Procore Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Procore Technologies Founder & CEO Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No cons, the internship experience was helpful (in 16 reviews)

• Also the company is growing so rapidly that it's hard to keep up with who is who and what everyone does (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time

Pros

Highly passionate people, management that is open to feedback, great market position

Cons

Limited - great company on the whole

2. "BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - BDR in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really overwhelmed by how awesome this place is. AMAZING compensation. great perks and benefits. I love working there so much and honestly can’t imagine leaving for any other place. Great coworkers who challenge you to work hard every week. Management really go above and beyond to make sure you succeed, and I’ve never really felt like there was a gap between us. Shout out to management!

They’re also bringing a huge shipment of snow to our headquarters in Carpinteria for the holidays... no really

Cons

Not really a con but more of a warning. Procore is a great place, but this means that you have to perform accordingly. The company prides itself on being highly selective

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

"Once in a lifetime Opportunity"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Procore is one of those places where you're impressed by basically everyone you meet. I've been there for a few years, all during the hockey stick growth years, and it's been an amazing ride with tons of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility.

Cons

Procore could work on improving collaboration between remote team members and teams at HQ.

4. "Lucky to be here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time

Pros

I am extremely thankful for this company and culture. I have worked at other places and the contrast is glaring. Procore empowers, encourages, and challenges its employees to reach their best potential. Working in sales, I am confident we have the best product in the industry and all the resources needed to sell it successfully. My husband and I both work at Procore, and we are so thankful to partner with a company that we fully believe in. Thank you Procore for this opportunity.

Cons

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

5. "Dream Job"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is truly amazing and if you ever interview here you will see it right away. I can go on and on about this company but it all comes down to the culture!

Cons

I can not think of any cons. No company is perfect but I can't think of anything that would keep me from working at Procore.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and listen to your employees.

6. "BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - BDR in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company in the world

Cons

Literally no cons at Procore

Advice to Management

None

7. "Growing pains, but a good company"

Current Employee - Senior Sof in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sof in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Hands down the best thing is working on the Carpinteria bluffs.
    - The compensation is good.
    - There's a lot of fantastic people at Procore, some of them very smart.

Cons

- Entitlement runs high
    - Although a lot of misc perks, they haven't taken care of the basic stuff like room to work, quiet space, enough toilets to use, enough car spots
    - R&D is not very user-centric; there's cowboys in engineering who would rather not do what is difficult in spite of hurting users
    - A lot of processes belong to a smaller company
    - Does not allow remote work
    - The R&D department building looks like a designer watched Mr. Robot and based everything on the image of shadows, hoodies, and energy drinks. People need natural light, even programmers.

Advice to Management

Beware the brogrammers talking ideologically about the way their computer systems ought to be. We (like all companies) survive on positive user outcomes.

Figure out information and problem domains; the vast majority of communications I receive do not affect nor interest me and it costs us money for me to figure that out by reading them all.

"Best place I'll ever work."

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Procore is a truly unique place. It's a very collaborative and open environment. Coworkers and teams are dedicated to doing their best and it shows. The executive team is highly approachable and open to feedback. Amazing perks for a mid-sized company as well.

Cons

Like any company that grew literally overnight, there are a lot of processes and teams that are still scaling. However management is hyper aware of growing pains and dedicating to scaling the organization while maintaining an awesome culture of openness and collaboration. Despite their current size it still feels like a 300 person company in many respects.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company lunches, ocean view, dog friendly, good benefits

Cons

Procore used to hire the best and get out of the way to let them succeed, but now has decided to micro manage every aspect of daily life and the sales cycle. Mandatory hours, ZERO work life balance have now become the norm. Sad after such a great culture from years ago. The company value of "ownership" is no longer allowed in the sales org as they have now tried to implement controls on everything.

Quotas are no longer attainable and commission/salary are no longer competitive.

Advice to Management

Let the great people you hired do their jobs, get out of their way and they will exceed expectations. Middle management is in a tough position, managing discontent with their reports and upper management that is no longer in touch with reality.

Procore Technologies Response

Nov 22, 2017 – EVP of Sales

Thank you for your feedback. As a growing company, we will continue to face challenges and changes, but want to ensure our employees are always able to voice feedback. Please feel free to share your... More

"Mid Market AE"

Former Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good product and brand awereness. Most people are dedicated to creating a positive work environement. Passionate CEO and exec leadership.

Cons

Big talk if "culture" however no true sense of commraderie. Becomming much more challenging to hit your quota. Micromannaging from mid level management

Advice to Management

Reduce deal review frequency, become more knowledgeable of competitive landscape