ERRG Reviews | Glassdoor

ERRG Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.3
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Pros

Great hustle and attention to details of project management.

Cons

Not the best in company wide communication.

Advice to Management

Communicate & educate.

2. "Excellent company"

I worked at ERRG full-time

Pros

Great people from top to bottom; well run company. A very pleasant place to work. I really enjoyed my time there.

Cons

I don't know of any cons.

Jan 31, 2017 – President/CEO

Thank you for the review! It is always nice to hear positive feedback about ERRG staff. I know what a great group of people were have here and it is nice when they are recognized.

"review"

I worked at ERRG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

small company - locations - IT dept great -

Cons

management - benefits - payment of invoices

Feb 6, 2017 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback both positive and negative. Our IT department plays a vital function in our day-to-day operations and recognition that they are performing well is important to me. We... More

"A company that is not Veteran friendly"

Former Employee - UXO Technician in Fort Irwin, CA
    Former Employee - UXO Technician in Fort Irwin, CA

Pros

Company logo looks kinda interesting.

Cons

This company has fired at least 10 veterans at the Ft Irwin site in the past year. Nepotism is in fashion. Too many related people are managing the site. Company Policy 105 from the Employee Handbook is not enforced. Firings are frequent. Anyone with experience and team spirit is no longer employed. Leadership is non-existent. Good place to work if you like continual threats or just like poor treatment.

Advice to Management

Very simple - find people with more field knowledge and leadership skills to manage and control your Ft Irwin site. The UXO field is dangerous. Do not allow incompetent people run your operations.

Nov 1, 2016 – President/CEO

Thanks for your review (and nice comment about our logo!). ERRG is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, including those with military and veteran... More

"Nepotism is the best way to describe it"

Pros

Other than meeting some amazing hard working individuals, I have learned what makes a company good and bad. Learned to spot issues with management.

Cons

Nepotism is a huge issue at this company, ERRG seemed pretty promising at the start of the contract. They had issue after issue it seemed like and went down hill pretty quick. If you work there just keep quiet and lay low to avoid getting backstabbed or fired at will.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at who is the real issue, Its not the workers.

Oct 18, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We value and consider all feedback and we are always striving for continual improvement.

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with your fellow co-workers... More

"Great work environment"

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. Everyone is very nice and always willing to help. The work is always interesting and management is never overbearing.

Cons

Probably a good idea to create a better training program for new employees other than just letting them fend for themselves, even if it is an effective way to learn the work.

Jul 18, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback! As a veteran in the industry and a long-term employee, I admit that I am not involved with our onboarding and integration practices from the perspective from the new... More

7. "Environmenta; Engineer"

Former Employee - Region Health & Safety Supervisor in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Region Health & Safety Supervisor in Martinez, CA

I worked at ERRG (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place and people to work for

Cons

have no cons during my employment

Apr 12, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear from staff that worked at ERRG but have since moved on. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated – I never get tired of approval. I agree that we... More

"Environmental Remediation."

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Martinez, CA

Pros

Good hands on experience with environmental remediation. Regional management and supervisors are helpful and interested in advancing your career.

Cons

Growing pains as the company continues to expand and update company processes.

Apr 21, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to hear your positive feedback about our regional managers and supervisors and that you gained valuable experience while working with us. Our regional... More

"Not the industry for me"

Pros

There are some really great, smart, hard working people at this company.

Cons

Ability to grow and variety of projects was limited.

"Good place to work and opportunities"

I have been working at ERRG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had a positive experience working at ERRG. I've been exposed to a wide amount tasks that are either technical, construction, remediation, or management related. Compared to colleges at large businesses, I find I'm exposed to a wide number tasks each day so it's not redundant or boring. Some people complain they have to do too much management support (like procurement, financial tracking, etc.) . The more in touch you are with the day-to-day processes the easier it is to add value to the overall process.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity to do a wide variety of work and to move up for most staff. Because it is a small company advancement for senior staff appears limited. It seems like the company has lost and might lose strong senior staff unless the company is better about showing the path for them to advance/grow. Also, it does seem like there is a bit too much favoritisms with some staff that have been with the company a long time.

Advice to Management

Work on sending a consistent message to the staff in the company, work cohesively as a team, and support your senior management/regional managers. Try not to let your own personal experiences with individuals influence your decisions too much.

Jul 6, 2015 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear from staff that have been with ERRG for several years and very appreciative for the positive feedback. We agree that senior staff may need more... More