Acuity Insurance Reviews

4.8
Acuity Insurance President, CEO, and Director Ben Salzmann
Ben Salzmann
Pros
Cons
  • "I think the insurance industry nationwide are offering more work from home options and ACUITY has been rather slow of implementing this option(in 8 reviews)

• "There are no cons of working at Acuity(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The best company I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Field Claims Adjuster in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are the usual things, good pay, flexible work hours and the autonomy to do my job but there is a culture at Acuity that sure we have a job to do but we can make it fun; Acuity wants me to succeed at my job but also at life. Many companies will tell you that there number one asset is their people, here, it comes from the very top and they mean it. With retirement a couple of years away, it will be hard to leave. I equate it to leaving a team that wins the Super Bowl or World Series every year, something I think will be difficult. It is fun to be on a winning team.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

Acuity Insurance2019-08-22

August 23, 2019Social Media Community Specialist

Wonderful to hear!

2. "Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Acuity truly offers Work Life balance. Other companies may advertise this balance, but the benefits of working from home, flex time, health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k contributions, our in house gym including Trainers that offer free classes to all employees, and a strong family culture, are just a few reasons Acuity creates work life balance. By offering these benefits among many many more, it creates a small company feel in a large corporation. Which results in creating the ability to manage a family and a career with minimal stress.

Cons

I can't say that I have any at this time, only that I hope we continue to maintain over the next decades.

Acuity Insurance2020-03-27

March 30, 2020Social Media Community Specialist

Thank you for the review!

3. "Slow to make decisions"

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time

Pros

Great culture. Very thoughtful with employees. Provide great benefits and perks.

Cons

Very slow to make any decisions especially with new software. Can take up to a year to conduct the review and then more time to implement. If you like a company that makes timely decisions I would recommend not coming to Acuity.

Acuity Insurance2020-04-13
  4. "Stable Company Focused on Culture"

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time

Pros

The passion of the management and the strong culture makes you feel valued and empowered to innovate and grow. People usually don't believe me when I describe this place until I actually show them. Acuity always looks to the future without sacrificing stability for their employees, including a major focus on promoting from within and providing frequent fun events to attend.

Cons

Some people say the location isn't flashy or exciting enough for them. Personally I like it but that's all I could think of.

Acuity Insurance2020-03-13

March 16, 2020Social Media Community Specialist

Thank you for the feedback!

5. "Such a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Acuity is an enjoyable place to work with excellent work/life balance. The leaders (at the top, at least) genuinely work to offer a fun office environment with great perks, like a free gym, flex time, reimbursement for continuing ed, and more free chocolate than any human could be reasonably expected to consume. The benefits package is also truly top-notch and pay is competitive, especially for the area. There's been an effort to be more innovative with agile teams, more automation and slowly expanding work from home. Exciting to see the focus on becoming a national carrier and the opportunities that come from that. Not having sales goals is helpful and good for morale.

Cons

Very very very few. Bottlenecks as a result of some understaffing in certain departments. A level of complacency and entitlement resulting from working for a generous employer, but I'd rather have that than constant stress or crummy pay or zero perks.

Acuity Insurance2020-03-08

March 10, 2020Social Media Community Specialist

Thank you for the feedback!

"Great Training and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Formal Training Program Growth Opportunities Great Benefits

Cons

You will not want to leave

Acuity Insurance2019-12-18

December 19, 2019Social Media Community Specialist

Thank you!

"One of the Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

24/7 Fitness Center (27,000 sq ft), with multiple fitness classes throughout the day. Top notch benefits (Full deductible contribution to HSA, 8% 401k contribution w/o matching) Social/Happy Hours on Thursdays Standing desks Genuine sense of care from management and executives Family oriented company

Cons

Paternity leave on the lower side (5 paid days), but other than that....nothing! (I shouldn't be complaining about receiving too much free chocolate...haha)

Acuity Insurance2019-12-11

December 17, 2019Social Media Community Specialist

Thanks!

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work schedule, work from home options, family events, great facility.

Cons

Easy to become spoiled because so many gifts and events are given. Employees coming straight from school, who have never worked anywhere else have no idea that this isn't typical. Review process is outdated, creates undue stress on management over the holidays and isn't helpful for employees.

Acuity Insurance2019-12-09

December 10, 2019Social Media Community Specialist

9. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is an awesome company to work for! I truly feel valued in so many ways. They give us so many gifts and put on many events to show their appreciation for us. Honestly just an awesome place to work and I love my job and the team I work with!

Cons

I have two complaints. First, they are slow on the work from home movement. Second, and this is so easily fixable, there is not enough value placed on education, especially in the Underwriting department. In fact, they are continuously reducing the education benefits they give. Comparable companies are paying for CPCU materials up front, and Acuity is not. Comparable companies give raises and days off for tests passed, and Acuity does not. Comparable companies are paying for a guest to go on the CPCU trip, and Acuity recently took that away. And finally comparable companies pay for a master's program without too many burdens, and that is just not the case here. We love the parties that are thrown, but don't forget about the employees going above and beyond on their own time to better themselves and increase the value they bring to the table. Again, this is an easy fix, but we need to celebrate education in the ways we celebrate everything else.

Acuity Insurance2019-12-11

December 17, 2019Social Media Community Specialist

Thank you for your comments!

10. "Truly cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company culture is unlike any other company I have worked for. The benefits are outstanding!

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Acuity Insurance2019-10-01