Procore Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Procore Technologies Founder & CEO Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche

Pros
  • Great company culture: caring about employees comes from the top (in 11 reviews)

• Perks in the office, food, drinks and dog friendly (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons, the internship experience was helpful (in 15 reviews)

• Also the company is growing so rapidly that it's hard to keep up with who is who and what everyone does (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Company In A High-Growth Trajectory"

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many companies have a "Mission Statement" full of nice-sounding ideas, but Procore is very serious about their Values, which are: Ownership, Openness, and Optimism.

During the 3-day on-boarding process, the company President and co-founder spent an hour with us explaining the founding of the company, the meaning of these values in more detail, and that everyone from the leadership on down, is empowered to identify issues and fix them, without waiting for permission. This is *not* a "centralized command-and-control" kind of company; rather, Procore emphasizes good communication and decentralized decision-making by the people closest to the best information needed to make good decisions.

I've been part of many companies, both large and small, from early-stage startup to a well-established public company, and this is the best I've ever seen.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the people and the overall mindfulness in this company.

In addition to the above, the Procore invests tremendously into learning and development, into supporting a balanced work life, subsidized lunches, and many other amenities for employees. Finally, the HQ buildings sit on the Carpinteria bluffs, with stunning views of the ocean, and within walking distance of the shoreline.

Cons

The only thing negative I can think of is that the company is growing so quickly, that it's a challenge to keep that small company feel where you know everyone's name and have good connections.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "A culture in a league of it's own.....I can't believe this company exists and I'm part of it!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Willmar, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Willmar, MN

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CULTURE, CULTURE, CULTURE. This company values it's employees like no other. It's apparent from the moment I interviewed. the benefits are great, but the way they make you feel, like the sky is the limit and how all ideas and thoughts are considered. The president came in on day one and made a great anecdote. I'm paraphrasing here, but it went to the tune of there are many ways to do almost anything, and usually a best way to do anything, but it takes the trial and error of trying all the ways to find the best way and Procore is not afraid to try all the different ways to find the best. That.....That resonated with me immediately. Don't be afraid to make a mistake!

Cons

The need to replace the Kombucha with Vietnamese coffee in my opinion, LOL

Advice to Management

Don't stop! You know you have something special here and run with it, like you are. I'm proud to call myself an employee at Procore. Thank you!

"Startup times 10. Be aware before approaching us."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

-High prestige startup: getting well known in SF/the valley. $1B+ valuation unicorn
    -Most perks given by a single company in SB county... period.

Cons

Below are not "cons".... just be aware before you jump in or start pestering me or other Procore employees for a job.

The company feel is a tech startup... times 10. Since there are many hired straight out of school/UCSB (cheaper and easy to mold), be sure to be well read about the "disadvantages of working at a startup" before jumping in (google around). Good articles available on jobhero, monster, etc.
    Qualities of a startup that Procore definitely has:
    (1) Looks very cool on the outside/social media. But the long list of "perks" are not free. There is a very high bar for expectations to perform. Questionable job security across much of the company. (dogs, lunches, and strong health package all come with a catch)
    (2) Very long hours and unspoken competition. Claims that there are lots of opportunities for growth... which will require alot of time/stamina to keep up or be ahead . Everyone is smart, so your performance must be very "extraordinary" to move up. Many departments seem to classify performance binary: either not performing/needs improvement or extraordinary performance. Pressure is high.
    (3) Roles are sometimes undefined and change fast. No guidance on new projects: you must figure it out and master it on your own very quickly. (the line used is "you learn something new every day")
    (4) Cult-like, must drink the kool-aid, alot of pressure to fit in/assimilation. High number of applicants/competition to join the company means that "cultural fit" (work-life integration) is important (including but not limited to: SoCal, surfer, UCSB/greek alumni). An unspoken pressure towards work life integration, not work life balance (majority of employee roommates and friends outside of work are their coworkers). Therefore, being in a strong click is critical. Life outside of work/coworkers may be questionable.
    (4) Those that joined before VC funding always talk about the good ol' days. They seem to enjoy better job security.

Advice to Management

You are doing great at meeting your VC goals.

5. "Nothing compares to life at Procore"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Procore is hands down the best place I have ever worked. At first, the perks can be a bit blinding: unlimited PTO, great medical benefits, free food everywhere, exercise classes, some dog-friendly offices, a strong learning and development program, and so much more.

And then, once you move past the initial shock of the amazing perks, you see that the whole company is full of people and leadership who are dedicated to the values of Openness, Optimism, and Ownership. It is like by some outside force, the best people in the world decided to get together and work. It is often said the hardest thing about work is people, but at Procore, the people make everything 10000x easier.

Then you go a step further and realize that you are affecting one of the largest industries in the world, and therefore the lives of many individuals. It is inspiring to think that the work you do helps save a person in the construction field so much time and stress, and that they then get spend that time home with their families or focusing on other aspects. Procore's product affects people, communities, and the literal growth of the world.

100% recommend.

Cons

Of course, every company has bumps. Procore's might be the incredible growth that leads to constant changes. It is definitely an environment that not everyone appreciates. But that also means the chance to share your input when the changes come up, having a direct impact on the growth of an amazing company.

6. "Procore is the dream destination for anyone looking to be valued as an employee"

Current Employee - Data Research Specialist in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Data Research Specialist in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

amazing benefits, creativity is encouraged, people are kind, people work really hard, the company is hugely successful, it is a dog friendly job, there is always room for growth within the company and growth/promotions are encouraged.

Cons

certain departments can be extremely competitive..but is this necessarily a bad thing?

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

7. "The Best Job You Will Ever Have."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent management, opportunity, culture, coworkers, compensation, benefits, and offices. It's refreshing to work with a company that is determined to change an entire industry.

Cons

There are some growing pains here and there, but nothing that isn't ironed out very quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep. It. Up.

8. "Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I'm challenged daily and i get to work with amazing clients everyday!
    - Clients love our product because it makes their lives easier, so it's already a win
    - Company culture is great - I feel like I can ask for help from anyone, and/or they would direct me to someone/resources with the answer
    -My coworkers are truly the coolest people that exist
    - I need to make more non Procore friends!

Cons

I like my coworkers too much

I need to make more non Procore friends!

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The autonomy and openness which management uses to enable their employees is unmatched. The positive work environment makes coming to work to do an innately difficult job worthwhile.

Cons

The company is getting so much positive attention that the talent pool applying and coming to work for Procore can make promotions seem daunting. Still a lot of room for growth, you just are up against the best and the brightest.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive energy, openness and sense of autonomy as we continue to scale, done a great job so far, don't stop!

"Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Sales in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Exceptional people & Culture
    - Product solves real problems for our clients
    - Massive market opportunity
    - Execs & Leaders are invested in growth of the team
    - Strong commitment to L&D across the org

Cons

- Speed of growth makes communication challenging

Advice to Management

- Continue investing in communication programs
    - Keep raising the bar on candidate quality
    - Keep developing paths for IC's to progress into leadership
    - Make sure Managers/Leaders are comfortable firing when necessary

11. "Great culture, growing very fast."

Current Employee - Sales in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, a lot of strong backing and executive staff.

Cons

A majority of mid level managers are new to management, growing pains.

Advice to Management

A bit more privacy in the office, the open floor plan can be distracting.