Blizzard Entertainment - A game company that does it right | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Blizzard actually wants to give employees a Work-Life balance" (in 36 reviews)

• "If you are looking for a work environment to fully 'embrace your inner geek" you don't need to look any further" (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expensive cost of living in the surrounding area; the company does subsidize healthy food options in their cafe and vending machines in each building" (in 29 reviews)

• "You have to work really hard to exceed expectations which can erode some of the exalted "work-life balance"" (in 19 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A game company that does it right"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the moment I started here, I felt finally at home. I've had several jobs at major tech companies before now, but none of them ever felt like they were invested in me as a developer. Blizzard invested in me right away, offering more compensation than I asked for, and treating me as a valuable team member from day one.

Every day I work here is fun, I get to be a flat out nerd and be surrounded by other flat out nerds. I am surrounded by co-workers who value eachother's input.

As a member of the LGBT community, it was excited to find that I was not the only one in my immediate vicinity. My team is wildly diverse in every way, and it was the first time I was on a team that was majority women in tech.

Cons

Getting hired can be difficult unless you know someone inside the company.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Game Master"

Former Employee - Specialist Game Master in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist Game Master in Austin, TX

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Work environment was friendly and relaxed
    -Discounted company products
    -Yearly game related rewards

Cons

-Hourly pay is low compared to other companies hiring in the same position

"Blizzard is an amazing place to work!"

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Blizzard has a ton of awesome things going for it. The environment is great, and you will work with a whole bunch of people who are the best in the world at what they do.

Cons

Internal mobility, promotion opportunity, and growth in general are very limited. Don't take "a" job at Blizzard just to work here—focus on getting the job you want.

Advice to Management

It would be enormously helpful if more people in management and leadership worked on helping people identify and track toward *careers*, rather than just hiring people to do jobs.

Discover more reviews about Blizzard Entertainment.