KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Entire company is a scam, stay away

Dec 30, 2015 - Outbound Marketer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They hire everybody Company trip to Mexico You'll meet a lot of other young guys who are stuck in the same position as you.

Cons

Where to even begin? So for anyone reading this first off you need to understand these 4 and 5 star reviews are all fake and this company does a really good job at monitoring it's online presence. Secondly everything about this company is a lie. They lie during the interview about the job, they teach you how to lie to unsuspecting homeowners, and the best performers are simply the best liars who know how to scam people. The "marketers" get $100 a day to work and they have bonuses for daily/weekly/monthly goals on how many appointments you can make. I wouldn't call it marketing though, you're simply a door to door solicitor. They did have the retail teams too, where they stick you at a kiosk right before the exit inside a BJ's where instead of knocking on homeowners doors to bother them you stop them as they're done shopping to try and get them to sign up for a free estimate. The hours are long and if you have a long commute be ready for 12+ hour work days. They force you to work weekends and want you to essentially give up your entire life for the job. You don't get overtime and if you do the math you're making far less than minimum wage for the time spent. There's no professionalism whatsoever. You ride around in dirty vans with other young, white, guys who are either fresh out of college or simply have no other options. DUIs are common and honestly I think you'll be hired as long as you have a pulse. The turnover rate is absurd, they run interviews daily and hire new people, sometimes 5-6 new hires at a time, because every day people get fed up and quit or move on. I was there for 6 months and I saw almost half the office leave and be replaced.

Continue reading
    173 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing perks

Sep 28, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant - Team Leader in Frederick, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

*fun work environment Higher ups actually care about the employees Work-life balance Compensation Benefits

Cons

On call schedule can be inconvenient at times Communication with leadership could be better at times

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

“Are people really this happy all the time?”

Sep 27, 2022 - Remodeling Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The headline, has been a continuous question asked when new hires join the team — and I was one of those new hires. Right away, you are drawn into a contagious environment where you want to be your best self. And everyone else seems to feel the same way — so how long does this honeymoon phase last, right? Well, it’s not a phase and truth be told, it’s something you have to learn for yourself. Power does so much more than offer a safe, fun, workplace. They invest in their communities through charity events like ALSF and they invest in their people through summits like the Power Womens Initiative, the Veterans Initiative, even leadership combines to help people take that next step in their career, and that’s just to name a few. My personal favorite upside to working at Power though, is that they continuously work at making this place better to work at every single day — “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it” just isn’t a thing around here; it’s more like “if it can improve, let’s do it” — and I love that.

Cons

As a woman in this industry, we are a minority in our offices. Sometimes it can feel like a boys club and especially when you’re new, you just want to fit in. However, Power does want to bring in more women, so with more time and more hires my only con (hopefully) will be no more!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Power Home Remodeling.

Power Home Remodeling Photos

+ Add Photo
Power Home Remodeling photo of: Don't Think, Just Jump
Power Home Remodeling photo of: As Power's first in-person Women's Summit since 2019, Nashville was the perfect city for a reunion.
Power Home Remodeling photo of: Co-CEO, Asher Raphael celebrated how far Power's Women's Initiative has come and our future plans.
Power Home Remodeling photo of: Two key leaders of the Power Women's Initiative kick off the summit with a motivating speech.
Power Home Remodeling photo of: Some inspiring female leaders shared their insights and struggles in a thought-provoking panel.
Power Home Remodeling photo of: A Summit attendee shares her own Power experience during the audience discussion section.
Power Home Remodeling photo of: Power women take a quick break from saving the world to strike a pose.

Power Home Remodeling Job Seekers Also Viewed