HubSpot Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

207.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=HubSpot~227605
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HubSpot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

The investment in culture is real

Jul 20, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined HubSpot, I wondered if the marketing around their culture was real... a healthy skepticism I maintained for probably my first whole year. Now that I've been there for a while, I can attest that it is indeed real and everyone works hard to hold the bar high. I really like how we keep the focus on customer impact & spend less time trying to emulate competition or react to short term market trends. The focus on the customer also makes it easy to make the hard internal decisions - we do whats best for customer when at all possible. As for how they take care of employees, I specifically like how they do consistent employee net promoter scores and then review as a management team (director and above) to take action on any pain we find.

Cons

There are sometimes competing priorities that make it hard to know what's ideal to focus on. If we're launching a new Hub, is it important to grow that Hub or more important to make the rest of the platform (5 hubs) more valuable? Some leaders would say the latter, but rate you on the former. Probably just life in the big city, but a single unified go to market engine can create fiction with an org that serves 4+ personas with 5+ hubs in 7 major markets spread across Small / Mid / Corp segments. Whew!

20 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

I am so sorry, I'm not sure how I missed this this summer, so I apologize. Thank you for being a VP with us and for this thoughtful review. In particular, I like your note on the competing priorities (I feel it too!) and your push on us staying involved and invested--you have my word that isn't changing! Thank you for making the time to write this and for being a valued senior leader at HubSpot! Sincerely, Katie

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Company

May 17, 2022 - Inbound Success Coach in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and great people to work with!

Cons

Job is not that fun

3. 3.0

A good thing going sour

Apr 13, 2022 - Customer Facing Role
    Business Outlook

Pros

Badass tool and some really good people

Cons

HubSpot prides itself on a happy-go-lucky culture but the insidious contrary of this hyper-positive atmosphere is low pay by industry standards, low pay increases with any internal mobility shifts and ridiculously high demands from individual contributors. A lot of us are young and diverse hires who do not realize this is unfair treatment. All of the equity work is done with a focus on keeping white people comfortable and does not focus on truly leveling the playing field for diverse employees, especially if they may have been discriminated against in their past jobs (which is often the case). The managers are experts at delivering bad news in a corporate-speak, overly optimistic manner with little to no actual empathy for people’s day to day responsibilities (which are innumerable). Specifically with a lack of understanding that raising quotas only means paying their employee even less. If you are not smiling with cameras on, you run the risk of ‘not being a team player’ even if 90% of internal meetings could be done over email. This isn’t overtly expressed, but is definitely implied. Additionally, most of these meetings are just regurgitations of the same ‘go sports!’ mentality- we have to win! compete! grind!- that does not resonate with the employees who are simply looking to do quality work at a human pace. This emphasizes quantity-over-quality interactions and erodes at the delicate trust we have with our customers because they feel we’re only focused on an up sell or potential future upsell.

26 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

This review is tough to read, and I'm sorry you're having this experience with us. It's a bit hard for me to directly action the feedback because I can't tell which organization or team you work in. I understand that is likely by design as you are concerned with anonymity, which I respect, but if you're open to it, would love to hear or for you to connect with your business partner so we can assist in life-work balance, in meeting reduction, but also in moving past complacency and comfort to impact. Assuming you're in a customer facing role, we also have resources within the DI&B team focused specifically on supporting your org, so would love for you to reach out to any of us if you're comfortable doing so. Thanks for even considering this and for the feedback, hard though it is to read. -Katie

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hubspot walks the walk!

May 12, 2022 - Director in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-competitive compensation and benefits -work life balance -support for new moms -kind and dedicated co-workers

Cons

-can still feel like a startup even though it is a public company

5. 5.0

Amazing Culture

May 12, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just as advertised, the culture is amazing. Everyday I'm surprised at a new initiative, program, all-hands, etc where HubSpot leadership is showing that they care. Examples: - rolling out pay-transparency - DEI initiatives - weekly and monthly zoom events/classes for fun (sustainable cocktail class), self-improvement (Rethinking Resilience), social-justice (Bystander Intervention), etc. And team members support / encourage each other to go to these events - it's not seen as taking time away from work, but making you a better person and employee - department level focus on reliability - and they mean it! tech debt is prioritized and addressed In addition, everyone I've interacted with has been kind, engaged, and helpful. The work is interesting. There are best practices and systems for everything.

Cons

The development / deployment pipeline is slow and long.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for being a Senior SWE with us, and for the thoughtful writeup on how we demonstrate with care with initiatives like pay transparency and Rethinking Resilience (an under-rated course if you ask me, so thanks for calling it out!). We so appreciate you building a product our customers deeply love, and I'm grateful for your feedback here, much appreciated! -Katie

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company, awesome culture

May 12, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership truly listens to their employees, transparency amongst leadership/management, top notch products to sell

Cons

Feel a bit underpaid compared to other software companies

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Extremly Low Pay

May 10, 2022 - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great office setting & culture -Great learning experience for new grads -Ok benefits

Cons

The pay is just extremely low and does not justify all the other pros. Quotas can be unrealistic especially if you have a bad market. They constantly say that they are making changes but it never results in what the employees are asking, Its like you order a cake and complain to the baker that it doesn't taste good, so they bring it to the back and bring out the same cake but change the frosting. Same results just made prettier(restructured). It seems like they through all these tiny benefits at you to justify compensation but its really is not worth a pay cut. Pretax Transit/Parking spending account? That is awesome but its not worth pay cut. Offering equity to employees doesn't help with higher cost of living and inflation. Even with the new comp plans for BDR's it still is not up to current markets, in fact, our OTE are sometimes the base salary at other companies. It's just a major red flag when that is the number one complaint across all areas of business and they do everything but increase pay to market rates.

8 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Sorry to hear your frustration and appreciate the feedback--we've made some recent changes on the promotion path side of things that I am hoping will help with BDR career growth and total comp within the first two years but understood on your feedback and will ensure our team hears it too. Sincerely, Katie

8. 5.0

great work enviroment

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work team, good enviroment

Cons

low salary, long hour journey

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback and for making the time to share your feedback with us. -Katie

9. 5.0

Great Company

May 10, 2022 - Business Systems Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome learning and growing environment with ton's of available hands to assist in every department.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for being part of our BizTech team-Company Pillar represent! Appreciate the callout on opportunities for learning and growth-thanks for calling it out and for the thoughtful feedback here. Sincerely, Katie

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Friendly, spirited, productive culture -

Apr 28, 2022 - Technical Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Good internal infrastructure for build & deploy, confidence in infrastructure teams * My experience has been one of trust between product management and engineering * Frontend tech stack is catching up a lot this year * Recent ACR and 3-year vesting made pay much more competitive * Generous vacation policy and culture of actually supporting taking time off * Solid work life balance * Smart, ambitious, kind coworkers * Transparent leadership * Remote, flex, or in-office work possible, and can switch every year * I love my manager, and most people I talk to report the same experience * Strong business - company has good prospects and financials * Internal mobility encouraged * Company walks the walk with DI&B

Cons

* Technical interview questions are extremely standardized so a lot of candidates google them. We need to invest in a more diverse pool of interview questions. * Mission occasionally feels a bit uninspiring, though not all the time. A possible side effect of "growing up", scaling to a bigger business - each team has less relative impact on the whole product than before * Poor 401k match * Engineering title inflation. Should use a level based system - too many "senior" engineers with 1 year experience

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,019 Reviews

HubSpot Reviews FAQs

HubSpot has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 2,232 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at HubSpot to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HubSpot employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HubSpot. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

91% of HubSpot employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HubSpot 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at HubSpot to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with HubSpot Job Seekers