Acuity Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Acuity Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process started with an online application which resembled filling out an online resume and some added questions. After that, a few weeks later a member of HR reached out via phone for a brief phone interview, this was about 30 minutes long and the Employee was very nice and this was a great time to ask any questions I had about the position. Following the phone interview, I was prompted via email to set up a time for an in person interview, due to COVID this interview was moved virtually via Microsoft Teams. I was also given an attachement with 5 'essay' questions- the questions were all situational "tell me about a time when", the managers and HR would read my answers before the interview so there was more time for other questions during the face to face part. I met with the HR rep for about 20 min pre interview as they acted as my 'hype man', telling me things they liked about my phone interview and prefacing me with some questions or qualities that would make me stand out to the general managers who I was interviewing with next. I met with two General Managers (6 total at the time), they were very easy going, extremely friendly and willing to answer any questions I had. They would ask me a question but answer it themselves first to make me less nervous. A majority of the questions revolved around the companies culture and making sure my personality, outlook, perception and relationships would be a good fit on a team and in the companies culture. My interview felt more like a lengthy conversation about Acuity than it did a grueling interview. Don't get me wrong, I was still nervous but the way that it is all set up makes it very easy to forget its an interview! The turnaround time was very quick after the 'face to face' interview, I was offered a position 3 days later, after they had told me roughly 2 weeks!

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions revolved around the culture at Acuity or me as a person! Personality questions Favorite hobbies, asked about my family asked me about college, favorite classes and experience "What does an underwriter mean to you"
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Acuity Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Acuity Insurance

Interview

Good Interview Process. Very thorough. Initial interview then a follow up of 5 customer service questions that are turned in written. Must try to sell yourself and your customer service experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Acuity Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Acuity Insurance

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. The communications were effective and efficient. Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The interviewers were genuinely interested and explained things very well.

Acuity Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance in Sep 2021

Interview

Talked to the recruiter for 30 minutes and they had me answer a couple behavioral questions in a separate email and submit my college transcript. The recruiter was very personable and helpful during the process. It was frustrating going through the process and being told after the fact that my college GPA was too low for the position. The equivalent for a college degree that didn't reach the GPA requirement was to have 10 years of insurance experience for an entry level commercial underwriter position. I obviously do not agree with the years of experience requirement for an entry level position. I do think having some type of transparency in the job description would be useful to save time for applicants. Other than that, I had a very positive experience with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Acuity Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance

Interview

3 rounds of virtual interviews very straight forward. Written response guidelines required during second round of the interviews. Staff was very professional and tried to bring the in person experience virtually.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Acuity Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance

Interview

It was a tour of the facility, a first round of questions with 3 members of the team, followed by a second round of questions with 3 other members. Each round was really just a directed conversation. It felt more like getting a feel for what I know and the various levels of that rather than a right or wrong answer.

Interview Questions
  • A common one that seemed to come up a few times was regarding how you view security practices.

Acuity Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance in May 2021

Interview

Thorough. Intense. They're looking for the best candidates not for a specific demographic. They keep it fair across the board and are very professional about their interview process. Great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Acuity Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by recruiter. It was very conversational and laid back. After that I had to answer 5 behavioral questions on a word document. About two weeks later I interviewed with two GMs.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly just about previous work experience and what I know about underwriting. Also asked about why I want to work at acuity and in insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance (Sheboygan, WI) in Sep 2020

Interview

This was a career fair and Acuity was extremely nice and helpful for their process of hiring. The company was very transparent and workers were proud of their work. Seems like a fantastic company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Insurance (Sheboygan, WI) in Jan 2020

Interview

Phone interview, Data entry testing, in person interview. All very straight forward. Excellent communication throughout the process. It took about a month to get in for the in-person interview due to someone in management being out of state. The facility was beautiful and I was able to shadow three separate departments. Ultimately offered multiple positions and accepted the best fitting of the three.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews

Acuity Insurance Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Acuity Insurance as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.06 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Inside Claim Representative and Entry Level Commercial Underwriter rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Commercial Lines Underwriter and Programmer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Acuity Insurance takes an average of 24 days when considering 32 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Inside Claim Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Commercial Lines Underwriter roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 33 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Acuity Insurance according to 32 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.95%