Procore Technologies - Yes.. It is that good.. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Yes.. It is that good.."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company gives you everything you need to be a happy employee AND MORE.

Almost all team members, especially managers and leaders, have an extremely positive and welcoming attitude about them. This alone makes going to work everyday not feel so much like work.

Tooey (CEO) along with all the other leaders are extremely sharp, friendly and approachable. Leadership is extremely transparent and makes an effort to make sure all employees, no matter how low on the totem pole, know what is going on at the company and what the goals are. For example, a few months after getting started in engineering, the CTO sits down and has a lunch with you and a few other of the recent new hires and answers questions and openly listens to any concerns you have.

Leadership seems to care extremely about providing the absolute best possible product and being extremely ethical and fair in everything the company does.

Leadership and management never seems to get stuck in their current ways of doing things. They are always looking for advice and ways to improve. A new employee could start on day 1 and leaders would listen to any ideas for improvement.

There are entire teams of people dedicated to making sure you have everything you need to be productive and happy at work. There is a dynamite facilities team, an amazing food and beverage team and then extremely attentive and quick enablement managers that make sure you have it all.

Lots of people around Santa Barbara have labeled Procore as "Brocore"... Once you get on campus and start working, this label does not ring true. The company is diverse and there are many strong people from all backgrounds.

Work life balance really depends on your individual department and team (just about like everywhere else)... I am fortunate enough to have a team that everyone shows and puts in 40 SOLID hours of productive work and goes home.

And the BIGGEST pro of Procore, is the opportunity for career growth. Procore is all about making you better and letting you follow your interests. Lots of people get hired for a certain position, then decide they want to grow into an entirely different position and Procore completely supports it. Start off as a QA and want to become a Software Engineer at some point? It happens, and Procore has your back.

Cons

There is only one female on the executive leadership team. I am sure the company realizes that they need to start getting more females in there. (I am a male and I am saying this.)

Unlimited PTO can be bad... Some people get hurt by this due to the dynamic of their teams. Maybe add a minimum requirement of taking 3 weeks.

Advice to Management

Keep positive people, hire positive people and maintain the positive environment at Procore.

Procore Technologies Response

Sep 19, 2018 – People Team Member

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience at Procore. We are glad to hear you are happy with our people and investments. We will continue to grow in line with our values and thank you for... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Good company with good people with good intentions"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Human Beings.
    Work/Life balance is amazing.
    Leaders at the top are extremely transparent and empathetic.
    A lot of smart engineers.
    Good comp.
    My squad members are amazing.

Cons

Giving autonomy to all devs regardless of their experience results in people reinventing the wheels, inconsistency in the codebase, anti-patterns and many more.
    Maybe it's just my team, but me being the #1 contributor to all the projects of the squad ever since I joined 5 months ago doesn't seem to matter to the manager. There's a bit of favoritism towards people who are non-performant but have been at Procore and friends with the manager for quite a while, and there is no objective evaluation. Conversations and discussions are important, but they are meaningless without end product and result. But hey you can always switch teams, and I might too.

2. "Great Company, Awesome Culture, Tons of Career Growth Potential!"

Current Employee - Sales Management in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Procore for 5+ years and still find myself very fulfilled with my day-to-day. The part I enjoy most about working at Procore is the people around me and everyone's commitment to the company's success. As time goes on there are more investments being made into the employee's success, learning & development, and benefits. It has been awesome to see all the growth over the years and be a part of Procore scaling!

Cons

Growing pains associated with a hyper growth SaaS company

Discover more reviews about Procore Technologies.