KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.8
Acuity Insurance President, CEO, and Director Ben Salzmann
Ben Salzmann

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and the sweet treats we get really rock!(in 89 reviews)
  • "life balance, great culture, appreciative of employees(in 40 reviews)
  • "The excellent work life balance with two young kids is also helpful as a working mom.(in 32 reviews)
  • "work from home, paid sick leave, 3 months of job training, a mentor program, open door with management, team group setting, and overall wonderful building to work in(in 25 reviews)
  • "They strive to take care of their employees and are open with information regarding the company.(in 23 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Acuity Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

May 18, 2022 - Senior Claim Representative in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture Advancement Opportunities Training and Development Opportunities

Cons

I have no complaints with my employer

Thanks so much!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work - remote work - treat employees excellent

Cons

Ferris Wheel isn't open every day.

Thank you!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Acuity Rocks

Apr 28, 2022 - Systems Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO cares about his employees and has taken us on a journey from one of the worst places to work to one of the best by trying to offer excellent benefits, competative pay, good vacation and flex time. A 401k my friends are in awe of. And most important that he truely cares for each employee and feels they are the most important asset that Acuity has. I have worked for companies that consider employees are a dime a dozen and the turn over rate shows that. The Summer party, and Holiday party, the Holiday giftbasket (too heavey to lift), Amazon gift cards, Panera gift cards, boxes and boxes of chocolate are just a few perks of working at Acuity.

Cons

Since the new work from home policy, it is hard to build a connection with people on other teams, in other areas that you don't work with evey day and that you use to see around the building and at Happy hour or company events. One other con is that when a person leaves, depending on your manager, you may not even know they are gone for weeks or months.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Review

Apr 29, 2022 - Senior Loss Control Representative in Lubbock, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They treat me well and fairly.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Thanks!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Teamwork highly valued

Apr 28, 2022 - Regional Sales Territory Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

All ideas are welcome from all employees, for business improvement, charity or new products just to name a few. Ideas are valued as are employees. Acuity takes care of employees regardless of time with the company or position.

Cons

Seriously, there are no negatives at Acuity.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and grow!

Apr 28, 2022 - Business Consulting
    Business Outlook

Pros

A culture of growth and inclusion. Superior benefit package. Career development opportunities. Acknowledged for the contributions made to the company and customer. Always looking to the future.

Cons

Really can't think of any downsides. Best company I have every worked for in a 25+ year career.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Apr 28, 2022 - Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity is a great company to work for! Certainly one of the best insurance companies out there. They show time and time again that they care about their employees and the community. They give to charities and encourage employees to give as well by providing us with money to donate to a charity of our choice around christmastime. The summerbasket, christmas basket, summer fest and various goodies and gift card the company gives us year round also helps employees temporarily forget we work at an insurance company. The benefits are fantastic! 8% unmatched 401k contribution plus a discretionary 2.5% at year end is unheard of!

Cons

Every company has its downsides and potential silos within the company is something that Acuity can struggle with. The company is not particularly diverse, this is influenced by its location but they are hiring outside their traditional areas, so this could change in the future

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company- Great People!

Apr 28, 2022 - Commercial Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are valued, great work environment, fabulous benefits, good training!

Cons

I cannot think of any "cons"!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great environment for those new to the workforce!

Apr 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A culture that emphasizes making their new hires feel comfortable and a part of the team

Cons

Some topics are sugar coated to employees. The culture is typically so upbeat and energetic that it's hard for upper management to say things matter of factly

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Underwriter

Apr 29, 2022 - Commercial Lines Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Acuity has a welcoming environment, and great culture. They invest in their employees which creates a highly engaged and happy workplace. The importance of Work Life Balance is a high priority here. I feel a part of a community at Acuity!

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I would change at the moment! :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 450 Reviews

Acuity Insurance Reviews FAQs

Acuity Insurance has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 459 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Acuity Insurance to a friend and 98% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Acuity Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Acuity Insurance. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

97% of Acuity Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Acuity Insurance 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Acuity Insurance to be career development, management, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Acuity Insurance Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Acuity Insurance? Share Your Experiences

Acuity Insurance Careers

Cover image for Acuity Insurance

Started in 1925, Acuity is a property-casualty insurance company based in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, with employees working across the United...More

• Culture Focused
  • Community Focus
  • Wellness Focus
  • Focus on You

Company Updates

98 days ago

Company News
We are so excited to be named #26, the #3 insurance company, on Forbes list of the Best Midsize Employers in America! This is the fourth time has received this honor.
Shared image - Acuity Named a Best Employer by Forbes
Acuity Named a Best Employer by Forbes
www.acuity.com

121 days ago

Company News
In 2021 we achieved our highest growth rate in 8 years as well as the highest dollar increase in written premium in our 96-year history. We also surpassed both the $3 billion surplus and $6 billion asset milestones (GAAP) and reached nearly $2 billion in written premium in 2021. "Acuity's continued profitable growth provides the resources and stability we need to fulfill our common purpose of caring for our family of employees, agents, and customers while staring down risk," said Ben Salzmann, President and CEO. "Growth enables us to provide peace of mind for even more customers, serve our agents, and create even more career opportunities for our people."
Shared image - Acuity Achieved All-Time Growth Records in 2021
Acuity Achieved All-Time Growth Records in 2021
www.acuity.com

Acuity Insurance Photos

+ Add Photo
Acuity Insurance photo of: Celebrating the summer with colleagues at Acuity's annual FunFest
Acuity Insurance photo of: The annual Acuity Health Challenge 5K raises funds for community healthcare organizations
Acuity Insurance photo of: Getting into the Halloween spirit at Acuity HQ
Acuity Insurance photo of: Acuity families enjoying Free-For-All-Wednesday food trucks
Acuity Insurance photo of: Santa visited Acuity in 2019 and visited with employees and their families.
Acuity Insurance photo of: Acuity headquarters in midwinter
Acuity Insurance photo of: Two employees talk about the Hmong Story Cloth created for Acuity.