DiscoverOrg Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Culture that promotes teamwork and rewards you for your hard work (in 24 reviews)

• Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Look into possibilities for individuals to work from home occasionally (in 5 reviews)

• Just like most any sales position, work/life balance isn't ideal (way better than other sales organizations I've been a part of though) (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best. Decision. Ever."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back. I have only been here a couple months, but I have felt the difference every day. Even though I wake up earlier to come to work, I'm actually EXCITED to go see my new friends and have fun in my job! I'm also given plenty of opportunities outside of my "normal" job duties to be creative and make a difference in the company and our processes.

P.S.- The people are amazing here and treat you with respect in whatever job you are in - I feel truly valued working here.

Cons

Too much growth, longer lines for the microwaves.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is super transparent and I never feel like I'm out of the loop on anything.

2. "Research Analyst"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

Monday thru Friday work schedule, day shift so it's easy to work around, and benefits are pretty inexpensive.

Cons

It's in down town Vancouver.

3. "Push you to be better. Push you to learn!"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. My favorite part of the company are the things offered that are sometimes hard to quantify. For example, the learning and development team offer classes (almost daily) that are free. On topics that help us get better in our role and professionally. I recently started and the training I got in the beginning was better than anything I had ever received at any other company. They provide the tools to help you succeed. And they push that 1% better every day should be your goal!

Cons

End of month and end of quarter can be stressful. But that is to be expected. After all, its sales!

4. "I am a Corporate Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

People are extremely friendly and easy to get along with, my interview was super easy and comfortable, and i cannot wait to get working with all of these amazing people.

Cons

I haven't found any Cons to this company.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing! All of management that I've met is beyond helpful and knows what they're doing. Keep it up!

5. "Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

First company I'll have worked for since graduating college. Seems like a great environment with room for growth.

Cons

So far I have no cons I could give.

6. "I'd say it couldn't be better but they keep proving me wrong!"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at a variety of different places and this is by far the best place. My opinion is valued, the environment is comfortable, and the goals set by the company are not unattainable. There's is always help as long as you're willing to ask the question!

Cons

Sometimes the free soda runs out and doesn't get restocked as fast so i have to go one floor up to the other free soda machine... its rough.

Advice to Management

You go Glen CoCo!

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great leadership, from the top down. An open door policy that allows your voice to be heard.
    - a REAL company culture, and one that's fun to be a part of. Happy hours after work, group sports & karaoke nights are commonplace.

- an Environment where effort and results are rewarded

- Fast growing company, with opportunity for professional development and career growth.

Cons

Not really a "Con", but it should be noted; show up ready to work. The pace is quick, and there's no room for slacking.

Also, the city of Vancouver is VERY light on available parking

8. "Growing fast"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, smart people to work with at a successful, growing company. What more could you ask for in a workplace?

Cons

I was required to enter at least five words.

Advice to Management

Continue to do good and communicate.

9. "Somehow this place keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Vice President in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a workplace energy that is unlike any office I've been in. People are excited about sales intelligence, contact research, and grinding out a hard days work. Employees are respected and recognized. If you're smart and hard-working, you will ascend at this company. Your co-workers become your friends at DiscoverOrg.

Cons

With the company's growth, it's becoming difficult to find cheap parking around the office. Also, DO is such a fast-paced environment so things are always changing. That might not fit certain people very well.

Advice to Management

Keeping DiscoverOrg's culture is really important as the company grows. Bottle it and keep it around for as long as possible.

10. "Looking Back Fondly"

Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After I left DiscoverOrg, I was tempted to immediately write a review but never got around to it. I am glad I didn't. The reason is that working in another office environment really changed my already positive view of the DisoverOrg.

So to begin, I want to express how amazing Henry and the leadership is. We didn't always see eye-to-eye but I was always treated like family. Henry himself helped me professionally and personally. He took a personal approach that I have not received from either of the 2 CEOs I have worked for since.

Secondly, they hire good people. Coworkers were also family and we have remained in touch even after I left. This should speak volumes about the company culture.

Third, I worked hard and was expected to work hard. While some do not consider this a "Pro" but it was great. I was pushed and pushed and pushed again and became far better at my job in a far quicker time. When I started I had no experience whatsoever in what I was doing but in 6 months I felt confident and thrived in my work. This forever shaped my work ethic allowing me to grow within the company as well as land higher ranking positions at other organizations I have worked for since.

Lastly, without DiscoverOrg I would still be a Shlub with an Art History degree trying to figure out my life. I am not being dramatic here, DiscoverOrg changed my life for the better.

Cons

Compensation was below average for my position but this may not be the case any more.

Advice to Management

The sky's the limit.