HubSpot - Great place to work. Seriously. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work. Seriously."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a reason HubSpot keeps winning best place to work awards. It really is a great place to be. The company truly cares about the wellbeing of their employees and shows that through great benefits and perks, transparency with employees on the direction of the company, and a strong management team. There's a culture here where, no matter your role, if you have something to say, your voice will be heard.... The people working here are consistently whip-smart, super hard working and generally fun to be around. Come for the free candy wall, stay for a great career. Benefits include: Tuition reimbursement Unlimited vacation Free books Stocked kitchen Waffle Wednesday Dog-Friendly office Regular team outings Flexible work culture And of course, the CANDY WALL! (my favorite)

Cons

As we become a bigger company, we're going through the growing pains of a scale up. On the upside, everyone's aware and making an effort to create simplicity in all processes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Take the long term view and keep tackling the difficult-but-right-thing-to-do things.

HubSpot2017-09-20

HubSpot Response

September 21, 2017Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, and for calling out flexible work culture and of course..the candy wall. One of the things I love about this review is that you call out that people's voices are really heard and prioritized , it means a lot to me that you feel that way. On the cons, I agree with you on the continued need for simplicity in what we do, and the need to continue to beat the drum on the long-term view--lots of work to be done, but I hope we make you proud with how we get there. Thanks for all you do and for writing this up! -Katie

1. "Amazing culture, great colleagues, growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The HubSpot culture code is amazing, employees care about their work, colleagues, company and customers. Supportive, no crazy procedures - just a simple UGJ - use good judgement. From when I was hired to pushing fully tested code into live production took less than 2 weeks - using the full power of the amazing infrastructure. Wow! For interns and young professionals, there is so much fun and growth,... possibility for taking on as much challenges as you can handle. For people with families and lives outside of work - there is full flexibility to work where and when you want and need.

Cons

There is so much freedom, and reliance on UGJ.

Advice to Management

Remain visible and accessible, and not just at the big conferences and events. The 401k match is low - this needs to be much higher. Probably not a hinder when hiring young engineers who don't think to far ahead. The dental insurance isn't especially good either.

HubSpot2019-10-19
  2. "Best Company in Boston!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

HubSpot has so many great things going for it - growth, flexibility, autonomy, and most importantly, the people! Everyone here is so passionate about what they do and it makes coming to work every day a joy.

Cons

The pay for entry-level roles doesn't always match industry standards, but I still feel valued and recognized for the work I do, and get to experience many benefits such as unlimited PTO and the ability to work remotely/flexibly.

HubSpot2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about HubSpot.