DiscoverOrg Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Culture that promotes teamwork and rewards you for your hard work (in 24 reviews)

• Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Look into possibilities for individuals to work from home occasionally (in 5 reviews)

• Just like most any sales position, work/life balance isn't ideal (way better than other sales organizations I've been a part of though) (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best. Decision. Ever."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back. I have only been here a couple months, but I have felt the difference every day. Even though I wake up earlier to come to work, I'm actually EXCITED to go see my new friends and have fun in my job! I'm also given plenty of opportunities outside of my "normal" job duties to be creative and make a difference in the company and our processes.

P.S.- The people are amazing here and treat you with respect in whatever job you are in - I feel truly valued working here.

Cons

Too much growth, longer lines for the microwaves.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is super transparent and I never feel like I'm out of the loop on anything.

2. "Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

First company I'll have worked for since graduating college. Seems like a great environment with room for growth.

Cons

So far I have no cons I could give.

3. "I am a Corporate Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

People are extremely friendly and easy to get along with, my interview was super easy and comfortable, and i cannot wait to get working with all of these amazing people.

Cons

I haven't found any Cons to this company.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing! All of management that I've met is beyond helpful and knows what they're doing. Keep it up!

4. "I'd say it couldn't be better but they keep proving me wrong!"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at a variety of different places and this is by far the best place. My opinion is valued, the environment is comfortable, and the goals set by the company are not unattainable. There's is always help as long as you're willing to ask the question!

Cons

Sometimes the free soda runs out and doesn't get restocked as fast so i have to go one floor up to the other free soda machine... its rough.

Advice to Management

You go Glen CoCo!

5. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great leadership, from the top down. An open door policy that allows your voice to be heard.
    - a REAL company culture, and one that's fun to be a part of. Happy hours after work, group sports & karaoke nights are commonplace.

- an Environment where effort and results are rewarded

- Fast growing company, with opportunity for professional development and career growth.

Cons

Not really a "Con", but it should be noted; show up ready to work. The pace is quick, and there's no room for slacking.

Also, the city of Vancouver is VERY light on available parking

6. "Growing fast"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, smart people to work with at a successful, growing company. What more could you ask for in a workplace?

Cons

I was required to enter at least five words.

Advice to Management

Continue to do good and communicate.

7. "Somehow this place keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Vice President in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a workplace energy that is unlike any office I've been in. People are excited about sales intelligence, contact research, and grinding out a hard days work. Employees are respected and recognized. If you're smart and hard-working, you will ascend at this company. Your co-workers become your friends at DiscoverOrg.

Cons

With the company's growth, it's becoming difficult to find cheap parking around the office. Also, DO is such a fast-paced environment so things are always changing. That might not fit certain people very well.

Advice to Management

Keeping DiscoverOrg's culture is really important as the company grows. Bottle it and keep it around for as long as possible.

8. "Looking Back Fondly"

Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After I left DiscoverOrg, I was tempted to immediately write a review but never got around to it. I am glad I didn't. The reason is that working in another office environment really changed my already positive view of the DisoverOrg.

So to begin, I want to express how amazing Henry and the leadership is. We didn't always see eye-to-eye but I was always treated like family. Henry himself helped me professionally and personally. He took a personal approach that I have not received from either of the 2 CEOs I have worked for since.

Secondly, they hire good people. Coworkers were also family and we have remained in touch even after I left. This should speak volumes about the company culture.

Third, I worked hard and was expected to work hard. While some do not consider this a "Pro" but it was great. I was pushed and pushed and pushed again and became far better at my job in a far quicker time. When I started I had no experience whatsoever in what I was doing but in 6 months I felt confident and thrived in my work. This forever shaped my work ethic allowing me to grow within the company as well as land higher ranking positions at other organizations I have worked for since.

Lastly, without DiscoverOrg I would still be a Shlub with an Art History degree trying to figure out my life. I am not being dramatic here, DiscoverOrg changed my life for the better.

Cons

Compensation was below average for my position but this may not be the case any more.

Advice to Management

The sky's the limit.

"Solid business with some weird culture but hey, maybe that's your thing."

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

- Good place to start your career and make a name for yourself. DO has grown tremendously in a short period of time, but is still small enough that with hard work, you can advance much more quickly than at a larger company.
    - Solid product that you can support and sell with genuine confidence and pride.
    - Successful company with a proven foundation and likely positive future.
    - Organized and process-driven; lots of good sales enablement tools

Cons

- PTO and other benefits are not competitive with industry standards, including among other non-Silicon Valley backed startups.
    - Sales leadership is often unprofessional, even to clients. Speaking to a client who was unhappy with their current agreement following the RainKing acquisition, a manager used profanity and said "too bad, should have gone with us to begin with" (paraphrasing and not including the original language). That type of attitude/behavior wasn't an isolated incident.
    - The cronyism among upper management seems borderline incestuous and is pretty weird if you're on the outside looking in. If you overlap the org chart, Henry's family tree, and Henry's top 8 MySpace friends from college, it would look like a classic Venn diagram.
    - Work/life balance is poor, but it goes beyond that (see above) since it seems you have to not only work long hours to get ahead (normal in sales), but spend a lot of time outside of work with co-workers. Would upper management feel differently about this if they weren't working with their closest friends and family members?
    - Totally medieval WFH policies.
    - Much of the research team seems unhappy and resentful of other departments.
    - Definitely not the only company to do this, but the overly positive Glassdoor reviews always ring false.

Advice to Management

None of the cons listed above are things you haven't heard before. Consider taking them to heart instead of giving the kinds of excuses you have in the "Ask Us Anything" sessions. People obviously ask annoying/redundant questions in that forum, and many of them are superficial. But there are also some substantive issues it would be nice if you considered more seriously. You're going to continue to be successful if you don't, but it would be nice if you did. I believe you can be successful and show you value your employees through your actions if you so choose.

"Great People, Great Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Management teams that care about helping you and the company succeed, together

- Culture that promotes teamwork and rewards you for your hard work. At DiscoverOrg, you get what you put in. If you have an idea, and run with it and implement something new - you receive a lot of recognition and reward for it.

- The people at the office are awesome. You go into work everyday looking forward to seeing your coworkers and peers.

- Open door policy with senior executives and management.

Cons

- Like any young company, there are growing pains and challenges. But your ideas to tackle those challenges are always valued.

- It's hard work, but you learn professional skills that go a long way.