HubSpot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HubSpot Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.4

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Waste of time. The phone screener asked 3 questions and didn't seem at all interested in the interview. Seemed like she has already made her mind up about hiring someone else and just wanted to wrap up the call asap. Definitely got the feeling from the start that I didn't have a chance.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Set up a time to interview and completely blew me off. Tried emailing, leaving a voicemail with the front desk and still nothing. Extremely unprofessional. They even said in the email "content us if you have any additional questions" but sent it via a no reply email and didn't provide any other contact info.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA).

Interview

1) Report about a dataset
    2) Skills based interview :Was supposed to be by phone, but was through Zoom with screen shared by a request at last minute.

Even though the exercises were not hard at all, I bombed the interview. I got so nervous because it was suppose to be by phone. At the last minute the interviewer change the communication channel to Zoom. Also, I was confused and got more nervous, because the request to share screens. Furthermore, there were two SQL questions, and I am usually use Notepad++, but I wasn't prepare for this setting, so I used Mac, were I did not have Note++ installed, instead of my computer with windows.

My interview experience can be described as a "series of unfortunate events". I hope they give me another chance later, though. My only feedback is to tell upfront (before the interview) that you will require to share the screen. To best of my knowledge Hubspot promotes working in an environment in which you can concentrate and perform well. I do not think my interview reflected how I would have perform in the job. Finally, it would have been easier to overcome if my first language was English, but since is my second language, situation that made me already nervous, this completely destroyed my chances.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

I applied to two different positions online and heard back from HubSpot in a few days. However, I was told in an email that the recruiter thought I'd be a better fit for a Customer Service Manager role - which I found odd since I applied for consulting jobs. I figured it wouldn't hurt talking to someone, so I went through the video interview process where I was asked a total of 3 questions - nothing difficult and very straight forward. The questions were phrased - "tell us about a time when..." or "what is your weakness...". Once I completed the video interview, I got an email from a recruiter within a couple of days asking me for my availability. About a week later, I spoke to a recruiter who seemed to just be going through the motions. Instead of acknowledging that the opportunity has shifted to another role, he automatically went into asking questions and asking me if I had question. I wanted to know more about the CSM role, as well as why this was picked for me vs. the other positions I applied for. I was told that even though the roles were posted, they are on hold until further notice, and possibly October. So it seemed to me that they just wanted to fill this role without consideration of what the applicant may be interested in or what they applied to. I felt like the recruiter felt annoyed that I inquired about the position and asked for the reason for the switched roles. The interview questions were easy and straightforward - I honestly felt like he wasn't even listening or cared about my answers because he sounded like a machine going through a queue of questions. To be honest, after my first couple minutes on the phone with the recruiter, I wasn't very impressed with his representation of HubSpot. It felt very arrogant, rushed, and "better than you" attitude. My experience was well above the role for which I was interviewing for and I knew that I would not be interested in proceeding further. It's too bad that walking away from this experience I have a negative outlook on HubSpot and the interview process (hopefully, I was just unlucky in getting the recruiter that I did).

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Mar 9, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Hi there - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I'm disappointed to hear about your experience. It sounds like we missed the mark on a few things, including taking the time to ... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA).

Interview

Over the phone screening, followed by in person interviews with a few different people in the organization. They wanted a basis of behavioral information and conversation on the phone, then in person the managers decided to ask more personal style questions.

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Thanks for your review and your positive feedback - welcome to HubSpot! -Becky

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

First round, met with someone from marketing department on campus. All questions were behavioral.
    In the second interview there is a marketing case study along with more behavioral questions. The second round was at the Hubspot office with all of the other candidates for the position.

Inbound Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HubSpot in February 2017.

Interview

first round video interview, second round phone interview. The interviewer was terrible. After I passed the video interview, she asked to schedule a phone interview with me. I really wanted this position and I prepared over 10 hours for this interview. Then she called me and before asking me any interview question, she told me I wasn't qualified for this position because of my graduation date. Why didn't you just send me an email before the interview if you knew I wasn't qualified??? You have to schedule an interview just to tell me I'm not qualified? Just because I'm a senior, I'm not qualified for the intern position? I had a high expectation for the company and I wasted so much time and effort on this. I thought HubSpot was a great company but their HR people disappointed me. My interviewer also has a bad attitude. If you want to reject me, just send me an email. Don't schedule a phone interview and waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Explain Inbound Marketing
      What's your marketing superpower
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with several online/phone interviews/ Everyone was super positive and engaged. They did a lot of research and asked important questions. I really enjoyed my experience interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Mar 9, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, and best of luck in your future career endeavors! -Becky

Inbound Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Three rounds - call with recruiter, call with Sales Manager, and in person interviews with a few people on the sales team (Inbound Sales Coordinator & Sr. Manager of BDR's). Super straightforward interview process if you are prepared and willing to show you've researched the company and position. Be ready to explain why sales, why sales at HubSpot, why inbound marketing, what you know about inbound marketing, challenges in group settings, biggest accomplishments, strengths, weaknesses, and why sales is a good career path for you.

In person interviews were casual and conversational which was great - they make you feel really comfortable!! Love the HubSpot team and the interview process was transparent.

Interview Questions

• What will the most challenging part of a sales career for you?   1 Answer

Mar 15, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Thanks for the positive review, and welcome to the team! Glad to have you on board. -Becky

Inbound Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HubSpot in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a one-way video interview where you're given 30 seconds to prepare and one minute to respond to 5 questions. This was unnatural but the resources they give you are helpful.

About a two weeks later I heard back about a phone interview, which I scheduled for later that week. This was also fairly standard but laid-back, and you're given a lot more information about the role.

Over two weeks later I heard about an in-person (or Skype) interview. There are three half hour interviews, which were fine and relaxed, but if you don't prepare you'll quickly come off that way.

All of the communication I had with my application manager was fine up until the interview, at which point the decision was delayed for over two weeks, and I was told many different times that I would hear. I know that things happen in a business that take priority, but it didn't look great for a company that prides itself on a pleasant interview process with plenty of communication and transparency. I also have seen other reviews where plenty of feedback is offered after each interview stage, and I didn't receive any of that.

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Hi there - thanks for your review and I'm sorry that your interview experience did not meet your (or our) expectations. I do know that the decision process was stalled on our marketing internships as ... More