KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ERRG Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2022

Found 47 of over 56 reviews

3.7
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E. (no image)
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Valued at ERRG

Jun 20, 2022 - Geologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive career development Competitive salary Direct communication with management

Cons

Need more staff to spread out workload

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good Company to work for

Apr 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with good people (its got a family feel) with good benefits and competitive pay.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company led by good honest owners

Oct 15, 2021 - Chief Financial Officer in Martinez, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honest and hard working management/owners.

Cons

The environmental remediation industry is highly competitive with slim margins. Customers are always looking to save money.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

good company, but they'll work you hard

Sep 9, 2021 - Senior Project Geologist in Martinez, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always keep you busy. Relatively flexible on hours/day. Good people work here and relatively easy to approach partners/executive level people.

Cons

Not all that flexible on working remotely - especially considering the recent Covid issues. Could be better at keeping junior staff feeling appreciated.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Personnel

Aug 7, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Junior personnel were all in same positions and therefore learned from each otherversus formal training.

Cons

Company is concerned with profit and not people. Personnel are expendable and always looking for the replacement to the burned out employee.

2 people found this review helpful

President/CEO

Thank you for your review. While I am disappointed to hear about your experience, I’m glad to have the opportunity to respond and reflect on your feedback. First, I want every member of the ERRG team to feel valued and appreciated. The goal of our company culture team is promoting employee recognition through company sponsored programs and events. ERRG wants to recognize and celebrate the contributions of its team members. Second, I agree with you that junior level staff benefit from formal training but I think training and mentorship can go beyond formal training and we rely heavily on the employee-supervisor relationship and routine interaction during project execution. We firmly believe that our employees learn and grow best in an interactive, experiential environment with their peers. We will share your feedback with our team of dedicated managers and brainstorm more formal ways for improvement.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Average Environmental Firm

Jul 9, 2021 - Staff Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has multiple office locations along the west coast. A medium-size firm. Company have enough projects/cash flow that can survive in the Covid period without lay off any employees. ERRG has many environmental construction projects. The team that I worked with was a small group; everyone was nice to you.

Cons

Except the headquarter, you cannot choose to work on projects that you are interested in, instead that you can only work on the project they have. Some position lack the space for career development.

7. 5.0

HR was great!

Apr 9, 2021 - Recruiter in Martinez, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onboarding was a breeze, Sarah and Cristina answered all of my questions. Negotiable during the offer stage, flexible for PTO.

Cons

So far none to report

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place for first job

Jan 15, 2021 - Staff Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work experience, co-workers, environment.

Cons

They pay is really low especially for being in San Francisco

President/CEO

Thanks for your review! I agree with you that we offer junior-level professionals an exciting, challenging career opportunity. They get to work on a variety of interesting environmental projects while being mentored by our senior staff. In response to your feedback about compensation, pay is determined by the market space and, while we are a smaller firm, we evaluate our compensation program regularly and strive to offer competitive salaries to our employees in each area/region.

9. 3.0

Nov 20, 2020 - Project Scientist II in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit, good crews overall.

Cons

Not competitive in terms of salary or pay.

President/CEO

Thank you for the review. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about ERRG staff. We are lucky to have a great group of people who are passionate about what they do and work collaboratively to bring out the best in each other and make each of our projects a success! Addressing your feedback about compensation, it is determined by the market space and we are uniquely positioned between environmental construction and consulting. As a result, compensation is typically lower than consulting and higher than construction. We evaluate our compensation through a compensation committee and regularly perform reviews of our compensation program. Ultimately compensation is driven by the market space. An individual’s compensation is based upon several factors, including the billable rate and utilization they command from our clients. Thank you again for your feedback.

10. 5.0

Friendly Staff, Interesting work

Jan 31, 2020 - Staff Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get a lot of experience working in a variety of projects. The older tech staff and management are always willing to help.

Cons

The pay isn't as competitive.

President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I agree with you that our employees get to work on a variety of exciting projects while learning from our exemplary senior staff. Both of these really benefit our junior-level professionals and set them on a career path for long-term success. With regard to compensation, ERRG is committed to consistent pay practices and offering competitive salaries within our labor market. While we are a smaller firm, we understand the importance of providing competitive, fair pay in order to retain top-tier talent so we can maintain the company’s high level of quality, success and growth.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews
</>Embed

ERRG Reviews FAQs

ERRG has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at ERRG to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ERRG employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ERRG. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

78% of ERRG employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ERRG 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ERRG to be management, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, benefits.

Popular Careers with ERRG Job Seekers