Ecommerce Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Fathi Said

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Relaxed tech company with great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have relaxed dress code, free soda fountain and coffee bar, frequent catered meals, and a management team that cares about both their employees and customers. We've also been recognized locally for our annual charity drive.

Cons

Sometimes I work some long hours

Advice to Management

thanks for looking out :)

2. "Sales department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

I worked at Ecommerce (More than a year)

Pros

Fair comp for work required. Decent people. CEO was completely hands-off. He had to sell as he was not willing to manage a facility or staff. Smart guy, admirable accomplishments, 0 management skills.

Cons

Those left are either dedicated or disillusioned. Lots of turnover, meaningless jobs as all will be terminated as soon as the assimilation with EIG progresses.

Advice to Management

Thanks, good luck.

"Down hill quick"

Former Employee - Sales in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Hilliard, OH

I worked at Ecommerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ecommerce can be slightly hard to review. I was here for quite some time and went through great and horrible experiences here. Great place to get your foot into a professional/business position and if you put your mind to it you can learn a lot. Catered food 1-4xs a month depending on holidays birthdays that month etc. Alcohol every few months. Monthly sales competition prizes arent bad. Depending if you conform to what the company thinks is poltically and ethically correct theyll become a decent support team for you and help you if or when needed. If you dont fit or agree with the veiws of upper management best to not create waves. There are a lot of good people that are enjoyable to be around especially at the "associate" level. Job is fairly easy. Pay is well for a beginning sales job but youll quickly be able to obtain a higher rate of pay by moving to another company when you do outgrow your position in 6-12 months.

Cons

Youll quickly out grow your position within 6 months to a year and afterwards theres literally no where to go. Once you reach a seniority status magic polices that no one knew existed and write ups start to appear. Instead of fixing company issues and retaining customers they just hound and mirco manage employees while running both employees and customers off. Instead of coaching and encouraging employees theyll passively aggressively threaten your job. Again with the policies they are "forever" changing in their benefit and never addressed as a team but yet you find out something was or became a policy when it was convinient to write you up for it. Half of the time no one knows what the policies are. The department head, manager, supervisor, and hr will all have different versions or explinations until they have time to pow wow which is basically a meeting about how they want to enforce it upon you to get their best outcome. Even if you prove your own processes or ideas are more productive than current processes youll be told they are a waste of tim and be told youre not aloud to use them let alone share with the rest of the team. Besides management there are almost no longterm employees left. Benefits are expensive but they are available. The employees and company all seem to be in maintenance mode which does not make for a productive sales department.

Advice to Management

Sales needs new marketing and real support obtaining new clientele or numbers need adjusted to something realistic so employees are not constantly under fire. What was once a great and productive job is now extremely toxic. Even if you cant make Ecommerce what it was at least make it pleasant.

Ecommerce Response

Feb 27, 2017 – COO

While we appreciate feedback of all kinds, some of the feedback here is not accurate. Policies are clearly written in the employee handbook and none have changed in years, except for one recent... More

4. "Advance Support"

Former Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Columbus, OH

I worked at Ecommerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, mostly great people to work with. Make you feel very welcomed when you first start. Free fountain pop, and coffee. They also have decent pay, PTO, vacation, holidays, and often catering for lunch.

Cons

Management seemed to be sneeky at times. Some customers were very difficult. The need to escalate situations because of being restricted from doing tasks didn't help with angry customers.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees and customers. Last minute notice on changes make people uneasy especially when they are big changes.

"Over rated low-paying datacenter"

Former Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Hilliard, OH

Pros

Free fountain drinks, Some cool people

Cons

everyone thinks they are more intelligent than they actually are

Advice to Management

Find new employment before you loose your job

6. "A great place to work with amazing people"

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workforce, passion, support of management, environment

Cons

The company has not yet met it's full potential

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Ecommerce Response

Jan 4, 2017 – COO

We love our amazing people!! Thank you for being part of the team!

7. "Foot Soldier"

Current Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ecommerce is a company with a fantastic team, great dedication to the customer and product, and a very good culture among the agents. We spend a lot of our time laughing in-between calls and getting work done, there are a lot of jokes and smiles running around the office.

Cons

From a foot soldier's perspective, management does not like us very much. If one person is letting the team down, the entire team takes the heat for it and we are not told as to why we're being come down on. It's tough sometimes.

Advice to Management

That con I listed above? Please, please, PLEASE stop doing it. When you come down on the entire team for a small group's mistakes, it doesn't endear you to us.

8. "Business Development Rep"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Columbus, OH

Pros

Great place for recent grads to sharpen their sales skill.

Cons

The company does not have a strong Leadership structure.

Advice to Management

Hire seasoned professional to stimulate employee growth, not 24 year old former caterers.

9. "Great place to get your start!"

Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Columbus, OH

Pros

I started here because for the level of experience needed, the pay was great and the work environment even better. Not a whole lot of pressure put on us and the team often hit their numbers

Cons

Raises are almost nonexistent without a significant promotion. Occassionally I felt I was an expense for the company rather than an asset. Support is also located in the Ukraine, Romania, and India.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as an asset and get with industry standards when it comes to pay. Instead of saving employment expenses by outsourcing, bring all of your employees to the US and not have to spend all kinds of money flying everyone out and around back and forth- you'll probably save even more that way!

10. "Great atmosphere, too much micro management and attention to stats vs profit and relations built."

Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at Ecommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the atmosphere, and most everyone in management is more than willing to help you, be flexible with your needs, and constantly push you to achieve. The company is great at rewarding their employees with lunches, and contest in order to win money, prizes, etc.

Cons

For the small team that the company has there are too many managers on the sales side. Many of the manager have GREAT traits that could benefit the company in other roles but instead there are multiple managers mirco managing every number of every employee. Also They are too focused on numbers VS the quality of your activity. Also they said they promote with in but I have seen more out side hiring vs inside promoting since I have been there.

Advice to Management

Along with the model transitions needs to come role transitions. You have the right group of people to make leaps and bounds, they just need the ability and proper positions to shine.