systems - Many real companies, big and small, pay to use Diffbot to add more value to their offerings. This is a testament to the fact that Diffbot adds tangible value to their business. - We are research driven with both in-house research and collaboration with academia - We are a small team with large per-capita contribution to the product - We are metrics driven and attempt to quantify everything we produce - It's a culture driven by integrity, responsibility, respect and challenges. - Great CEO and early team. Mike set the tone for the technology and culture at Diffbot and let the rest of us mould it into a collective culture. - Snack bar, pantry, paid lunch, fully covered medi-dental-vision, pet-friendly

Cons

- It's a startup and it's not for everybody. - The software is large and complex written by prolific coders. Working for large systems is, again, not for everyone.

Diffbot2019-02-16

"A profitable startup with great perks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Diffbot full-time for less than a year

Pros

- One of the few profitable startups and the first profitable AI company on record - Very few direct competitors - Lots of large customers like Microsoft, eBay, Yandex, DuckDuckGo, Cisco, Salesforce, Crunchbase, Hubspot, Adobe, Instapaper, and Onswipe, read the press releases for lots of candid information. - Business is growing rapidly. - Working with people who are passionate about Knowledge Graphs, machine learning, structured data and Artificial Intelligence - Free snacks and drinks, expense your lunches - Flexibility in hours and working remote - Great work life balance - Social activities - Lucrative stock options - Fully paid PPO Health plan with no paycheck deductions even for family coverage I filtered through about 300 companies before deciding to apply and join this one. Many had revenue growth issues, bad products, too much market competition, bad management layers, or were trying to grow employees too quickly leading to lower hiring standards. This is one of the few shining stars.

Cons

It's a startup so it's not for everybody. Taking ownership, being self motivated, and making good decisions will help you excel in this environment.

Diffbot2018-12-07
  3. "Exciting, Supportive, and Fast Growing"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer

I have been working at Diffbot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At Diffbot there is a culture of empowerment and support. Everyone is encouraged to try new strategies and make their mark. At the same time there is a very supportive environment. There is no sense of stressful competition, but rather an all hands on deck approach to getting things done. The technology Diffbot is building has the potential to instantaneously create new businesses. Providing a semantic database easily accessed via UIs and APIs allows many businesses to leverage the impressive technical stack at Diffbot that includes machine vision based web extraction technology, tons of NLP, and hard core knowledge graph engineering.

Cons

You need to be self directed.

Diffbot2018-12-08
  4. "Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Diffbot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked at a number of large tech companies in the past and the amount of ownership and autonomy I have at Diffbot is incomparable. Additionally, our product is the future of tech - all encompassed with Deep Learning, AI, NLP, Computer Vision. I've been given the chance to grow the team and set up processes for the company to follow. This amount of trust from the CEO would've taken me years to accomplish at the big tech companies (FAANG).

Cons

Hopefully they will add 401k in the future.

Diffbot2018-12-10
  5. "Great culture, great people, great research!"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Diffbot full-time

Pros

- work with really bright and experienced people who are very passionate about building a Knowledge Graph - fantastic learning opportunities: Diffbot has a strong research focus and closely collaborates with leading academic researchers - great work climate, very friendly, humble and laid back coworkers - ownership, trust and very results driven - lot of perks such as snacks, food, cozy offices, flexibility (work remote) - great work life balance - social activities such as BBQ in the office garden and hikes

Cons

I have nothing to complain about.

Diffbot2018-08-31