HubSpot Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,374 of over 1.4K interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

I submitted an application and then received a message on LinkedIn from the recruiter a couple days later but before my application was reviewed, which was nice surprise. We set up an initial call a couple days after that. At the end of the call, she informed me that I'd be moving to a phone interview with the hiring manager, which we then scheduled for the following week. At the end of that call, she provided a lay of the land of the process should interviews continue to go well. A series of video interviews were then scheduled as the next step. From there, I was given an assessment to complete and then had a final interview with a team member/direct report to the role. Each person I met was awesome. It was clear that they believed in HubSpot's mission and embodied HEART, leaving me more excited after each conversation. The entire process took about 3 weeks and I wouldn't change anything about it. What stood out most was the proactivity and responsiveness of the communication and the thoroughness throughout. I also loved that there was intentionality in ensuring that the interview panel was diverse in multiple ways, which enabled me to see myself in HubSpot but also provided a holistic view of the role. The assessment was somewhat intense but so appreciated because it allowed you to offer a potential solution to a problem that you may come up against in your role, and the feedback given provided a glimpse into whether or not you were on the right track in your thinking. In the end, it was very well worth it. HubSpot is a great place to be!

Interview Questions
  • Please share a time when you used data to solve a complex problem or roll out an initiative for your team. What data points were referenced and what was the outcome?
    Answer Question
12 people found this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

okay I usually don't do this but it's important to call out the level of hypocrisy that I experienced during my brief contact with the company. There are a lot of posts here that share my experience so I am doing nothing more but probably just validating their outcries. The SAME: Phone conversation with the recruiter. We discussed what I was looking for, what their company values are, how transparent and open their culture is yada yada yada. And then they said I seem like a good fit so I was sent a link to their coding challenge (Yes, it's the same one that everyone got here. Scheduling problem where you have to get availability dates from GET endpoint and post dates where most people can attend a conference on country by country basis.) Solved the challenge in under their required time. Uploaded my code and then the status in my candidate portal was updated as "Success! You're all set, we'll be in touch soon." And then of course no points for guessing what happened next. Nobody touched base after that and even after my constant follow ups they never got back to me. I even specifically asked for a feedback irrespective of whether or not they were moving forward with my application. I have had worse companies who don't put on a false display giving me better feedback than this. Hubspot just doesn't seem to care. Why would you ask people to spend 3 hours solving a challenge when you won't even reach back to them ever. It's a utter waste of time and resources. If you want to do that, do it by all means but stop pretending to have deeply thought core values. I am not even making this up, this is how they claim to operate: humble empathetic adaptable remarkable transparent I don't know if you can read the irony there but it's called H.E.A.R.T ... I mean... anyway

Interview Questions
  • Get dates where people can attend an event. Find max attendance by date in each country Post the response to another endpoint.
36 people found this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Recruiters are the first impression applicants get about a business when they apply, and mine was underwhelming. My first round was moved earlier by 2 days to accomodate the recruiter last minute, who then went silent for a few weeks. She was distracted on the call and got my first name wrong twice, which was frustrating. I wasnt even confident she was actually aware of who I was at one point. The second round with the hiring manager was pleasent, but he was very much of the attitude that you must impress him on the call and as such there was no explaination of the opportunity or why it would benefit me. I pulled my application after that call, the vibe just wasnt right for me. They have many great reviews for their extras like food and office, but witnessing their staff directly recently it appeared they are stretched thin and tired, and the overall experience didnt match expectations.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in your spare time. Explain something to me you are passionate about. How do you juggle multiple priorities.

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

The interview process was very human focused. I had one phone call with the recruiter. I had a technical interview to test analytic skills and an in person interview with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to creatively solve a problem

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

I applied through a post on a job board and received an email to set up a call from a recruiter a few days later. I had a mini interview with the recruiter and thereafter the recruiter set up a call with the legal team. I had a two hour interview with four different people. The interview was fine but I receiving conflicting information from each of the interviewers regarding the role. Further, I had an issue with the recruiter and the lack of communication . After reviewing other posts on Glassdoor, I noticed the recruiters other applicants had provided more support. I did not experience this. The recruiter did not provide me with any support and I was the one who had to contact her two times before I received a reply after the interview. I did receive a reply about a week later and she offered to provide me with feedback regarding my interview but I have yet to receive that as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

The interview at HubSpot is pretty straight forward, it begins with an online coding challenge that I think is very realistic to day-to-day jobs at a full time job. After completing and submitting your code, you'll talk to a recruiter and set up an on-site interview that consists of a few rounds of technical discussions and talk with a manager.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode style questions, a design question, and a coding challenge.
2 people found this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Such a long process and the environment is so intimidating. I thought overall just wasn't a positive experience in the slightest and the HR person was so nice and friendly but seems it ended there for friendly people.

Interview Questions
  • Something along the lines of what three things do you think are most important and what would happen if they were taken away?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Berlin)

Interview

Was contacted by mail regarding an interview and after weeks of delay HR interviewed me over a zoom audio call which only happened after I contacted the HR on LinkedIn and reminded them. No specific feedback was provided in the rejection mail.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubSpot (New York, NY)

Interview

Honestly, I shouldn't have done a take home assessment on principle. It had a 3 hour time limit to build a rest api reader and writer, with a overly complex event scheduling puzzle to solve on top of it. To say the least, it was obnoxious time suck that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HubSpot

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot

Interview

Process focuses on several parts: Telephone - check cv, skills and sales process, Hiring Manager, Role Play - Hunting qualification and review, Panel Behavioral with Sales Director and 2 Hiring Managers

Interview Questions
  • How are your targets like? How is the average deal you sell? How is your sales process like?

HubSpot

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot in May 2021

Interview

From start to finish the whole process was very positive and one of the best interview experiences I’ve ever had. The first point of contact was from HR. From the beginning she was so welcoming, warm & helpful and was always there for support when I needed it. This initial call was chatting about my CV, experience and some general questions. If you are successfully put into the next round, you will be sent some prep work and access to the HubSpot platform. After this you will have a technical screening interview with a manager, in this you will be asked some questions about the software, you will give a product demo/ role play and will be asked some general questions about the company etc. I found this to be a great way of interviewing potential candidates for customer support because you can really demonstrate your skills and attributes that you can bring to the role & team. I would recommend using the software and checking out all features before this part of the interview as it will give you further confidence in the product. The manager that I had for this part of the interview was very friendly and very easy to talk with, it didn’t feel like a grilling or stressful interview which can sometimes be the case within a technical screening. After this, you have the last part of the onboarding process which is three back to back interviews with three different managers, each interview lasting around 30 minutes. Each interview tested different attributes and skills needed for customer support. Again every manager that I spoke with was incredibly friendly and made me feel really comfortable during the interviews. The whole interview experience for me was a lot of fun (not something I say often about interviews) and I really enjoyed speaking with everyone. It was refreshing to see that every person I encountered throughout the process really embodied the culture & values that HubSpot promotes.

Interview Questions
  • What made you apply for this role in HubSpot?
  • General situational questions regarding Customer Support.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,374 Interviews