HubSpot - Great place to work. Seriously. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HubSpot

"Great place to work. Seriously."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a reason HubSpot keeps winning best place to work awards. It really is a great place to be. The company truly cares about the wellbeing of their employees and shows that through great benefits and perks, transparency with employees on the direction of the company, and a strong management team.

There's a culture here where, no matter your role, if you have something to say, your voice will be heard.

The people working here are consistently whip-smart, super hard working and generally fun to be around. Come for the free candy wall, stay for a great career.

Benefits include:
Waffle Wednesday
Dog-Friendly office
Regular team outings
Flexible work culture
And of course, the CANDY WALL! (my favorite)

Cons

As we become a bigger company, we're going through the growing pains of a scale up. On the upside, everyone's aware and making an effort to create simplicity in all processes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Take the long term view and keep tackling the difficult-but-right-thing-to-do things.

Sep 21, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, and for calling out flexible work culture and of course..the candy wall. One of the things I love about this review is that you call out that people's... More

Other Employee Reviews for HubSpot

"The smartest and most helpful people"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm pretty new (a little over a month) and I can honestly say I've learned more in the last month than in the last 6 months at my previous company. Everyone here is SO smart, and so willing to help teach. I feel like I can go to my manager and team with any question, and rather than just tell me an answer they genuinely make sure I understand the concepts. Everyone motivates each other and encourages each other, and there's none of the cut throat politics like other places. Yes you work a lot, but its enjoyable because everyone wants you to succeed.

Also, TONS OF FOOD!!!!!!!

Cons

Training is nuts. A month of class in a school classroom setting, and a "new hire project" that's pretty intense.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome

Sep 12, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for the feedback, love that you're excited about both our people and our food! I spend way too much time in our kitchen as well, so we have that in common. I agree that our classroom... More

2. "Work/Life Balance + Intense Career Growth"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HubSpot is an amazing place to work. Being here for a little over a year, I've seen us scale in number of employees, overall revenue generation, perks, and professional development opportunities. We've seen hardships along the way, but I can honestly say that 80% of the changes we've made have been undoubtedly for the betterment of the company as a whole, and have spilled over unto us as individuals, to enrich our daily work life. Our constant push to always be improving really affects each of us in unique ways, and in my opinion it's always for the better.

One of the top reasons I stay at HubSpot is because of the work/life balance and flexibility to make your own schedule. Although my friends and family may not at times think I have the best "work/life" balance, the way I structure my time is completely up to me, and I capitalize on our Unlimited Vacation policy often. It's incredibly refreshing to be able to map out your own days and schedule, and be able to enjoy things in life outside of work, whether they are during the typical work day or not.

I've been able to grow on my own at HubSpot in numerous ways due to the autonomy that has been given to me, and our Culture + L&D teams have done tremendous work in making sure that outside and internal trainings are available and top of mind to anyone who would like to attend. There are so many leaders here that actually care, and it's just an amazingly collaborative environment that I feel truly stems from our upper management and executive team in a trickle down effect.

Cons

Although we are self-proclaimed "policy averse", there are times when policy and direction are paramount to success, and I think we fall flat there in many areas. I think we can do a better job of operationalizing our day to day, without losing sight of our customers as the main focus. I think in a lot of ways HubSpot isn't a company that appeals to everyone, and I think we need to change this approach as we grow. While this may be okay when we are a mid-sized company, this won't be an optimal way to operate once we become very large. There are many "cultural issues" we face as an organization, and while I feel our company culture is mostly positive, I think there are pockets of teams here that operate in ways that wouldn't work for every type of background/personality/culture, and in my opinion we need to look outside of our bubble more often to create a more conducive environment that serves all types of people around the globe if we want to stay relevant as a Global leader in our industry.

Advice to Management

Keep being a huge presence in the office, on the wiki, and at meetings. Listen more than you speak. The best leaders that I've come across in my career listen 80% of the time to their teams and the company as a whole before they act or make quick judgments. I think there are many leaders here who do this well, but I think some jump to conclusions more often than not. Overall I really respect and admire our senior management here, and it's one of the main reasons I feel completely invested in our organization.

Sep 19, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Wow, lots of really important feedback contained in here, thank you for taking the time to write it up and share your thoughts, and for all you've contributed to HubSpot during your time here. On the... More