Procore Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Procore Technologies Founder & CEO Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and plenty of opportunity to progress quickly if you are willing to work hard" (in 16 reviews)

• "Very nice work environment and work life balance also" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of" (in 19 reviews)

• "There are some growing pains we're working through, but I expect that from such a rapidly growing company" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredible Company, Culture, and Product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the day I started working at Procore, I've felt welcome, engaged, and energized. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but the people and culture make coming to the office something I look forward to everyday. Procore truly lives its values of Ownership, Optimism, and Openness - visible in everything from the frequent and authentic communication from our executives to the positive and supportive attitudes of our employees. I love being be part of a team working to build a product that positively impacts the global construction industry, making it safer, more organized, and more cost effective.

Cons

Rapid growth can be a challenge, but Procore is handling it with grace and care. In areas of employee life that can get diluted at scale (e.g. learning and development, company culture), Procore has invested repeatedly. While we are certainly experiencing growing pains at this stage (manager maturity, new systems and process, etc.), I know Procore has what it takes to grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in people, no matter how big we get. When things get challenging, fall back on the values we are built as a True North.

Procore Technologies Response

Sep 19, 2018 – People Team Member

Thank you for sharing your experience at Procore. We will continue to grow and lead with our Procore values and invest in our people. Thank you for being a part of the team.

2. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at Procore Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, they encourage a good work life balance, dogs on campus, great offices and lots of free food ;)

Cons

Really none to mention from my time there

3. "Amazing Opportunity to Learn and Grow!"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Leadership
    Values are very evident in every day life
    Spectacular offices in every city we are in - they really take the time to make sure all offices feel equally loved, you won't walk into a remote office and know its a remote office - it feels like a headquarters wherever you go.

Cons

Honestly none that I can think of, I am extremely happy with everything here. Well wait, more onsite parking :) But, they also take care of this with some great shuttle services.

4. "Procore is a great, supportive company that invests into its employees."

Current Employee - Support Team Lead in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Support Team Lead in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Benefits
    Culture
    People (HR) is amazing to work with

Cons

We are growing very, very fast, and that can be exhausting and frustrating as things change constantly.

5. "Yes, Procore really is that good"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing company culture
    - Working along passionate team members
    - Office location/perks

Cons

- Shortage of parking
    - Outgrowing existing facilities

6. "Nice place to work with even better people"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time

Pros

Lovely coworkers, open work environment along with managers who want to see you succeed.

Cons

Things can be fluid, it pays to be flexible.

7. "Life at Procore"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Procore is continuously growing and changing, but the heart of the company has always been invested in making life great for those that work here.

Cons

Parking can be difficult but the company works hard to give us shuttle options.

8. "Great Place to Work, Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of collaboration between many different engineers/ideas

Friendly People, open office

Working on a huge application means a lot of different things to learn/improve on.

Cons

Non-autonomous engineers might find things a bit too open ended

Less guidance/straight forward goals so self motivation and being proactive about learning is important

9. "Actually look forward to coming into work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our product is leading the industry, we have one-of-a-kind culture, and there are lots of resources to set you up for success. C-level executives are approachable and enthusiastic about our organization. Learning and development is encouraged.

Cons

I wouldn’t call it a con, but things move quickly and you have to keep up with the growth, which is in your court ultimately. Like I said, the resources are available.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace the three Os - ownership, optimism and openness as we grow!

10. "Great Values, Great Perks, Cute Doggos!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, Procore is an AMAZING place to work. Leadership recognizes the value in developing their employees and retaining them as much as possible. Therefore, there is a lot of opportunity for internal movement. Additionally, unlike any company I've worked for, the culture is truly representative of the three company values (Openess, Ownership, and Optimism). If you work for Procore, you will get the opportunity to mold your career and work with departments that you never would at other places because everyone is a proponent of cross collaboration.

Lots of onsite Health and Beauty perks and benefits (Gym, Car Washes, Haircuts, Snacks)
    Dog-friendly Campus
    Career growth opportunities
    Leader in the industry
    Flexibility (Unlimited PTO and work variable work schedule)
    Great founding values and company vision

Cons

Not enough employee resources to support our diverse employees
    Still a lot of missing links and resources for a company this size (bonus structure, employee awards)

Overall, there are a lot of growing pains to be worked out for Procore. Sometimes the carriage is put before the horse with strategy and specifically, company-wide updates are not completely thought out and delivered before an action plan is set, a natural side affect of having an open and communicative culture.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees about budget, company performance and everything in between, but be honest about where we are with progress. Saying things like, "we will explore this idea... for [this] reason... and execute at [this] time"

Also, try being a little less reactive in executive strategy - There's a tough balance between being flexible and adaptable versus acting too quickly without giving things a chance and letting the dust settle.

Keep investing in employees with great perks and career growth - Procore has been the best place to work because there's so much flexibility and great work-life balance, enabling the opportunity for everyone to mold his or her own career path within the company and truly LOVE what they do.