HubSpot Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 15, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Unlimited leave and solid balance on work/life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "If you need to work from home that's not an issue" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k match is low comparatively and work/life balance can be strained during busier periods" (in 42 reviews)

• "Growing pains involved with a scale-up company" (in 27 reviews)

1. "Great place to work! Great people to work with!"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

People, flexibility, autonomy, opinions valued

Cons

None that I can really think of, expectations are high but I think that's a good thing.

2. "Renewal Manager"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Great benefits and overall good place to work!

Cons

No cons. This is a phenomenal place to work.

"BDR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super clear path to promotion - tons of resources available to empower you to succeed, unlimited PTO and can WFH any time - In general, as long as you get your work done, you can essentially do whatever you want! Awesome coworkers - everyone who works here is super smart and willing to help... friendly competition but never stepping on each other's toes.

Cons

The tools are constantly growing and improving, sometimes it's hard to keep up! But they always have trainings to help us stay on track

Advice to Management

Keep getting employee feedback and adjusting accordingly! You do a great job already, but as we continue to grow, there will be more and more kinks to iron out.

Jun 11, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback and for helping our sales org grow globally. We will definitely keep an eye on employee feedback as we grow--thanks for the insight and for the thoughtful review to help us... More

"Still great after 4+ years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at HubSpot now for almost 4 years and there's nowhere else I've even thought about working in that time. Why? HubSpot is a great place to work. I feel like I'm valued. I have a lot of autonomy in how and when and where I work. I feel strongly about the mission of the company. All in all, I'm extremely happy here.

Cons

As the company grows, scaling communication and decision making becomes more difficult. Luckily, it's something that's top of mind for many people who are working to make communication easier and better.

Jun 11, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for spending 4+ years with us and for your kind review--I'm super grateful to you for sharing it. I agree with you on scaling communication and decision making--my hope is that the investments... More

"Hard work, outstanding opportunity"

Pros

If you're looking to challenge yourself and learn new things, HubSpot is an outstanding place to do so. The company is full of smart people who CARE, and it shows. Am excellent place for those who want the chance to go "above and beyond".

Cons

There's a lot of disorganization and ambiguity - maybe even a little more than I expected coming into a fast-growing company like this. That can certainly be seen as an opportunity at times, but other times it can just be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the bar high for new hires, especially in strategic and operational roles. If HubSpot is to continue to grow as fast as it is, its will need to maintain its current standard of brilliance, work ethic, and flexibility in its employees.

Jun 11, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks so much for the feedback here-I agree with how you said it's a great place for those who want to go above and beyond and care to do so, that's a really poignant way of putting it. I agree with... More

"How good can it really be? Short: Really good."

Current Employee - Customer Success
    Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every part of the interview process was extremely well thought out and honestly enjoyable from a candidate stand point. The team really puts the effort into understanding your baseline for Inbound and if a good fit after the initial video interview (worst, most awkward part for me) and phone screen making sure the candidate is set up for success when talking to a hiring manager.

You definitely get put through the gambit during the onsite portion. I spoke to three managers and two directors in 30 minute sequential meetings. All were great, but particularly the Service Director. It really wasn’t an interview after the first minute or two of talking to him. It was a conversation, and an insightful, engaging one at that. A++

From the minute you’re brought on, you have a huge wealth of freedom and autonomy to just get things.. done. Everyone deeply believes in the company and the product and I may have had one or the other in previous roles but rarely if ever both with other companies. Definitely cool.

Cons

Training can at times lack structure. There were times during the two week training you would come in, have a session for an hour and have a blank calendar the rest of the day. Perfectly fine if you use good judgement (hint) but you may struggle if you’re not used to building out your own day or if you learn best in traditional student-teacher dynamic.

Advice to Management

Being more consistent with feedback. One-two pro tips can often be helpful but doesn’t always help explain the big picture behind why a certain tool works how it does or how we could best leverage and recognize specific situations for an individual customer. At the end of the day, I just want to get better and feedback could be more cohesive and plentiful at times.

May 28, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review and for joining our customer success team, we are so glad you're here and grateful for your impact on our customers globally. I love the callout you included... More

"Growing Company with Potential for Personal Growth"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, flexible work hours, intelligent/hard working colleagues, and a great campus

Jun 11, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for the review! Really appreciate it. We are working super hard on the life-work fit side of things to help folks strike a better balance, and we definitely hear folks saying they want us to... More

"Awesome Company"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Great working environment, flexible schedule, option to work from home.

Cons

I am still new and have not experienced any yet

9. "Account Exec"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, community and solution offering!

Cons

Personally, I am from Connecticut so the 3 hour drive in a couple times a week is difficult.

Apr 27, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback and for the review--hopefully you're working with your manager to decide if it's an option to work from home more often--a drive from Connecticut sounds like a lot so... More

10. "Amazing Company and Culture to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-- Amazing Culture (HEART is a real thing at HubSpot)
    -- Tons of flexibility with coming to the office and working from home
    -- Amazing co-workers and excellent management staff
    -- Great benefits and unlimited vacation!

Cons

-- The only con that keeps me from giving this place a 5-stars, is the starting salary of $35,000 in Support. This salary is well below industry standards, especially in a place with a high-cost of living like Boston.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I feel like a valued employee here!

Jun 11, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review and hopefully you saw JD's note today on the thought we are putting into helping Support. Long-term, we have more work to do to think through the model that will work for the... More