Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Benefits

Oct 14, 2020 - Commercial Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome benefits package and now offer full-time remote positions.

Cons

Christmas baskets instead of actual cash bonuses.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my job!

Apr 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity is thoughtfully led, treats employees generously, and there's definitely a sense that it's a place where you can build a career. The pay is competitive, the benefits are excellent, and work/life balance is valued. There's a fair level of autonomy for most people, and as remote work becomes more common at Acuity, there's an increasing focus on how to balance that autonomy with making sure we all still feel "connected" to each other. The culture is nurturing in many ways, too. The CEO encourages people to make mistakes in the spirit of innovation, there's a strong family/community feel, and there are constant reminders of how "Acuity loves you" (gifts, prizes, events, recognition), all without the sort of forced fun that you see in a lot of corporations. I love my job.

Cons

The longer I work here, the more I realize how unique and positive of a workplace this is. I cannot think of any cons.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love my Acuity Family

Jan 5, 2021 - Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Acuity out of college. Insurance was not a career path I had anticipated nor did I have any passion towards, but Acuity has made it easy to love my job. The training is comprehensive, support from co-workers and management (both professionally and personally) has been refreshing, and I am happy to say I actually enjoy insurance work! I am forever grateful for the fair compensation, generous health benefits, flexible work schedule and never ending gifts we receive, especially during the pandemic. The pandemic has changed my work environment but the family culture remains strong and transitioning to working from home from a technical standpoint has been easy. I cannot imagine working for a better company.

Cons

I struggle to think of any cons. Personally I do not enjoy traveling and my role does require 1-2 visits a year to agents/insureds which does require travel. Although for me this is a con, it is a very reasonable expectation.

2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Acuity Insurance.