KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and awesome atmosphere.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Management is always open to new ideas and everyone's voice is heard(in 18 reviews)
  • "Culture is great, lots of fun without feeling like they are 'trying too hard'.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Technologically Savvy leadership open to new ideas and continuously optimizing processes(in 14 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Nothing but good things to say

Dec 8, 2020 - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really enjoyed my time with this company.

Cons

The only complaint was parking but as I was leaving they were actively making strides in accommodations.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Doing this so I can use the aite

Dec 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Vatican, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

What a good place to work.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced environment,

Dec 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team and our platform are growing really rapidly, which is really cool to be a part of. Everyone is really friendly and I've found it to be a really positive work environment so far. I love that it's extremely fast paced, and that there's never really a dull moment. I work best when I have a lot of forward momentum, so working in a really high-output role with a dynamic team has been perfect for me. I'm also really excited about having a flexible time off policy in 2020!

Cons

Only real negative I've seen is that downtown parking can be kind of tricky.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company to work for in the PNW.

Dec 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is a fast paced growing company. We have doubled our employee count over the past year with an acquisition of ZoomInfo. Now we are ZoomInfo. The employees are great, hard working, and fun. They work hard and celebrate our achievements when necessary.

Cons

After the acquisition a lot has changed. I believe it’s for the better but if you can look forward to where we are heading it could be tough getting through each day.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Dec 17, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity for someone coming out of college to gain experience. The company culture fosters continuous learning and development.

Cons

Typical growing pains that many successful companies go through when they're in the scaling phase.

6. 4.0

Great place to work in Vancouver, WA

Dec 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of career growth opportunity/coaching from department leadership if desired.

Cons

Parking options downtown Vancouver is limited.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of momentum and energy

Nov 26, 2019 - Project Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since I started working at DiscoverOrg over 4 years ago, the company has grown tremendously. We went from 2 offices to over 5 offices and 1k employees. - Great benefits! Flexible PTO with amazing healthcare options and 401k matching - Growth Potential: If you're looking to learn new skills, take on more responsibility and move to a new team - this is the place to be. - Executive Recognition: Hard work does not go unnoticed. DiscoverOrg's CEO and executive team make time to mentor talent and show recognition regardless of tenure and position.

Cons

Hard work: If you're looking for a standard 9-5 where you get to slack off for long lunch breaks daily, this isn't the place for you. We thrive on hard work and dedication!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Moving in the right direction

Nov 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the things I enjoyed most about this company is the vast amount of professional growth opportunities. My manager was very transparent and always there for my professional and personal growth. Also the benefits were always getting better and the senior leaders were trying to better communication throughout the company. I don't think every company is perfect, but there were a lot of positive strides made based on employees' feedback.

Cons

The growth opportunities could be more transparent-especially the opportunities to move to different teams. However, if people were to reach out and ask they would get answers on how to talk to. I think career mapping as the company grows would be super helpful.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A gauntlet. Some valuable learning experience. Take it then find something new.

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am not writing this post lightly, as it is likely an outlier from the rather significant count of positive reviews here on the company page. The reality is, a lion's share of these reviews are "fished" for by the company HR team. On what seems a monthly basis there are email blasts to all growing teams to post positive reviews. It's how they keep the talent pipeline flowing. I am not a junior/entry level associate writing this. I came from behind the scenes, an architect for the critical business systems that fed the revenue generating teams. I built some of the most fundamental analytics tools available to the Sales and CS departments, and partnered with some of the brightest minds in the organization to revolutionize the company's understanding of intelligence and predictive strategy. DiscoverOrg has significant funding. As a result, they have copious capital to funnel towards tech stack development. They have access too Snowflake, Salesforce, Marketo, Looker, Tableau, Outreach, and more. It's a top notch tech stack that will build the experience and credentials of any Sales/CS employee's resume. From a partnership perspective, this company has a wealth of talent at its fingertips. It's this collaborative environment that fosters knowledge sharing, fast paced project completions and lasting friendships. I always knew that at the contributor level, there were people that could get work done, and were very, very competent. The product is phenomenal. The reality is, prior to 2019, DiscoverOrg's development team was arguably one of the most overworked, underappreciated teams I collaborated with. Your immediate colleagues, the support teams, they all care about your success. In the trenches, you're all in it together, and your success is their success. If you're a sales rep, a CSM, or in tech support you can rely on your neighbor to give you a helping hand. That's because they all know that the best way to get something done right is learn from those who have done it before, no reason to re-invent the wheel. More on that later.

Cons

I would be doing this review a disservice if I did not comment on the negatives of this firm. Work/life balance is absolutely frowned upon. The grind mentality is perpetuated throughout the firm as a mantra. This is coupled with a lack of outside experience on the part of senior management that creates an environment that encourages ineffective and laborious work. As a whole, the company is very much under the pretense of "measure once, cut once." As someone who worked upwards of 70 hour weeks regularly, I can promise that this level of commitment to the firm is not rewarded, nor appreciated. It is simply expected. Once that work week changes due to eventual needs for work/life balance, expect to be shamed. For a firm with a wealth of technology at its fingertips, the inexperience of many senior managers has led to a dependence on outdated policies and procedures. There’s software for compensation planning, record reconciliation, and budget planning. It’s not always Excel. Nepotism is rampant. Even one of the senior most leadership executives referred to the company as a "family company." Every firm has favoritism issues, but this one blatantly flaunts it. There is a club, and being part of it has nothing to do with meritocracy. Tenure does not equate to experience. Tenure does not equate to subject matter expertise. Growth opportunities are few and far between. This is due to not only a significant unwillingness to invest in employees, but a great degree of nepotism throughout the firm. Do not come to DiscoverOrg expecting career growth. It is a stepping stone. There can be some lateral moves, but this is often without compensation changes, or flexible incentive structures. It is also the only firm I have worked for that abhorred the idea of conferences. Conferences are for sales representatives, and purely to sell. Thought leaders in sales, marketing, and operations share cutting edge theories and strategies at conferences like TOPO, Dreamforce, and SiriusDecisions. Why is there such an aversion to sending employees to these training opportunities? This company has ethically concerning behavior. HR violations are plenty. Anyone with a few years of work experience knows that HR teams protect the firm, first and foremost. But, they do this by protecting the employees. This HR team is definitely not doing that. If they were, some of those senior managers would not still be there. That is all I will say on that. The grind mentality and the nepotism are unfortunately intertwined with the very real career inexperience in the leadership team. For many of the most senior employees, DiscoverOrg is their first job out of college. Once upon a time it was a start-up. But, like every start-up that survives long enough there needs to be a pivot into maturity. This could be happening with the Zoominfo acquisition and rebranding, especially if their leadership team becomes the more dominant strategic force. Occasionally they hire outside experts, true top talent. However, after just over a year these professionals leave. Why? It's due to the insular echo chamber nature of decision making. DiscoverOrg lucks its way into best practices, rather than plans for them strategically. However, if presented with a best practice, there is an unwillingness to pivot, as "DiscoverOrg knows best." The entire leadership team acted the role of leaders in the tech space, but when it came to listening to some of the most brilliant minds in data and software architecture it always seemed the lawyers knew best. Do not buy into the equity conversation. DiscoverOrg's first approach to keeping valued employees who find new opportunities is to "promise future growth." They will keep the conversation vague, literally talking about the company's revenue growth rather than the individual. The next play is to offer equity. Equity is has been dangled over more colleagues than I can count. It's all on the promise of a future payout. It's unlikely that the firm is going to go public. Do not plan your life around that equity payout.

15 people found this review helpful

DiscoverOrg Response

Manager of Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at DiscoverOrg. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our “phenomenal” product and “brightest minds” and could not agree more. We pride ourselves on hiring the most innovative and driven employees in the industry. Working for a company experiencing the extraordinary growth we are, can definitely be tough – and is not for everyone. Work/life balance is important, and we have accelerating our hiring to support that growth, last month alone we hired over 70 new employees. As we bring in new people across the business, we are proud of the fact that it allows us to promote many current employees into new opportunities with broader responsibility. Regarding DiscoverOrg being a “family company”, it is a family company in the sense that family doesn’t let family fail. We love that about this company. Personally speaking, from my very first day, I felt I had people rooting for me to succeed and helping me along my journey, just as a family would. I believe this is part of the reason candidates are attracted to ZoomInfo and it is embedded in our culture. And as part of our DiscoverOrg family, we wish you all the best in your new endeavors.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Job I've Ever Had

Oct 24, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's now ZoomInfo, but I started when it was DiscoverOrg. I gotta say my favorite part of working here is the culture. Every person here knows how to grind, and we're expected to. I'm incredibly fulfilled in my role and excited to be working for a company growing this fast. I moved around a few times before finding the position I fit best in (worked as a CDR, then Account Manager, and now a CSM), and it's seriously the best fit for me. I don't feel like my opinions need to be kept to myself, and the culture of the sales team is to ask as many questions as you can so we can all get better together. Never had a person respond to a question I've asked with anything other than a desire to help. Training is wonderful - even if you have never worked for a SaaS company, it's comprehensive and you know more than customers after the first 2 weeks.

Cons

The environment here can get negative, especially when it comes to big change. Because the company is growing quickly, we have a lot change - the comp plan was restructured mid-year and a lot of people got angry about it. You have to be comfortable with not knowing everything sometimes - decisions can be made last-minute and don't have a ton of lead-in all the time.

DiscoverOrg Response

Manager of Employee Experience

The culture at DiscoverOrg/ZoomInfo is one of a kind. We're glad you're taking advantage of the great training we offer, and appreciate you sticking with us through our company's evolution. We look forward to sharing more successes in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 207 Reviews

DiscoverOrg Reviews FAQs

DiscoverOrg has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 209 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at DiscoverOrg to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DiscoverOrg employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DiscoverOrg. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

84% of DiscoverOrg employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DiscoverOrg 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DiscoverOrg to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with DiscoverOrg Job Seekers