ERRG Reviews

Updated May 25, 2020

3.6
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E. (no image)
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.
  1. "Great On-boarding!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Geologist in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Great and timely responses *Well planned out process for training and orientations *Very transparent company

Cons

*Not a one so far!!

ERRG2020-01-31

February 6, 2020President/CEO

Thanks for your review! I am happy to hear that your first impression of ERRG was so positive. We understand the importance of a strong onboarding program that welcomes new staff, makes them feel valued and supported, and integrates them into the ERRG team from day one. As a result, our onboarding program helps build and perpetuate high-performing teams and leads to sustained, organization-wide success.

2. "Excellent opportunities for experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Geologist

I worked at ERRG full-time

Pros

Ambitious types will absolutely gain relevant, hands-on experience in a relatively short amount of time. Opportunities for growth are plenty, and interesting project work keeps coming from capable PMs

Cons

Feast or famine workloads (typical of environmental consulting). Salaries are significantly below industry average.

ERRG2020-05-26
  3. "Friendly Staff, Interesting work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

You will get a lot of experience working in a variety of projects. The older tech staff and management are always willing to help.

Cons

The pay isn't as competitive.

ERRG2020-01-31

February 6, 2020President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I agree with you that our employees get to work on a variety of exciting projects while learning from our exemplary senior staff. Both of these really benefit our junior-level professionals and set them on a career path for long-term success. With regard to compensation, ERRG is committed to consistent pay practices and offering competitive salaries within our labor market. While we are a smaller firm, we understand the importance of providing competitive, fair pay in order to retain top-tier talent so we can maintain the company’s high level of quality, success and growth.

"Good people, pay not competitive"

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good people to work with -Flexible

Cons

-they say they are competitive in pay but they aren't. People get their experience in and then leave - not many perks, i guess because its a small company

ERRG2019-09-25

September 30, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I agree with you that ERRG has a wonderful group of hard-working, dedicated, and enthusiastic team members. Everyone from our technical staff to our field crews contribute to our company’s success and are truly the reason for our high client satisfaction. With regard to compensation, ERRG is committed to consistent pay practices and offering competitive salaries within our labor market. In the last year, ERRG reviewed its compensation plan and rolled out a new pay structure for all of its positions. While we are a smaller firm, we understand the importance of providing competitive, fair pay in order to retain top-tier talent so we can maintain the company’s high level of quality, success and growth.

"ERRG"

1.0
    Former Employee - Geologist

I worked at ERRG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None, None None None None

Cons

Distrust, micromanagement, about the bottom line, set up for failure

ERRG2019-07-22

September 18, 2019President/CEO

Thank you for your review. As a member of the ERRG team for several years, I hope you found value in the role you played and the accomplishments achieved during your tenure with the company. I am truly disappointed to hear your feedback because it is exactly the opposite of the company culture we try to build every day. We encourage all of our employees to seek out avenues to resolve issues, not the least of which is coming to me to fix issues. I respect your viewpoint and will use this feedback to reinforce our policy of engaging our employees in seeking ways to continually improve communication. At the foundation of any successful working relationship is trust, honesty, and openness. Our whole team is encouraged to execute their job with these core values in mind.

6. "Good starter company"

Former Employee - Staff Geologist

I worked at ERRG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, decent pay, fun projects

Cons

Poor communication of expectations from management, little variation in weekly duties, very few outside of work fun opportunities

ERRG2019-05-15

September 18, 2019President/CEO

Thanks for the review. I love to hear from employees about the fun they had learning and growing at ERRG. I agree with you that our employees get to work on a variety of exciting projects while maintaining a work-life balance. Work hard, play hard – that’s what I always say! Addressing your feedback about communication, I recognize the importance of on-going communication between supervisors and employees when it comes to job performance and expectations. In addition to periodic performance reviews, our managers are encouraged to maintain a constant dialogue of informal, open communication with their staff. Our employees deserve clear, consistent feedback about goal-setting and performance expectations. I will personally raise this concern with our management team.

"A good company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good team work between your co-workers. Everyone works together to get the job done, while looking out for each others safety.

Cons

There is poor communication between supervisor's, and foreman. Resulting in things and people falling through the cracks, which gets blamed on lower positioned people.

"Company on the Rise"

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

Company is Phoenix on the rise. Hopefully the positive trends continue. Very relaxed atmosphere. If you do good work you will be respected.

Cons

No bells and whistles - Not many gatherings or scenarios to get to know your co-workers. Limits collaboration and teamwork. There are Pot Lucks, but doesn't quite cut it. No 401K match Appear to be light on benefits for EEs

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've only been here 3 years but have had the opportunity to work with leadership, back office, front office, scientists, engineers and folks in the field. I can honestly say that there are lots of good professional people here. I spend most of my waking hours here than with my family during the weekdays so the work environment is super important to me. I would have moved on if this wasn't a great place to work. Love you guys!

Cons

I'm hoping some of the benefits that were discontinued can come back soon.

ERRG2019-01-19

"Environmental Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good and knowledgeable people in the construction and environmental field.

Cons

Communication at times between office and construction staff.

Found 37 reviews