DiscoverOrg Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The CEO is extremely motivating and respects and recognizes hard work when it's needed (in 21 reviews)

• Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization is growing so quickly, this is not an organization to work for if you do not like change (in 4 reviews)

• It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best. Decision. Ever."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back. I have only been here a couple months, but I have felt the difference every day. Even though I wake up earlier to come to work, I'm actually EXCITED to go see my new friends and have fun in my job! I'm also given plenty of opportunities outside of my "normal" job duties to be creative and make a difference in the company and our processes.

P.S.- The people are amazing here and treat you with respect in whatever job you are in - I feel truly valued working here.

Cons

Too much growth, longer lines for the microwaves.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is super transparent and I never feel like I'm out of the loop on anything.

"The Industry Standard for how a Software Company should run"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Amazing Company Culture. This speaks to both the personnel, and the overall style/tone. Feels like a family that pushes you to your best.
    -Huge opportunities for upward movement. Happens at a quick rate for those who apply themselves
    -The company offers University-esque classes for those who want to learn additional information. Along with that, training and meetings also somewhat operate like a classroom - I feel like they provided me with a 4-year degree worth of knowledge in Business.
    -Great location in Downtown Vancouver. The 9th floor view overlooking the city is nothing to take for granted.
    -The talent that you're surrounded by is hard to collectively find. Since it's such a cooperative environment, everyone gets better everyday, simply thanks to their peers.
    -Competitive pay
    -Benefits and overall HR experience is unparalleled
    -The company compliments the "work hard" mentality very well when it comes to social events.
    -The leadership/executive staff.
    -Last but not least, the product/solution itself.

Cons

The only thing I will say, is that the company just went through an acquisition (of their biggest competitor). There were no cons while I was working at DiscoverOrg, but I'm sure there will be a couple growing pains associated with the months to come - simply due to the success of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, because it's working extremely well.

"Run with a pack, eat like a wolf"

Current Employee - Customer Development Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard mentality helps keep your motivation levels up. Very organic atmosphere where, I have walked up to the CRO and suggested an idea and we talked about it for 15-20 minutes before he decided to pass it off to a team to start forming and potentially implementing. Show up, work hard, and you are rewarded much better than most places. You are trusted to be responsible and on task, goals are high but definitely achievable and they support you superbly to help you rising to the occasion.

Cons

Can't wear tennis shoes. No mohawks allowed. They stock coffee but not tea.

Advice to Management

Stock tea in the break room!

Sep 20, 2017 – Co-Founder & CEO

I'll talk to Michelle about adding tea to the breakroom. Thanks for the suggestion.

"Business is Booming!"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

DiscoverOrg is growing like wildfire! In just the 1o months I have been here i have seen huge growth in DiscoverOrg and as a result have had the opportunity to grow with in the company myself. You cant go wrong if you are looking to join a market leader with lots of room to grown and advance!

Cons

Life at DiscoverOrg is very fluid and always changing. If change makes you uncomfortable then this could be a challenge

"2 Promotions & 3 raises in a year"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great atmosphere the people you work with are all great
    -This company rewards hard work. I have not had an experience where I was recognized for the work I put in everyday like I am here. I was given an award, promoted (given a raise), given a raise, promoted again (and given another raise) and I have only been here a year. If this keeps up I'll be the CEO in no time. I also have no college education and no previous skills in my position when I started but they took me in and kept giving me chances to succeed. Heck, the CEO walked by one day and spent a couple minutes talking to me, he knew my name and he cared what I had to say! I can honestly say this is a rewarding place to work.
    -The company has values. We stopped using uber because of an ethical conflict of interest and I find that super respectful

Cons

This company is not perfect. No company is, but the biggest problem here is how fast things are growing and changing. Sometimes things happen faster than it seems we are prepared for them to. However everyone working here is smart and flexible and things get sorted out before you know it.
    Second thing is there is a disconnect between the research department (located on the 8th floor) and the rest of the company (who are mostly on the 9th floor).
    I would have to say that most of this disconnect is simply a result of the separation of floors and is not intended whatsoever. Some ideas have been put into place to amend the disconnect but not enough to make a huge difference.
    Oh and parking is the pits - no good parking options but the CEO keeps working to find a solution.

Advice to Management

Go a little easier on the 8th floor.
    Give them more reasons to come to the 9th floor and get to know people or vice versa.
    Buy that empty lot across the street.
    But mostly keep doing what you're doing and keep promoting from within I think it's working out for us.

Sep 14, 2017 – President & CFO

Thanks for the feedback and congratulations! We agree that DiscoverOrg is great company where people that want to succeed, have a career, and go the extra mile will be recognized and rewarded. You'll... More

6. "Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible Opportunity
    Good comp
    Killer Teammates
    Amazing culture

Cons

All feedback
    You will always get better ( the con is how)
    never ever get complacent

Advice to Management

Delegate

7. "Sales is fun"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

- Lots of support for training and development
    - Management is open to constructive criticism
    - Goals are lofty, but not at all unobtainable
    - Roadmap for moving up is clear

Cons

- Not really a con, but while the energy and expectations for growth match that of a startup, the amenities are not (no ping pong tables, beer on tap, etc.)

Advice to Management

We are so focused on growth right now that there are some bandwidth issues. Growth is important, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the teams that new hires typically start on.

"Desiree is AMAZING!"

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

I am not a former employee, but I was offered a position. I wanted to make sure to mention that their Talent Acquisition Specialist Desiree is amazing to work with!! She is very transparent about the job opportunity I was applying for. She was there to guide me every step of the way and make sure this would be a good fit. I recommend reaching out to her if you are considering an opportunity with DiscoverOrg, she will clear any doubts you have about the job.

Cons

You're missing out if you haven't spoken to Desiree.

Advice to Management

Don't lose this employee.

Sep 22, 2017 – Co-Founder & CEO

We agree. Desiree is great.

"Discover Org"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, awesome benefits, extremely helpful management and HR team.

Cons

have yet to encounter any.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.

"Great people. Great work. Great Benefits."

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a great employee culture and works to maintain not only their customer satisfaction, but their employee satisfaction as well. They take the time to listen to concerns. They promote people from within and make it clear they want their employees to succeed and provide many benefits from health insurance to discounts at places like Columbia Sportswear.

Cons

The environment is rapidly changing and growing at DiscoverOrg, so one must be prepared to change pace!