Elastic Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

4.1
Elastic Founder and CEO Shay Banon
Shay Banon
Pros
  • "I wasn't a huge participant in the open-source world before joining Elastic, but I've really enjoyed getting more involved(in 24 reviews)

• "The work-life balance at Elastic is what you make of it(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their hope is the open source model and its low entry price is going to drive enough potential demand for up-selling later to generate revenue(in 8 reviews)

• "Distributed company so you'll have to juggle a bit of timezone magic but then again, your work schedule is as flexible as it can be(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fulfilling, Diverse, Meaningful, Exciting"

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Elastic for 2.5 years, am a female, and am proud to work for a company that embraces working parents and respecting their homelife (amazing parental leave for Moms + Dads), the ability to work remotely where possible, and overall, the trust that is put in us who do work from home and don't feel held back in our career or overlooked for not being located in an office. This is why Elastic has built a fantastic, global company from the start -- it is all about the trust + leadership of Elastic. Our diversity is incredible -- we have employees in roughly 40-different countries and represent an amazing amount of cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, languages. Elastic is working hard to balance out our gender diversity as a tech company and I truly believe/feel that my voice and opinions are heard around this topic as a female in Tech. I am so proud to be a part of a company that makes me feel fulfilled and gives me the ability to thrive in a remote setting.

Cons

I've seen us go from 500 employees to now 1600 plus - keep up the great work, I've seen constructive feedback be addressed and implemented immediately. No cons to report.

2. "Amazing people make the most amazing company!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Openness: while some companies have "policies" Elastic has a "culture" of encouraging their employees to be themselves...come as you are! In the times: Elastic´s products and solutions are going to take companies to the next level, now and well into the future. It is a very relevant company, with exceptional offerings, supported by a ton of really intelligent people. The skies the limit: Whatever you can dream can, I am sure, be integrated somehow within Elastic. Work life balance: Elastic provide ample opportunities to enrich your personal life, such as offering paid time off to volunteer, plenty of PTO and encourages people to take time off in the middle of the day, if needed, to get some fresh air. Working remotely, for most, is also an excellent opportunity to spend more time with family, though also having more time to be productive...all while reducing the traffic congestion others must endure on a daily basis...win-win-win.

Cons

I have none at all.

"Great Culture"

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture - People are amazing

Cons

moved to IPO has caused an influx of legacy Oracle / SFDC leadership and their playbooks

4. "Good place"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Site Reliability Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Departments besides engineering are really good and leadership is good. However engineering is a mixed bag - some teams are good some are struggling to get work done. Good career opportunities, some engineering teams are good

Cons

Quantity over quality in engineering esp cloud teams. A good portion of the engineers could be fired and wouldn’t affect productivity.

Continue reading

"Great culture, great benefits"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Elastic has a great culture and has been able to maintain that over the past few years, even though becoming a publicly traded company. The benefits are also extremely generous. The pace of innovation keeps things interesting and encourages and 'always learning' environment.

Cons

Enablement is an area of improvement

"Great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Elastic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits for the US: - HSA contributions by employer almost to the contribution limits - Fantastic health, dental, and eye care plan - Generous 401K match program taht does dollar-to-dollar match up to 6% - Space-time program that allows you time to learn/pick up a new relevant skill - Distributed remote work force so great work life balance - Everyone really friendly and helpful

Cons

- Distributed company so you'll have to juggle a bit of timezone magic but then again, your work schedule is as flexible as it can be

"Can’t get out or their own way"

Former Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture, excellent benefits

Cons

Products are overly complex, engineers build what they want with no real concern for what will sell. Due to over process it is difficult to get things done and deals closed. Lack of customer focus is one of the most frustrating challenges, product leaders talk down to customers instead of listen.

Continue reading

"Drove me out with fake distributed culture"

2.0

I worked at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people makes it worthwhile

Cons

Why would you preach a distributed culture yet force all these rules to target individuals to not be able to move or work in the office of their choice?

9. "distributed"

Current Employee - Support Engineer

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

distributed team. Amazing culture and collaboration

Cons

not any con are present

"Great Company"

Current Employee - New York in New York, NY

I have been working at Elastic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company; Growing Fast; Amazing People; Amazing Benefits

Cons

Complicated Tech and Lots of Fast Change. You have to keep up and continue investing in your own enablement or you will get behind fast.

Found 188 reviews