ERRG Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 30, 2017

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

1. "Environmenta; Engineer"

Former Employee - Region Health & Safety Supervisor in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Region Health & Safety Supervisor in Martinez, CA

I worked at ERRG (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place and people to work for

Cons

have no cons during my employment

Apr 12, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear from staff that worked at ERRG but have since moved on. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated – I never get tired of approval. I agree that we ... More

"A company that is not Veteran friendly"

Former Employee - UXO Technician in Fort Irwin, CA
    Former Employee - UXO Technician in Fort Irwin, CA

Pros

Company logo looks kinda interesting.

Cons

This company has fired at least 10 veterans at the Ft Irwin site in the past year. Nepotism is in fashion. Too many related people are managing the site. Company Policy 105 from the Employee Handbook is not enforced. Firings are frequent. Anyone with experience and team spirit is no longer employed. Leadership is non-existent. Good place to work if you like continual threats or just like poor treatment.

Advice to Management

Very simple - find people with more field knowledge and leadership skills to manage and control your Ft Irwin site. The UXO field is dangerous. Do not allow incompetent people run your operations.

Nov 1, 2016 – President/CEO

Thanks for your review (and nice comment about our logo!). ERRG is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, including those with military and veteran ... More

3. "Environmental Remediation."

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Martinez, CA

Pros

Good hands on experience with environmental remediation. Regional management and supervisors are helpful and interested in advancing your career.

Cons

Growing pains as the company continues to expand and update company processes.

Apr 21, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to hear your positive feedback about our regional managers and supervisors and that you gained valuable experience while working with us. Our regional ... More

"A Solid Small Buisiness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ERRG provides a positive and challenging environment to grow your career. There is the corporate support to allow you to succeed without being micromanaged. The company has real safety and quality control programs that work and are not just for show. Coming from another small company I was amazed at how well the company is run and what great work they do. I have had a great experience so for and hope it continues for the foreseeable future.

Cons

The communication between the corporate office and regional offices could improve. The compensation and benefits would probably be better at a larger company.

Jul 2, 2015 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear positive feedback from staff about growth opportunity and the strength of our safety culture. ERRG takes safety very seriously. We want all of our ... More

6. "High Energy Company; Good People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company provides a high degree of autonomy and opportunity for growth at every level. Very supportive of ideas outside the box. If you are self-motivated and can show you can get the job done no one will micro manage you. Office environment is friendly, cooperative, and sometimes intense (deadline driven).

Cons

Small company with few corporate resources (do everything yourself from procurement to xeroxing).

Advice to Management

Work on consistent, clear communication. Sometimes there are too many/mixed messages coming from the ownership group.

Jul 2, 2015 – President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I am happy to hear that ERRG fosters an environment where you can grow and be a creative, independent thinker. I value and consider all feedback and at ERRG we’ll continue to ... More

"Great at first! Then a slow decline into"

Former Employee - Assistant Project "" in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Project "" in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ERRG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depends on the person in charge of you when you work there. I was lucky enough to get 2 great bosses in a row and I was thrown into the deep end almost immediately . One took the heat for me when I made a mistake and the other was very knowledgeable. Extremely nice co-workers and like the other person said the employees are very much in cliques. Luckily, I started before these cliques were formed so I was on the in crowd. I have no idea if this is still the case but I got to visit gorgeous places, do interesting work, be thrown

Cons

Their is a ceiling at which unless you dedicate your life to ERRG you will stop advancing. This happened to me. I decided to switch over to the construction based side of the project work and it was a giant mistake because I had autonomy before and now I had multiple bosses.I found myself at the bottom of the totem pole again and given projects that others had messed up. For example, I was given a project that was impossible to turn around and make a profit from, let alone minimize losses. The work hadn't even started and we had spent almost all our money. I began to get stressed out b/c the day was never over. If a gust of wind blew the tarp off a pile of soil I had to hop in my car and go cover it.

One time when the fence blew over due to a poor job by a new laborer setting it up. I was called and asked to go to the Presidio and pick it back up. I was honest and said I'm out with my friends at a bar. I told them, "I can't go to the site now. I've had a few too many." This was the beginning of the "he isn't a team player BS".

As I began to work more on the construction side, my favorite groundwater projects were taken away and I began to run out of work to do. It was a HUGE mistake on my part. Also, the amount of trash talking about other employees that occurs within the company is not right. I can only imagine what they said about me. One mistake and they will tell stories about the time that person made a mistake FOREVER. It gets old very fast hearing the same stories over and over again about that time.....

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If an owner or senior manager is coming on site and slowing down a project then he probably is. There is no advantage of lying about this for the employee. Its their boss. The rumor mill was true and a senior employee was doing things unbecoming of a senior employee. Set an appropriate example for the rest of the work force.

8. "ERRG provides good career development in any position"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Pros

The people, local, ability to grow quickly in any profession and have a greater impact on what you accomplish that you can not have at larger companies.

Cons

Lacks formal strategic planning, although general direction the company is heading is known. Company has experienced some growing pains due to fast growth in the past 3 years.

Advice to Management

Develop strategy for the company and communicate from the top down.

9. "Excellent company"

I worked at ERRG full-time

Pros

Great people from top to bottom; well run company. A very pleasant place to work. I really enjoyed my time there.

Cons

I don't know of any cons.

Jan 31, 2017 – President/CEO

Thank you for the review! It is always nice to hear positive feedback about ERRG staff. I know what a great group of people were have here and it is nice when they are recognized.

10. "review"

I worked at ERRG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

small company - locations - IT dept great -

Cons

management - benefits - payment of invoices

Feb 6, 2017 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback both positive and negative. Our IT department plays a vital function in our day-to-day operations and recognition that they are performing well is important to me. We ... More

"Nepotism is the best way to describe it"

Pros

Other than meeting some amazing hard working individuals, I have learned what makes a company good and bad. Learned to spot issues with management.

Cons

Nepotism is a huge issue at this company, ERRG seemed pretty promising at the start of the contract. They had issue after issue it seemed like and went down hill pretty quick. If you work there just keep quiet and lay low to avoid getting backstabbed or fired at will.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at who is the real issue, Its not the workers.

Oct 18, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We value and consider all feedback and we are always striving for continual improvement. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with your fellow co-workers ... More