Procore Technologies Reviews

4.2
Procore Technologies Founder and CEO Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Pros
Cons
  • "Procore pays within the 50-75th percentile of SaaS companies(in 71 reviews)

• "No cons that I have come across(in 27 reviews)

1. "Building quality software for the construction industry"

Current Employee - Manager, Quality Assurance in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, culture, growth and benefits

Cons

due to the hyper growth there is a lot of leadership changes

2. COVID-19

"Avoid Procore if you're looking to grow in your career"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success/Product & QA in New York, NY

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great perks/benefits ($7 daily lunch credit, gym reimbursement, great insurance, etc.) - Laid back environment (casual dress, dogs, lack of urgent deadlines or pressure from management) - Very nice offices, especially the main campus in Carpinteria

Cons

- Lack of information and clarity from management - False promises about future career opportunities - Low pay - Poor collaboration between different teams/departments

3. COVID-19

"Accept the culture will soon be dead, and trim the fat"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great product - Great mission - Great location - Great people The company touts culture, and it really does have a lot of extremely driven, smart, successful (often very junior) people. Dogs, snacks, and events (pre-covid) were very nice. If you're someone that wants to get in the trenches and figure things out for yourself, you can thrive here, as there isn't a lot of direction or oversight from upper level management, and you can pick the projects you want to work on (or don't do much of anything as many decide to do). I can't emphasize the 'not do much of anything' enough. I think these people really figured out the key of Procore. They seem so happy. Show up late, with a dog, eat the snacks, surf lunch, leave early. No promo? No worries. They're living good.

Cons

- High churn rate - Culture of resentment - Not competitive pay (or often even market rate) If you're someone that doesn't like 'doing not much of anything,' as much as it's great to get hands on experience and get in the trenches, the whole 'openness' of the company empowers people to tread on you consistently if extra effort doesn't come to fruition. If something does come to fruition, good luck getting recognized for it, and the likelihood you're rewarded in terms of compensation for extra work is very slim. As with any company that has experienced growing pains, the exact thing that made it great to work for Procore is what they're losing as they grow. The workforce has become fatigued and disgruntled to the point that touting the culture makes them collectively resent it. Often times people are paid well below their market value, but can justify it because of the culture and perks. With COVID, this is no longer the case; after IPO, I doubt it will be the case, so you're just left underpaid in a high COL area.

Continue reading
  4. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is big enough to have a wide range of employees to learn from and collaborate with. Management is big on the 3 O's and I think that matters a lot in the interviewing process to bring in the best people and in team collaborations.

Cons

Because it is a growing company, employees (especially in segments that are new or expanding) experience a lot of growing pains and lack of support in newer initiatives. Other than that, there are no cons!

"Great place to start your career"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing and there is no shortage of work to improve yourself. They truly care about their employees.

Cons

Salary leaves room to be desired. You will likely be stretched very thin. Routine company reorganizations lead confusion and mismanagement of roles.

6. "Brocore"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time

Pros

Perks, unlimited vacation, learning opportunities

Cons

lip service diversity and inclusion team, constant microaggressions

7. "Incredible Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Procore Technologies is inclusive, innovative, and drives collaboration across all factions of the business. Their culture is contagious and I love working for this company.

Cons

There are no cons here.

8. COVID-19

"Hypocritical Messaging from Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent work life balance: - Very rarely are we held to strict deadlines

Cons

Confusing Messaging: - Procore had said there was no plan for company-wide layoffs, and then they did company-wide layoffs because COVID and financial issues. They then said, we are doing fine financially and these layoffs were part of our plan for awhile. So were we lied to a few months ago? If we had no plans to do lay-offs, why are we now saying we had planned this for awhile? Values and Actions Mismatch: - We say we're a people first company, yet we did abrupt layoffs with no warning, and no manager support. When talking to managers and directors they just say they had no idea this was coming. - We also are arbitrarily doing layoffs, without considering the individuals. They got rid of PM 1 and PM 2 roles, even though some of those PMs were operating at a more senior level. We can't be people first, if we don't actually consider the people we lay off. Senior Leadership lacks Empathy

Continue reading

"Put a Microscope on the Leaders"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Procore doesn't do any basic skill audit for talent or check if people who hold leadership positions are actually qualified, you can easily fool a lot of people that you know what you are doing even if you are completely incompetent. Good for "leaders", detrimental to the organization. Lot's of right place, right time people.

Cons

-Employees get catfished by company "culture". The glitz and glam of working at a "unicorn" company and all the benefits that target eager young workers. Fast track to growth is promised up front to make up for lack of pay. -Culture will be used as a cop-out against you in the end. "Not a culture fit" can mean anything and is actually a microaggression. -Don't be fooled, growth is an ongoing challenge for leaders to comprehend here, especially if you are a woman. They are too busy holding you down underwater while they get the glory and $$. -There will be many false promises to keep you engaged and motivated, but it's all smoke in mirrors. -There is no accountability for said leaders to be influential, impactful, lead by example, make changes, take action, take responsibility, encourage growth and development for their teams. Any issues are put back on the employees to handle because managers don't know how to manage. -Do not voice concerns or complaints ever, or you'll solidify the end of your time at Procore. Once concerns are expressed, you'll be targeted as a negative, uncooperative, difficult person who doesn't deserve to be a part of the cult anymore.

"Brocore"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young startup with lots of growth potential.

Cons

Total wolf pack culture of 'new' vs. 'old' employees. Upper management has no idea what they're doing - for many this is the first tech company they've ever worked. The executive team has three sets of brothers.

Found 401 reviews