Blizzard Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 395 of over 395 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blizzard Entertainment

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

The best interview I've ever had. Everyone is a joy to talk to and truly wants to get to know you. The teams are made of clever and kind people who are very passionate about the products they work on and the teams they collaborate with.

Interview Questions
  • What is a productive day to you?
    2 Answers
3 people found this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

Initial application and brief phone interview with a recruiter followed up by a second interview with the team that you would be working under. Second interview was slightly strange, and mic quality on the interviewer's end was very poor and made understanding some questions difficult. Aside from that, the interview was fairly standard.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to tackle a few hypothetical situations related to what you would be doing. These hypotheticals were a bit strange, however, as you are presented with very little information and it seems like the team wants a specific answer rather than to follow your thought process.

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

I got asked some background questions on first round. Very chill overall. They were looking for someone with engine experience. After that I waited 3 months to know that I didn't make the second round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Apr 2021

Interview

Recruiter then a friendly meeting with the manager to learn about the team and discuss experience. Then a take home task that you should "only spend and hour or two" on. As a "conversation starter" for your next interview. I found out that if you don't spend many hours on this there won't be another conversation. 3 of the options require UML, which I was surprised to see.

Interview Questions
  • Software Engineering (pick whatever language you are most comfortable in) a. Utilize Blizzard Hearthstone API (See: Getting started and API guides) to retrieve card data i. For the purposes of this exercise, a proper secret management mechanism is not required. Use of an industry standard solution (Vault, Parameter Store, etc.) can be implied in your documentation. ii. This does not need to be a running service hosted somewhere. We will review your submission and discuss your strategies. b. Create web application to render requested information from the API into a human readable page i. Retrieve details of any 10 cards with the following criteria 1. Class: Druid OR Warlock 2. Mana: At least 7 3. Rarity: Legendary ii. Display results sorted by card ID in a human readable table that includes: · Card image · Name · Type · Rarity · Set · Class a. Provide link to repository for application source and documentation 2. Reliability Engineering a. Examine UML sequence diagram of a proposed new service b. Describe the following i. What is the critical user path? ii. Propose graceful degradation of individual components iii. Propose any relevant SLAs, SLIs, and SLOs for the application 1. Describe how/where/what you would measure and propose initial SLO/SLA values and their justification for a business critical service. 2. Describe what metric types or events you use in your SLIs and include any filtering criteria. a. The service is now live but your monitoring of one of the critical software components indicates the error budget burn rate is excessive. You approach the development team and determine they have an aggressive deployment cadence and a number of pushes have had issues. What do you suggest and discuss with your partner team? UML Diagram code @startuml title "Login flow" actor "Client" as A boundary "Edge service" as B participant "Auth" as C participant "Entitlement" as D participant "Account" as E participant "Game Data" as F participant "Recommendations" as G participant "Friends" as H participant "Presence" as I Note over A: Customer device Note over B: Request broker A->>B: Custom RPC\npersistent connection B->>C: Verify credentials\nand request token C->>B: Confirms credentials\nand supplies token Note over B: User session created B->>A: Notify login success A->>B: Request game titles\nfor UI display B->>D: REST API request\ntitles for user_id D->>E: REST API request\nfor titles owned by user_id E-->>D: D->>F: REST API request for\nmeta-data and CDN asset\nlinks for each title F-->>D: D->>G: REST API request for\nrecommendations using\nlist of owned titles Note over G: Generates custom recommendations G-->>D: D->>B: JSON payload containing\nowned and recommended titles B->>A: JSON payload passed\nthrough to client Note over A: Displays lists of owned\nand recommended\ntitles and any promotions A->>B: Request for friends data B->>H: REST request for friends data Note over H: Queries DB for list\nof friends and online status H->>I: REST request for\ncurrent activity\nof each friend I-->>H: H->>B: JSON payload containing friends and their status B->>A: JSON payload passed\nthrough to client Note over A: Payload parsed and\nfriends UI element populated @enduml 3. Systems Internals a. Scenario: Your partner development team comes to you to help them with some performance related issues. They say, according to their calculations and local testing, they should be able to be able to achieve a much higher request rate before they reach their thread limits. However, in their staging environment, they notice the average request takes significantly longer than it should to process so the number of in-flight requests quickly climbs and exhausts system resources. The developer says, when they test locally, the service responds consistently with single-digit latency. b. Utilize the following data sources to determine why this is happening and make any necessary recommendations. i. Service diagram from the development team UML Service diagram @startuml title "Translatatron" actor "Load tester" as A boundary "Application server" as B participant "Redis" as C A->>B: HTTP Note over B: Application translates\nEnglish to Orcish B->>C: Metadata for real-time\napplication analytics B->>A: Response @enduml Attachment: th3.zip ii. Application source code (th3-server.py) iii. PCAP from server application instance (th3-server.pcap) iv. HTTP request logs from the server application
1 person found this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

Firstly, I looked after the job positions and applied for the positions. All of the process was done online, which was easy to access. I got an confirmation Email after I applied several positions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Apr 2021

Interview

Very unprofessional - Recruiter scheduled time and NEVER called. After I sending a follow up email, I was completely ghosted. Blizzard needs to get it together and stop wasting people's time.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

From the first call with Jenna to my final call with Christy, I was impressed by the kindness and understanding of everyone involved. The interviews were thorough yet fun. They were to the point but didn't feel rushed. Most of all the team really cared about the questions I had as much as their own, especially Christy who asked what I needed from a manager. That sealed the deal for me. I had interviewed at many great companies but Blizzard was miles above the others.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between the role of a Product Management and Product Designer? Describe your leadership style. What is your approach for when things are not going well?

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

Loved speaking with everyone, just an awesome experience. Everything was done virtually due to the pandemic. I had a take home test and then proceeded to meet with the team for technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Can't say specifics. Make sure to study the job post and be ready to answer questions/have stories for everything on your resume.

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

HR interview, introduce yourself, projects, ask knowledge domain, interviewer is very friendly, and introduced job description and following interview processes, and team situation. And ask some routine questions afterwards. That is pretty much it

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Versailles

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Versailles)

Interview

Très long processus mais super fun. Contact avec recruitement deux fois, suivi par entretien classique en mode panel avec des questions funky style Google, suivi par un entretien avec la boss comms-events, suivi par une rencontre avec les collègues potentiels. Je n'ai pas eu le job mais finalement c'était une très chouette expérience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Process was long and grueling. From application submission to final decision took about six months. Even though it was slow, the people were cool and my HR rep was great. After the resume submission, there was a phone interview with my HR rep, then a design test, then a panel interview with three people. This was followed by a gauntlet of four more panel interviews, each with three people.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What did you do when you ran into problems you didn't have experience solving? What was your process to find solutions?
  • Q: What do you think makes feedback constructive?
  • Q: How do you avoid becoming formulaic in your design work?
  • Q: What do you think is one of the more important jobs/parts of a game designer?
  • Q: What are some of your favorite tools you've used in your career? How would you improve one of the tools you use?
  • Q: What were some of the technical challenges you faced?
  • Q: What is an example of something you would be really interested in adding to the game?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 395 Interviews