KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Digital Reception Services Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2021

Found 109 of over 111 reviews

2.8
Digital Reception Services President & CEO John J Yodzis (no image)
John J Yodzis
Pros
  • "Tools , van and gas card all given to the tech(in 16 reviews)

• "Company Van, Tools, PTO , Holiday Pay(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some long hours but at the most part I am home by 6pm almost every day(in 11 reviews)

• "Low pay, technicians treated poorly by upper management(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Mar 8, 2019 - Team Lead in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! You are a person and not a number. There are a lot of incentives for the employees. You are family while there.

Cons

Don’t really have any cons

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Once had promise.

Sep 14, 2021 - Field Technician in Tallahassee, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you can qualify for the top pay metric, by having all of your stats flawless, then you will make a lot of money. Drive company vehicle home to and to work.

Cons

Your stats are near impossible to keep flawless due to the fact that some of them are not based on your performance and are completely out of your hands. Management doesn't care about you at all unless your making sales, even though you weren't hired as a salesman.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jacksonville Fl not a good place to work

Feb 19, 2021 - Field Technician in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don’t have any pros aside for the training the company provides. They do take the time to teach you most of what you need to know to successfully install satellite services in a residential environment

Cons

While I was working for this company the vans were never in proper working order or equipped with a proper extension ladder to reach second story homes roofs or hard to reach areas. So hypothetically I’m working in Fernandina Beach area I would have to travel back to center fo Jacksonville to collect the ladder then return while schedule on the route stayed the same. We were paid based on the type of work we did and the volume of crappy electronics we sold. We were told to push items that customers were unaware or didn’t need consistently. When we didn’t perform we were reprimanded by getting work assignments that payed less. We were guaranteed a minimum hourly rate but last I checked with health insurance/taxes removed 11$ an hour is not survivable. I can ramble for hours how difficult it is to advance (aside from installing satellite internet which is more of a hastle than benefit). But overall this is a sub contractor for a major second tier dish provider. They don’t care or don’t show they do about how the job is done as long as second hand sales are high which pads the managers wallets more than the tech selling the products. Be wary and do not stop here for long. Use it for what it is and move on to either AT&T or Comcast which is where I landed. Annual raises and amazing benefits.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Dish Network

Nov 29, 2019 - Field Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Hours tend to get cut a lot

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Technician

Mar 19, 2019 - Technician in Ocala, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Huge earning potential. -Great people (From the top to the bottom. My ROM is one of the nicest guys and is super positive and supportive. My FSM is so extremely knowledgeable and always provides support when I need it. Most of my fellow techs are amazing people that make me look forward to getting to work each morning just to catch up with them. They are always willing to answer the phone and answer a question throughout the day.). -Goal oriented structure. Hit your metrics, make more $$$! -PTO, holiday pay -Always gaining new skills. -Company van, gas card. -Bonus potential. Company offers different types of bonuses. -Many more.

Cons

-Sometimes extremely long work days. -Some 6 day work weeks and sometimes the schedule changes and nobody tells you. -Sometimes routes can change or a job gets cancelled or added and you have to drive very far to the next job. -Sometimes you’ll be almost done with your route and more jobs just pop in without even a phone call to ask if you want to work late. You are just expected to complete your route. It can seem that you get punished for being fast and doing a great job. -Some 60+ hour work weeks. But you get paid by what you complete so if you want to make a lot of money and don’t mind working hard for it then you’ll have a huge potential to earn lots of money.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Upward movment and employee focused

Sep 1, 2015 - Regional Trainer in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started 4 years ago as an installer, promoted to master tech, promoted to FSM, promoted to LFSM, and recently promoted to regional trainer! I started with no knowledge of the industry and DRS offered all the training I needed to be successful in this industry. My management worked with my schedule to allow me to finish my college degree, I have had 2 weeks PTO to spend with my family (you get this your first year!!) and the open door policy allows you to have conversations with any member of management. They listen and constantly make positive adjustments based on employee feedback. The company even invest in summer and winter social events for the techs and their family's! What started as a job has rapidly evolved into a career and one I'm proud of! I highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to begin an exciting career that allows you to grow, learn new skills, make a strong income at the entry level, and have an open relationship with all members of management straight up to Chip, the CEO.

Cons

I honestly do not have a negative thing to say. I love my job. You could say working in the heat, rain etc. however this in uncontrollable parts of this industry. The company provides equipment to fight these elements as well (another positive). I feel this company excels at all aspects of the industry.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

4+ year review

Mar 27, 2017 - Technicians
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounts, Dow, COV, meet lots of folks. Sometimes you even get a trip out of your daily area! Great HR! Was always good to me.

Cons

Long hours, Discipline for not meeting metrics ie SALES! Don't meet your monthly $$ per wo and its the drive in every day you work for the month. Training they call it! More like an additional 40+ hrs that month you dont get paid for! Especially the drive time to goto an office your more than an hour or two away! Gets old fast!!!

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best Company I have worked for!

Sep 2, 2015 - Regional Trainer in Lake Wales, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for DRS for a about 10 years. DRS gives you a company phone, company vehicle that I get to take home everyday, which saves me so much money a year on gas and insurance. It has been great! I started off as a technician, where they trained me to do the job. They promoted me to crew leader then a Field Service Manager and now I am a Regional Trainer. DRS has always given me the knowledge and tools in order for me to do my job right. They have great benefits, medical,dental,vision,401k, just to name a few. I have nothing but good things to say about all my managers, they have always listened and made changes from the employees feedback. This is a great company to work for! You have the opportunity to earn a strong income and grow within the company!

Cons

I have no cons about this company. Anytime I had a question about something I could go to any of my managers and they have always took the time to help me understand.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Technician

Sep 4, 2015 - Field Satellite Technician in Ocala, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really like how the managers in Ocala keep you informed of what goes on. I recently had some personal troubles and the ABM listened and worked with me. My FSM's also help me when ever I need it. What is good is that if one is busy another will help even if your not part of the their team. All team players it seems here. All though I am coming up on a year, I feel this company is good for me and good to me. Only have to go to shop once a week to load and have a meeting which I like. Definitely have some long days here and there.

Cons

The heat is rough. I never get used to it. The daily rain is a pain, I recommend a couple pair of boots because of how much you get wet. I don't like the change to Sprint. The data service is the main problem as many areas are dead zones compared to Verizon. Any chance Sprint will update?

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked

May 30, 2019 - Field Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are at least good.

Cons

Everything else was not worth it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Reviews