Digital Reception Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 19, 2019

2.7
John J Yodzis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Tools , van and gas card all given to the tech" (in 15 reviews)

• "Great training, take home vehicle, gas card, cell phone" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some long hours but at the most part I am home by 6pm almost every day" (in 11 reviews)

• "But management is to stupid to see that if you tie speed to base pay the amount of trouble calls due to techs rushing will go up" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Tampa, FL

I worked at Digital Reception Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! You are a person and not a number. There are a lot of incentives for the employees. You are family while there.

Cons

Don’t really have any cons

2. "Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Digital Reception Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Huge earning potential.
    -Great people (From the top to the bottom. My ROM is one of the nicest guys and is super positive and supportive. My FSM is so extremely knowledgeable and always provides support when I need it. Most of my fellow techs are amazing people that make me look forward to getting to work each morning just to catch up with them. They are always willing to answer the phone and answer a question throughout the day.).
    -Goal oriented structure. Hit your metrics, make more $$$!
    -PTO, holiday pay
    -Always gaining new skills.
    -Company van, gas card.
    -Bonus potential. Company offers different types of bonuses.
    -Many more.

Cons

-Sometimes extremely long work days.
    -Some 6 day work weeks and sometimes the schedule changes and nobody tells you.
    -Sometimes routes can change or a job gets cancelled or added and you have to drive very far to the next job.
    -Sometimes you’ll be almost done with your route and more jobs just pop in without even a phone call to ask if you want to work late. You are just expected to complete your route. It can seem that you get punished for being fast and doing a great job.
    -Some 60+ hour work weeks. But you get paid by what you complete so if you want to make a lot of money and don’t mind working hard for it then you’ll have a huge potential to earn lots of money.

Advice to Management

Make the $150 productivity bonus permanent. Require a phone call from a manager to a tech to explain or even ask if they are willing to do another job after they have completed their own route. Stop dropping jobs and moving routes so much throughout the day. Route better in the mornings and closer to the tech’s home zip code. Give FSMs a huge raise as they work extremely hard and really do deserve a considerably higher salary. Value the IAs more and give them more money too as they are extremely important members of the team. Raise the max point value from 2.60 as I have heard it hasn’t gone up in quite a few years. Most jobs do have yearly raises for cost of living so that only makes sense.

3. "Horrible experience!"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Digital Reception Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free phone and Van to take home.

Cons

Everything else!!!!! hours, pay model, metrics .....

4. "Great Entry level job"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Digital Reception Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay that you cannot find anywhere else. You get back what you put in. If you put in 100% you will make $1000-$1500 a WEEK... If you put in 50% work, You won't be there long.

Company take-home vehicle, Gas card, Phone, and all tools paid for.

Corporate office is in Tampa, So upper management presence is strong in the Tampa office, Which is sometimes nice to see them around and they know you on a first name basis.

Cons

Not much opportunity to move up within the company. Moving up comes with a huge pay cut for most techs. Most techs made 55-80k/Year, and managers start at 40k.

Advice to Management

Hire C.S Back

"I would rather recycle cans out of the trash"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

I worked at Digital Reception Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't work for them anymore

Cons

- lied about where I would be working
    - lied about pay
    - lied about hours
    - saw 3 people quit my first day and several openly complaining about how awful it was

Advice to Management

There is no advice that can help this company. It is the epitome of a meat grinder. They will just wear you out until you had enough and replace you with the next piece of meat.

"Selfish company"

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Digital Reception Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brought food to the table and gave me three weeks of paid vacation to get away from that place

Cons

12-16 hour days, A slow season that gets worse year by year which puts you getting sent home due to "lack of work" continuously changing schedule from 4 days to working 6 days a week so your check varies by hundreds of dollars, No seniority,Pay structure changes every quarter they always ask for more, nothing is never enough!

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep senior techs around because you lost a loyal one here!

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Digital Reception Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is willing to help one another, it's a real team atmosphere. DRS invests in their people. Leadership is very engaged with employees and is welcoming to new ideas. DRS really strives to get "it" right. The recruiting department does an awesome job of providing potential employees all the necessary information for considering a career with DRS.

Cons

I have none. I love my job!

8. "Not bad"

I have been working at Digital Reception Services full-time

Pros

consecutive days off, friendly co-workers, pay higher than minimal wage

Cons

no breaks with long shifts, only lunch.

9. "Working 10 to 12 hour days, little to no time for a break you literally have to work through your lunch hour cuz the amo"

Former Employee - Satellite Technician
    Former Employee - Satellite Technician

I worked at Digital Reception Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taking your van home to me was one of the only perks you get from the company.

Cons

Back charge for sneezing, sale, no team work, supervisors have poor people skills and under paid for the amount of work one do.

10. "Great culture and great leadership"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Digital Reception Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone knows everyone on a first name basis, employees are treated like family to the upper management and they make it known that you're valued and appreciated, collaborative and fun atmosphere, modern and open work space, excellent benefits, ability to share ideas and have them heard

Cons

None so far - I've been really impressed with my experience here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - this place is unlike anywhere else I've worked. The unique family-like culture is a rarity, and this company makes it easy to enjoy getting up everyday to come into work.