HubSpot Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2020

4.7
  1. Featured Review

"The Company You've Been Looking For"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at HubSpot for less than a year and these are the things that I've loved since starting - Flexibility: Just be sure to communicate with your team and managers and flexibility of schedule is offered to you if you need it. It makes you feel like you're in charge of your schedule as long as you're producing the expected amount of work. - Autonomy: At first, coming from a different company/culture, this was an adjustment. But, I can honestly say that I love being in charge of making my own day to day priorities while driving towards an overall set goal. It makes me feel empowered and I take pride and ownership over the work I'm doing each day. - Great People Work Here: Amazing people ready to welcome anyone that is new and help with any questions. - Creative Freedom/Everyone's Opinion Matters

Cons

The only con I have would be the sense of being overwhelmed a bit at the beginning of my career here. There is a lot of information available to new employees and it can be hard to determine where to start. The learning and development team does a great job of trying to set you off on the right path though.

HubSpot Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review and for being an engineer at HubSpot, we are lucky to have you. I think your feedback on feeling overwhelmed at the start is important, both to encourage our team to continue to keep an eye on that with new folks, but also for new folks to realize they aren't alone on that front, so thanks for calling it out! I also love you feel Creative Opinion and that everyone's voice here matters-it's mission critical that folks feel that way, so it brings me great joy that you do. Thank you for your thoughtful review and for all you do for HubSpot! -Katie

2. "Culture is the secret ingredient!"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer II in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is incredibly transparent and everyone working has a ton of autonomy to do their best work and still solve for the business. So many opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

We have some growing pains and there can be a lot of changes till we figure out the org and team structure that works the best.

3. "A company that truly cares"

Current Employee - Senior HRIS Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Leadership is authentic - Team members are supportive and innovative - Company is adaptable on absolutely everything - HubSpot's response to COVID and the recent racial injustice movements has been nothing short of amazing

Cons

- Not necessarily a con, but more of a warning. In a high growth tech company, you need to be able to "turn off" otherwise burnout is a real thing. HubSpot gives you the autonomy/opportunity to turn off, you just need to remember to take it!

4. "Most amazing culture I've ever experienced"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

unlimited vacation, supportive, transparent leadership

Cons

HubSpot lacks diversity in leadership.

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Great product, culture and leadership

Cons

Constant change, if you can even call that a con

6. COVID-19

"Lives Up To The Hype"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

HubSpot has a fantastic reputation that is well-deserved. Having worked at a few companies (both in and out of the tech space) prior to coming to HubSpot, I can truly say I hope to never leave. A few standouts for me: - Transparency. From the C-Suite down, everyone at HubSpot is open to sharing information, collecting and actioning feedback, and owning up to growth opportunities. - Customers. As a CSM, much of my time is spent working directly with HubSpot. My customers are fun and challenging to work with, and I've grown as a consultant in my time here. - Work-Life Balance. I'm encouraged to take time when I need to, and leadership practices what they preach here. It's helpful to see everyone take time when they need it, as that reinforces the intention behind benefits like unlimited vacation. - COVID-19 Response. You can't leave a review in 2020 without mentioning COVID, right? The support leadership has shown through thoughtful programs, WFH reimbursement, and flexibility has been next level.

Cons

Internal mobility within the CSM org can feel rigid at times.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Inbound Success Coach in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Amazing work culture with unlimited paid leave. They focus on productivity not hours worked

Cons

None I can think of

8. "Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Culture. This company truly cares about their employees and it shows with their generous benefits, community oriented daily events, and overall camaraderie. HubSpot fosters growth and works with you to succeed.

Cons

In the first few months hired, it can be a bit overwhelming with the amount of resources and orgs available to you. However, your teams want you to succeed so don't hesitate asking for guidance and tips on getting organized when starting.

9. "Ok experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great career potential. Fast-paced and exciting. Learning opportunity

Cons

Misalignment between managers expectations and reps expectations

10. COVID-19

"Lucky to be here!"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at HubSpot for 3 years and so grateful for my experience here. Pre-Covid when we were in the office every day, I thrived in the culture and loved the dynamic of the workplace, as well as the autonomy. I was a little nervous when we all started working from home, but I've been so pleasantly surprised at how mindful and amazing our leadership team has been. From all the precautions they took right away, to how quickly they have been able to adapt and shift given the circumstances, to the fact that no matter what our well being has been top of mind. I'm really excited about the new remote options, and grateful for the flex option that is being provided.

Cons

The main con being in sales is the monthly quota vs. a quarterly quota. Monthly adds a lot of additional stress to an already high paced role.

Continue reading