ESIT Advanced Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Really good"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Many customers to influence, so it's a great oppertinuty

Cons

Big company - big challanges

2. "Great people, not so great communication"

I have been working at ESIT Advanced Solutions full-time

Pros

-Location is outside of downtown core and situated near parks.
    -The people (managers, employees, contractors) are great to work with
    -Great extended health benefits

Cons

-Parent company has lots of red tape - it takes a long time to get approvals for anything
    -Communication from the top is lacking. New processes are implemented but not fully communicated or explained.
    -Systems and equipment are outdated. Heavy reliance on Excel to do reporting

Advice to Management

This organization needs to do better job of communicating information

3. "ESIT Advanced/RSBC Call Center Review"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at ESIT Advanced Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Super easy job aside from the odd disgruntled client.
    * Great pay for an easy job.

Cons

* People with no leadership skills are promoted to mid/management roles.
    * Ridiculously childish and negative corporate culture; lots of speculation and negative gossip about peers, which leadership team takes part in.
    * Archaic training materials.
    * No support or mentoring after training.
    * The team leads default to suspicion, e.g. rather than assuming one isn't taking PAD calls because they don't have a hard phone, they will suspect the employee is slacking off, and get "b" face ready to go.

Advice to Management

Start looking for a track record of leadership and actually call the references of people trying to move from customer support to leadership positions. Just because a person kills it on their phone stats, does not mean they will be a good leader, trainer, etc. Promotion should be an interview process all over again and should include calling former leadership references.

"People leave managers, not companies". Look to where you're losing people and give those managers some intensive offsite professional leadership training with follow up from their managers (who may need some retraining as well). Or get rid of them and hire people who have actually held a team lead or management role for over a year previously and still have good, verifiable, references available, preferably from the company itself's records showing they left on good terms. There's no way some of that mid-management staff went through this. Being promoted to a higher position needs to be a more rigorous process than it is now.

Overhaul your training package. There are computers in the training room, develop a module based system with repeatable quizzes at the end. It's 2018, having someone read off of a projector is archaic. Training can and should be more dynamic when you're calling yourself "Advanced Solutions".

But mainly, you've got to work on your mid-management, good people will continue to jump ship otherwise. The job is easy, the pay is great, focus on fixing training at all levels. People in team lead positions there desperately need training in both leadership and professionalism.

4. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at ESIT Advanced Solutions full-time

Pros

Well managed environment in general

Cons

Office politics sucks, could be better...

Advice to Management

Don't hire straight out of High School types...

5. "Such a challenging, painful experience"

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Pros

When the previous contract ejected us, it was a lifeboat; even if they were proud of their plans to - really - 'assimilate' us. Despite the dank office, some aggression rumours about a few managers and some people left hanging on their worst day ever. If you could watch your back and avoid the supah, it was an okay day.

Cons

I found the upper management completely unwilling to understand if a valid problem #8 existed down over the edge of the worksite, but they rarely breezed in for an experience. We all know someone: ask your friends what the environment did to the sly staff, how often we tried to explain to the bouncer the musical problems, and some days how little effect it all seemed to have. We really felt there was an accessibility problem between the basement staff and tower people.

Advice to Management

Now you've been sold again; some of you for the third time. I can't expect much has changed, but a focus on the people as people would go such a long way to improving the stress level and environment for your staff. I hope to one day find things are excellent, and I can wait a while if need be.

"Worst I've encountered"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at ESIT Advanced Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Literally, NONE. I can't even make anything up that would be other than a lie.

Cons

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Entire PMO run through MS EXCEL. No kidding. They even do their quoting development and management through Excel. Ridiculous reliance on this and an expectation that everyone can do complex Excel functions and formulas in order to make this all work.

The business stream I was hired for fired FOUR (including myself) senior project/program management personnel (each with over 10+ years successful experience) in the span of under 6 months!

Hiring manager specifically told my recruiter how much they loved my sense of humor. 2 weeks after starting I was told to utterly can my humor! And my termination stated that I was being terminated for violating a policy that I had an email from the chief of staff that forgave it since it was an oversight on my part from when I had first started!

Then, they refused to pay severance fee as they claim it was "for cause"! Then, they also refused to pay for extra hours I worked trying to fix what had been done previously in that ridiculously complex and convoluted Excel-based reporting!

Management completely without scruples.

Advice to Management

Quit screwing people over for YOUR failings.

7. "Thank you"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at ESIT Advanced Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

. Environment, office is nice, lots of very smart and inteligent people.

Cons

Union is too strong and periodically try to block the management from making required decesions.

Advice to Management

Do not let the Union ruin a place like this.

"Senior Management Dysfunctional"

Former Employee - Director in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Director in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at ESIT Advanced Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, unionized workers are more or less insulated from the dysfunction at the higher levels. Larger support team.

Cons

No work life balance at the management level, leaders not competent, high turnover

Advice to Management

Don't hire former government staff