Procore Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Procore Technologies Founder and CEO Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very nice work environment and work life balance also" (in 17 reviews)

• "Lovely coworkers, open work environment along with managers who want to see you succeed" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of" (in 19 reviews)

• "There are some growing pains we're working through, but I expect that from such a rapidly growing company" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredible Company, Culture, and Product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the day I started working at Procore, I've felt welcome, engaged, and energized. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but the people and culture make coming to the office something I look forward to everyday. Procore truly lives its values of Ownership, Optimism, and Openness - visible in everything from the frequent and authentic communication from our executives to the positive and supportive attitudes of our employees. I love being be part of a team working to build a product that positively impacts the global construction industry, making it safer, more organized, and more cost effective.

Cons

Rapid growth can be a challenge, but Procore is handling it with grace and care. In areas of employee life that can get diluted at scale (e.g. learning and development, company culture), Procore has invested repeatedly. While we are certainly experiencing growing pains at this stage (manager maturity, new systems and process, etc.), I know Procore has what it takes to grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in people, no matter how big we get. When things get challenging, fall back on the values we are built as a True North.

Procore Technologies Response

Sep 19, 2018 – People Team Member

Thank you for sharing your experience at Procore. We will continue to grow and lead with our Procore values and invest in our people. Thank you for being a part of the team.

2. "Lives up to the hype!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, friendly atmosphere, motivated co-workers, beautiful campus. They really encourage a strong work/life balance and seem to practice their values of openness, optimism, and ownership at all levels.

Cons

None at the moment.

3. "Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Procore for almost 3 years now and it still continues to be one of the best places I have ever worked. What makes this company so amazing is our culture and the people who work here - it goes deeper than just the amazing perks we get. From the top down there is a solid belief in the product we are creating and that in order to make the best product we have to value our employees. It is the small things that the company does that really makes me feel like I am apart of something great and not just another cog. Things like Snow Day, the president of the company taking time to give us announcements during lunch, visiting one of our other offices and the employees their taking time out of their weekend to show you around the city. I am so proud to be apart of a company like this and it inspires me to work my hardest every single day.

Cons

The only con really is that we do suffer from some growing pains as we are scaling quickly - but if we weren't growing then we wouldn't be striving to be the best and it would probably get boring fast.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen to the feedback from your employees and contribute resources to scaling our amazing culture.

4. "Every workplace should be like this"

Current Employee - Integration Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Integration Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Procore has grown exponentially over the last very few years, but it hasn't grown out of the original culture envisioned by Tooey. All the other reviews will mention more specific perks of working here. For me, the greatest perk is that Procore really, genuinely values the individual contributor in such a way that, while of course it would be great to climb the ladder, there's really no need to get all aggressive and step on the backs of others to do it. This makes office politics virtually nonexistent. This company truly provides a place that you enjoy going to every day. I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to be part of such a (really, really, really big) family.

Cons

Not one con I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Please don't let the culture erode over time. I know you're on it though, thank you!

5. "New to Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

open office allows quick collaboration with peers. they have set up a space where it safe to ask for help and admit you are not the expert. driving results through their L&D teams and not the beat down makes every day a great experience.

Cons

high outbound call volume though customers are great so conversations are easy

Advice to Management

dont lose focus on the L&D. we love having the resource and accountability to become better people

6. "Doesn't get much better"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent culture, world class people and benefits.

Cons

Extreme growth has it's challenges, intention is there to get things right.

7. "Business Development Rep"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great company culture
    -"openess" is valued. You can talk to anyone about anything
    -snacks available all day & lunch on Wednesdays
    -room for growth

Cons

-"culture" can sometimes mean people yelling and having a good ol' time while you're on the phone and the person in the other line gets upset with the noise.
    -snack variety is limited
    -you report to one Account Executive, meaning if that relationship isn't great, your earnings go out the door.

Advice to Management

Keep the floor just slightly more professional.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate Salesforce Developer in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Salesforce Developer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks, co-workers are great.

Cons

Not much really except you can expect to make a little less than similar positions in silicon valley.

"Great company... Horribly managed Austin location for Customer Success"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great perks, happy hours, fun team, great location

Cons

Toxic management team, low morale within dept, corporate is disconnected. The high level management is only promoted because of tenure and they are running the department into the ground more and more everyday.

Advice to Management

Look out for the betterment of your team, and don't make personally fueled decisions. You fire people with no professional reasoning or supporting instances. It all starts with finding out you're not getting invites to team meetings or happy hours, then being put on a performance plans where the way to pass it is completely trivial, and has no clear steps or goals for succeeding it. What's funny is that now that I'm gone, I'm seeing the same happen to so many others, and everyone still there talks about how toxic the environment is under the two high level managers of the customer success department in Austin. I visited the Santa Barbara office on multiple instances and noticed a completely different and healthy environment, so I know that Procore as a company is incredible. I just recommend that if you're looking into an account management role, that you look elsewhere than the customer success department at Procore in Austin. Very toxic and depressing.

10. "Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Driven, friendly, fun, excellence, incredible culture

Cons

Speed of promotions slowing down