Edifecs Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Edifecs President & CEO Sunny Singh
Sunny Singh

Pros
  • Free snacks, workout center for people that work at HQ (in 15 reviews)

• Excellent work life balance if you are not in engineering or upper mgmt (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and management (in 14 reviews)

• Day to day life there is very anxious- no one ever knows if this is the day they will be fired without cause, berated by "Leadership", etc (in 5 reviews)

1. "Software Engineer Intern"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working environment is good. Many facilities such as gym, massage etc.

Cons

compensation and salary provided is OK.

Advice to Management

Nothing

"The positive reviews are hilarious...please keep reading"

Former Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair salary and benefits are ok

Cons

You better get a drink and snack before reading....this is a really horrible place to be literally soul crushing. The glory days are over. Unfortunately they hire horrible managers and I mean horrible. If you are indian and need to get a stamp on your passport this is a good place. If you lighter skin and are american you won't fit into the culture. HR is hilarious until you let go and then they can't grab your computer and escort you out fast enough. Such a strange and bazaar place. Go anywhere else before taking a job here. I actually liked Sunny and thought he was very respectful of women. And overtime any one writes an accurate honest review they pay someone to write a great review its really funny. So go through the negative reviews and realize we are not there anymore and have no need to lie we are trying to help you from making a life changing mistake.

"Environment, Employee, and Health friendly Conscious Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I came for the interview, the first thing that stayed in my mind was gym, yoga classes and a fitness conscious organization. I am in my 10th month, it is very true. We have a fitness challenge underway and more than 100+ employees participating within United States that include people across remote locations. Awesome tool to engage the employees who are remote though, fitness challenge is very competitive. I have personally started walking at least more than 5 miles a day. Within the facility, plant wall, and electric cars are great examples of Edifecs focus on environment. Organics food, juice machine and happy hours are reflection that organization cares for its people. It is definitely a great place to work

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep the focus to engage employees as always!

"Work-life balance at cost of career & salary growth"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Good work life balance.
    Good vacations.
    Being a B2B company there's less pressure compared to B2C companies.
    Good office, campus and location in US.
    Bonus is not tied to personal performance so less pressure. But this has also lead to an incompetent organization.

Cons

Incompetent, inefficient hires.
    Lot of long timers (10+ years) at every level who do not want to adapt to change.
    Offshore development center does not have good resources.
    Communication within teams
    No strong engineering leadership.
    Nepotism. Lot of hires which are spouses but not necessarily good hires.

Advice to Management

Hire a strong CTO who can drive the adoption of best practices across the company. Right now that's a big hole.

"The Worst!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started out great! Great office space, free snacks, exercise and massage. Thought I had hit the jackpot.

Cons

Then reality sunk in. Petty backstabbing, crazy politics, everyone living in fear of the CEO's wrath. I thought I was back in middle school. I have worked in the high tech industry for 20 years, and I've never seen anything like this place. There are some happy people, sure- they all look alike and bow to the CEO. Day to day life there is very anxious- no one ever knows if this is the day they will be fired without cause, berated by "Leadership", etc. Bonuses are given based on attainment of company goals- set so high that no one is rewarded. They will tell you that "things have changed", and that the bad reviews on Glassdoor are just disgruntled employees. I bought that line, but now regret it. Every so often the company is told to write positive reviews on Glassdoor, and if there is a negative one, they scramble around and try to figure out who wrote it, whether it's a candidate or an employee. Again, it's middle school! I look back on my time at Edifecs and can't believe that I stayed as long as I did- I've never been so unhappy in a job. I liked my teammates, but in the course of a few weeks, everyone either quit or was fired. You don't want to be the last one in the life boat! Any awards won ("Best Place to Work" or "CEO of the Year") are bought and paid for by the marketing machine. If your only goal is to kyak to work, then this may be your employer.

Advice to Management

There is absolutely no point.

"Standards Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn new EDI standards used globally in all industries.

Cons

The CEO was condescending to women. It was a hostile environment for women.

Advice to Management

Hire HR managers and managers who will not allow a hostile work environment towards anyone.

"Anonymous"

Pros

5 weeks of PTO. Excellent work life balance if you are not in engineering or upper mgmt. The office is centrally located in Bellevue, and is state of the art. There is a personal trainer, "healthy" snacks for free, new gym, yoga room.

Cons

All the cons are rooted deeply in the management of the people, company and overall culture. There is not much diversity, and the company is very cliquish. If you are not Eastern European or Indian, no one really talks to you, and its hard to get to know anyone because everyone talks in another language to each other. There are no women in management within the company, which is very sad to see. It is very much a old boys club. There is no room for growth within the company except within the engineering and product teams. All other depts. will hire from externally first. Even if you get glowing reviews. The CEO changes gears a lot, and is difficult to work with. He often gets hyper focused on things that are so unimportant, and loses his temper often. I've seen three rounds of firing in three years, and we have just gone through our latest round. Everyone in the company is worried for there jobs, and there is a general consensus that people want to leave (and are trying to do so asap). Its sad to see such a negative transition in such a short time. It was not like this two years ago.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, and quit disposing of employees like they were yesterdays news, and then hire brand new employees six months later.

"Its all good when they market is hot, but when going gets tough..."

I worked at Edifecs full-time

Pros

Even as a small private company, the CEO is willing to take risk for future growth. Most new hires are industry veterans with many years of experience. Great offices and free food. Some corporate type training are useful. Company is in a very fast growing but competitive industry.

Cons

Experience doesn't equal to performance! Many new hires are giving high level titles and only engaging in lengthy meetings talking about future plans rather than actually doing work and deliver results. This is terrible for people who are at lower level and actually working hard to keep the company profitable. Definitely unfair distribution of pay and credits due.

Advice to Management

Town hall meetings are not a great venue for people to bring up issues and complains. Skip a few levels and try to engage meaningful conversation with frontline workers to get real information

"Client Services"

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's not a bad company overall, work environment is decent and compensation is better than industry average, technology is ambitious, is improving and does have potential in the market that desperately needs solutions

Cons

Even though the company has achieved certain amount of success the fundamental miscalculations are catching up with the team. The underlying design flaws of the core product create serious head winds for the future product advances. Engineering doesn't seem to have any interest in fixing the problems that stem from these flaws which the current customer base experiences, and since these issues are not going away it's difficult to see how the company will succeed when armed with the current technology. Also the mentality of "we know best" and "if it's not done here it isn't right" creates a set of real problems for both the sales and the services organizations.

Advice to Management

There are reasons why companies like apple, microsoft and oracle succeed when they introduce new technologies and new products. If you want to company to grow, analyze and learn from these success stories instead of being stuck in the feedback that you manufacture yourself.

"Glory days are in the past!"

Pros

Health benefits, nice salary, core technology

Cons

Loss of vision, scattered and ever changing direction, employee loss of confidence in the company. No career paths or movement possibilities within the company for employees and loss of hope that this will ever happen. Many people are scared and worried about the future of the company and whether they will have jobs because of the "do more with less people" attitude. Impossible to get help from those who own product lines. Edifecs is a very siloed company, which is a systemic problem.

Advice to Management

Advice and input doesn't seem to make a difference at Edifecs but it's not entirely the CEO's fault. Something happened in the past couple of years that has turned this company from a great place to work to a mediocre place to work.