Acuity Insurance Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2021

4.9
Acuity Insurance President, CEO, and Director Ben Salzmann
Ben Salzmann
Pros
  • "Acuity is a financially strong company that provides great benefits for its employees(in 41 reviews)

• "The flexibility they provide us is so important for finding that work-life balance(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Need to upgrade some systems to allow more effective work from home(in 14 reviews)

• "Travelling to Sheboygan once a year(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Acuity Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Just keeps getting better and better

Oct 23, 2020 - Manager, Information Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity continues to ensure employees have a good work/life balance. They recently changed the work from home policy from a limited policy to full time remote policy. When covid hit, Acuity quickly put together a team to analyze any remaining processes where employees would be required to come to the office and developed plans to automate the processes. There is a small percentage of employees who still need to work at the office. Acuity has done a great job to make them feel welcome there including free breakfast and lunch. Acuity is continuing to provide gifts and great communication to all employees no matter where they are located.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

Social Media Community Specialist

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my job!

Apr 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity is thoughtfully led, treats employees generously, and there's definitely a sense that it's a place where you can build a career. The pay is competitive, the benefits are excellent, and work/life balance is valued. There's a fair level of autonomy for most people, and as remote work becomes more common at Acuity, there's an increasing focus on how to balance that autonomy with making sure we all still feel "connected" to each other. The culture is nurturing in many ways, too. The CEO encourages people to make mistakes in the spirit of innovation, there's a strong family/community feel, and there are constant reminders of how "Acuity loves you" (gifts, prizes, events, recognition), all without the sort of forced fun that you see in a lot of corporations. I love my job.

Cons

The longer I work here, the more I realize how unique and positive of a workplace this is. I cannot think of any cons.

3. 5.0

Amazing companing

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Field Claim Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great company culture

Cons

None that I can think of

4. 5.0

Love my Acuity Family

Jan 5, 2021 - Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Acuity out of college. Insurance was not a career path I had anticipated nor did I have any passion towards, but Acuity has made it easy to love my job. The training is comprehensive, support from co-workers and management (both professionally and personally) has been refreshing, and I am happy to say I actually enjoy insurance work! I am forever grateful for the fair compensation, generous health benefits, flexible work schedule and never ending gifts we receive, especially during the pandemic. The pandemic has changed my work environment but the family culture remains strong and transitioning to working from home from a technical standpoint has been easy. I cannot imagine working for a better company.

Cons

I struggle to think of any cons. Personally I do not enjoy traveling and my role does require 1-2 visits a year to agents/insureds which does require travel. Although for me this is a con, it is a very reasonable expectation.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Excellent Company

Nov 17, 2020 - Commercial Lines
      Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity is an absolutely excellent company to work for. Benefits are amazing! Culture is good. This isn't my first rodeo so I can speak to my past experiences and I have never experienced a company that is an all around excellent company like Acuity is.

Cons

Unsure...realistically cons exist anywhere you go (even the best companies) but the pros outweigh the cons so heavily at Acuity that it's hard to think of any. If I had to pick one, it'd be the quality of food in the cafeteria (but the fact we have a cafeteria is excellent so there's a pro).

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing company with world-class culture

Mar 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company that continues to grow year after year. Upper management appreciates effort, hard-work employees provide. Great interactions with teammates.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for! Less than 6 months in.

Aug 4, 2020 - Commercial Field Underwriter in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company actually cares about you. Seriously they actually do. They offer 6% retirement wether you contribute or not. 3k HSA medical company contribution and your deductible Is 3k - United Healthcare is provider. To reiterate my first point. They have sent gift cards in the mail every couple weeks during COVID. Unlimited sick time - if you are truly sick, they take care of you. Vacation time is about average but sick time makes this a pro. No written premium goals. Yes, that is correctly typed. It must be a psychological thing because it makes me want to write more profitable business than any other company. Highly profitable company that knows how to take care of employees while making money. Company car. New iPad. New iPhone. 3 monitor setup with laptop. Fully remote capable for all employees outside of WI (WI too but depends on manager). $600 fitness allowance if field employee. Internet paid for if field employee. I have been so happy with company that I haven’t even expensed this since working here.

Cons

Not many, if any. Older DOS mainframe system. I am 33 and it only took a few weeks to get the hang of it but did have experience with mainframe system at other insurance company. Felt hindered by low authority and pre-proposal loss controls at first but makes too much sense after being here for a while.

Thanks for the review!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great First Job

Feb 18, 2021 - Programmer in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity offers a supportive environment that rewards those who are passionate and willing to expand their skills. Flexible hours and ability to work remotely are nice as well

Cons

Cafeteria is closed due to covid...but that's only temporary!

We love hearing this!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The grass is greener on our side

Oct 23, 2020 - Commercial Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hands down the best employer you'll ever find. I've worked with a lot of insurance carriers in my time, spent a lot of time on the other side of the fence as an agent, and no company cares more for their employees than Acuity. The amount of resources they give you, the amount of gifts they give you, the amount of true human kindness they share with you. They make you want to achieve your better working self. You'll be forever learning new things, and no day is a dull moment.

Cons

The only downside of working for Acuity is when I want to share my experiences of the employee appreciate we receive here, and I know I'll just make my friends feel bad.

10. 5.0

Best place to work!

Feb 23, 2021 - Senior Commercial Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, good flexibility, great benefits, amazing people and culture

Cons

There are Some different management styles.

Thank you!