Blizzard Entertainment - Living the BlizzLife! | Glassdoor

"Living the BlizzLife!"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Business Operations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the better part of a decade I've been working at Blizzard HQ in Irvine. In all that time I've never met a fellow employee who wasn't interesting, upbeat, and utterly driven by what they do for a living. The work can be challenging no doubt, but that's part of the attraction to me - building things that we can't build on our own, and being a part of something that entertains and enriches so many. The culture is organic and evolves, and the pride of craftsmanship is evident everywhere on campus. Great perks, fantastic benefits, and they work hard to keep their talent!

Cons

I've worked in several different industries before gaming, and I've never seen the amount of collaboration that I do here - if you're not into knowledge-sharing and working with a lot of stakeholders, the culture might not be to your liking or work style.

Advice to Management

Thank you for entrusting employees with shaping the company culture. Continue to represent our core values from the top down. I would also like to see a more robust internal mobility program that helps us level up and potentially find easier ways to our passion roles, teams, and projects.

Other Employee Reviews for Blizzard Entertainment

"Best Work Environment"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is casual and Team oriented. I think executives do the right thing to benefit as many people as possible. There are 4 medical insurance options and 2 dental care options for Full-Time permanent employees, as well as 401K offering and a tuition reimbursement progam. A Work/ Life balance is encouraged. They offer paid compassion leave and parental leave. Services such as Flu shots, wellness exams, chiropractors, car washes and more come to work so you don't have to go to them. There is a cafeteria on site offering farm to fork, Gluten Free and Vegan options as main dishes everyday.

Cons

Cons depend on the position and team. You must be quick and learn fast and be able to adapt. If a project or artwork you're working on gets scrapped or is subject to harsh feedback, you have to bounce back. Also, Must Play Games; if you don't play video games and don't care to, you may feel out of touch with the rest of the culture.

Advice to Management

Don't fall out of touch with the average employee. They want to be treated like your best customers.

"Excellent Company, excellent beliefs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company really seems to care about you as an individual - your growth, your personal time off, the fact that you have a life outside of work. The review process is solid and communication is very clear and direct with superiors. As a campus, the amenities are great and they have been recently updated.

Cons

Compensation tends to be lower than other companies, and there is a real disconnect between teams in terms of company culture. A person on one game dev team may have a vastly different company work environment experience to someone else on another dev team.