HubSpot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HubSpot Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2018

3.3

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Overall, I'm really disappointed in the HubSpot interview process. I'd heard great things about HubSpot, but the way my interviews have been handled have made me reconsider joining the company. I've now interviewed three times, and each separate interviewer has been at least 15 minutes late to our discussions. Once connected, they have all been vague about the role I applied for, then have ultimately described it in a way that is different from its description. They've also asked me to fill the role within days of interviewing for the first time.

Pleasant enough people, but the lack of transparency and professionalism has been disappointing. In its Culture Code, HubSpot emphasizes transparency and "using good judgment"...it was disheartening to feel that they did not embody their own values for a prospective team member.

Jan 7, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Hi there, thanks for submitting a review and I'm really sorry to hear that we let you down in your experience. If you can shoot me a note regarding the role you applied for and the timing I will more... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

A long process with multiple rounds that were all equally challenging. It started with a phone screen with a recruiter, then moved on to a 1 on 1 phone call with a BDR Manager. After that there was a role play with a different BDR manager, which was followed up by a tour of the office and 4 in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you taught yourself recently?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing about yourself that is not on your resume?   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate that you are a motivated individual?   Answer Question

Content Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

I had several phone and video interviews across the content team. People were friendly, and seemed enthusiastic about their roles. In the end they said I was a strong candidate but I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Think of someone who doesn't like you. What are three things that person would say about you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Employees handled themselves very unprofessionally in their written communications, tried to call at off hours, and asked for salary requirements in the first screening call. The entire process was very secretive.

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Chief People Officer

This is concerning--thanks for sharing the feedback--if you have a moment and are comfortable doing so, can you send me your feedback on email with more detail on the process here so I can dig in... More

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Didn't make it past the phone screens--easy questions but I was thrown off by how much background noise there was on the call and it was hard to concentrate on what they were asking. The recruiter was nice but kept making "uh-huh" noises in the middle of my answers so the interview felt very rushed. Seems like a good company but a mutually bad fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with another team to get results   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Hmm, sorry to hear that--our open office plan definitely means some background noise, but it shouldn't be fully distracting--my apologies it was less than stellar as an overall experience. -Katie

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

There was one phone interview, two skill interviews, and then three final interviews with managers. I was out of state during this process and everyone was extremely accommodating and willing to hold the interviews virtually. The interviews ranged from very casual to difficult questions regarding skill and personality. Overall, the process was positive and all the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference to you between talking with a real person on the phone and talking with a support bot?   Answer Question

Remote Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HubSpot (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied for the role sometime after christmas and I also had two internal referrals as well. I received confirmation that I would be having a phone interview about 2 weeks after I had initially applied for the role. I was very excited about this potential opportunity as I felt my resume matched each criteria they had asked for. The phone interview went very well and I was informed I would be hearing back either Tusday or Wednesday for a follow-up. Early Tuesday morning I received an email stating I was not a good match and they would be pursing other canidates. I was very shocked and surprised at this out come so I asked for constructive feedback to help me better understand where I may have gone wrong. I never received any response from the initial email and I am very disappointed with this outcome. My suggestion is it would be helpful for contructive feedback to be given when it is asked. I will not know how to fix where I fall short if I dont have a good understanding. Overall I am very disappointed as I feel this would be an amazing company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what you did at your last company and current company?

What do you feel your greatest achievement is in your career?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Thanks so much for the feedback, and for interviewing with HubSpot for such a critical position for us. I chatted with the recruiter on this role and he said he wrote back to you based on your... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Originally met with a recruiter at a Hubspot event who had encouraged me to apply. Process includes a phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with a BDR manager, sales role play with sales manager, and a final onsite interview. Received an offer two days following on site interview. Office is beautiful, culture is unmatched, and all the interviews were really conversational and I felt as though I really connected with everyone I had met during the process.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

An employee contacted me encouraging me to apply. I spoke to two recruiters by phone. The second recruiter set up two separate phone screens with hiring managers. I was told I would be a "great fit." I agreed to spend 5 hours interviewing in person. I got a call the next with the interview results.

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Feb 19, 2018 – Chief People Officer

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the end result here, particularly given that you were recommended by another employee. We hope you'll stay in touch with us, really appreciate your feedback... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

I was contacted over the summer by a HubSpot recruiter who talked me through the company and then asked me to apply online, and submit a coding challenge. I submitted the coding challenge a couple weeks later, sent a notification to the recruiter, and waited for a response. I didn't do the best on the coding challenge, but I feel like I should have at least been notified of a response that I've been rejected or no longer considered, especially after multiple calls. It's been over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge on technical topics I was unfamiliar with   Answer Question

Dec 21, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Hi there - thanks for submitting a review and I'm so sorry you didn't receive the follow up you deserved. I appreciate the feedback and will attribute this one to getting lost in the shuffle, which... More