ERRG Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2021

3.7
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E. (no image)
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.
  1. 5.0

HR was great!

Apr 9, 2021 - Recruiter in Martinez, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onboarding was a breeze, Sarah and Cristina answered all of my questions. Negotiable during the offer stage, flexible for PTO.

Cons

So far none to report

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place for first job

Jan 15, 2021 - Staff Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work experience, co-workers, environment.

Cons

They pay is really low especially for being in San Francisco

President/CEO

Thanks for your review! I agree with you that we offer junior-level professionals an exciting, challenging career opportunity. They get to work on a variety of interesting environmental projects while being mentored by our senior staff. In response to your feedback about compensation, pay is determined by the market space and, while we are a smaller firm, we evaluate our compensation program regularly and strive to offer competitive salaries to our employees in each area/region.

3. 3.0

ERRG

Nov 20, 2020 - Project Scientist II in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit, good crews overall.

Cons

Not competitive in terms of salary or pay.

President/CEO

Thank you for the review. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about ERRG staff. We are lucky to have a great group of people who are passionate about what they do and work collaboratively to bring out the best in each other and make each of our projects a success! Addressing your feedback about compensation, it is determined by the market space and we are uniquely positioned between environmental construction and consulting. As a result, compensation is typically lower than consulting and higher than construction. We evaluate our compensation through a compensation committee and regularly perform reviews of our compensation program. Ultimately compensation is driven by the market space. An individual’s compensation is based upon several factors, including the billable rate and utilization they command from our clients. Thank you again for your feedback.

4. 5.0

Friendly Staff, Interesting work

Jan 31, 2020 - Staff Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get a lot of experience working in a variety of projects. The older tech staff and management are always willing to help.

Cons

The pay isn't as competitive.

President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I agree with you that our employees get to work on a variety of exciting projects while learning from our exemplary senior staff. Both of these really benefit our junior-level professionals and set them on a career path for long-term success. With regard to compensation, ERRG is committed to consistent pay practices and offering competitive salaries within our labor market. While we are a smaller firm, we understand the importance of providing competitive, fair pay in order to retain top-tier talent so we can maintain the company’s high level of quality, success and growth.

5. 5.0

Great On-boarding!!

Jan 31, 2020 - Project Geologist in Martinez, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great and timely responses *Well planned out process for training and orientations *Very transparent company

Cons

*Not a one so far!!

President/CEO

Thanks for your review! I am happy to hear that your first impression of ERRG was so positive. We understand the importance of a strong onboarding program that welcomes new staff, makes them feel valued and supported, and integrates them into the ERRG team from day one. As a result, our onboarding program helps build and perpetuate high-performing teams and leads to sustained, organization-wide success.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work!

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've only been here 3 years but have had the opportunity to work with leadership, back office, front office, scientists, engineers and folks in the field. I can honestly say that there are lots of good professional people here. I spend most of my waking hours here than with my family during the weekdays so the work environment is super important to me. I would have moved on if this wasn't a great place to work. Love you guys!

Cons

I'm hoping some of the benefits that were discontinued can come back soon.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, pay not competitive

Sep 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good people to work with -Flexible

Cons

-they say they are competitive in pay but they aren't. People get their experience in and then leave - not many perks, i guess because its a small company

President/CEO

Thanks for your review. I agree with you that ERRG has a wonderful group of hard-working, dedicated, and enthusiastic team members. Everyone from our technical staff to our field crews contribute to our company’s success and are truly the reason for our high client satisfaction. With regard to compensation, ERRG is committed to consistent pay practices and offering competitive salaries within our labor market. In the last year, ERRG reviewed its compensation plan and rolled out a new pay structure for all of its positions. While we are a smaller firm, we understand the importance of providing competitive, fair pay in order to retain top-tier talent so we can maintain the company’s high level of quality, success and growth.

8. 5.0

Keep it up

Dec 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 20+ year old company that has all their sh*t together... very professional and have many employees who have worked with the company for over 10 years. Nowadays, it is not common to see so many people stay at a company for over 5 years, ERRG is different, it knows how to treat their employees right and keep them - Great work environment where you are not micromanaged and are trusted to do your job. The management trusts who they hire and will be vocal if there is an issue. For the most part, employees are extremely trusted. I have never experienced this in my professional career and treated with the respect that I do here. They let you work at your own pace and allow you to jump between tasks, as long as your deadlines are met - Multiple offices (Martinez, SF, Redmond, SoCal, Hawaii) not all packed into one location, so it creates a close-knit feeling of a small company but the benefits of a larger one with better pay, benefits, etc. that a small company may not have. Also more developed after 20+ years in business - Just the right sized company where it is not massive to where you feel lost and like a cog in the machine, but not too small where you know everyone. You can make a difference here and management/executives are willing to listen to lower employees - A very open company where even lower employees can be "in-the-know" about the company's financial situation or any major projects that are in the works. You feel respected because you are not an "outsider" from the executives, they are very involved with lower-level employees. This is experienced through at the "All-Hands Meeting" every year - Easy to ask for help, there are so many people willing to help who are just a phone call away - Annual reviews are very thorough to help you improve and praise what has been done well - Deeply caring employees and management - An amazing HR team who helps employees receive the best benefits - Very hard working employees... shout out to all our regional managers, executives, and engineers!

Cons

- A lot of management and engineers seems overworked - Intimidated by the extremely knowledgeable people who work here (especially all the engineers!)

2 people found this review helpful

President/CEO

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I agree with your impression that we are running at top speed and appear to be a bit overworked. The good news is that we are always looking for more individuals like yourself to help lighten the load and get firsthand experience at challenging and complex environmental construction projects. Our very loyal client base has us constantly expanding our service lines because our problem-solving team is knowledgeable, dedicated, and creative. I can assure you that we are always trying to distribute the workload more evenly and recruit and develop talent in-house. If you know anyone that you think is a good fit, please send them our way!

9. 4.0

Company on the Rise

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is Phoenix on the rise. Hopefully the positive trends continue. Very relaxed atmosphere. If you do good work you will be respected.

Cons

No bells and whistles - Not many gatherings or scenarios to get to know your co-workers. Limits collaboration and teamwork. There are Pot Lucks, but doesn't quite cut it. No 401K match Appear to be light on benefits for EEs

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A good company to work for.

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team work between your co-workers. Everyone works together to get the job done, while looking out for each others safety.

Cons

There is poor communication between supervisor's, and foreman. Resulting in things and people falling through the cracks, which gets blamed on lower positioned people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews