Procore Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Procore Technologies

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Procore through Hired.com. I talked to the recruiter and she gave a lot of great information about the company and the roles and people they were looking for. After that, I spoke with a director of engineering who I would be working for. We had a talk about my experiences and why I was interested in Procore and how I had heard of them. He gave me more information about how the engineering teams are set up and what they work on. The director was really friendly and put me at ease. It gave me the impression that it's an open, friendly, and kind culture. After that, I moved on to the next step which was a remote pair programming exercise with a senior backend Rails engineer. He also immediately put me at ease so I didn't feel nervous and we worked through the problem together. I didn't really feel like I was being tested at all. Whenever I would get stuck, he never made me feel stupid but gave great suggestions. I ultimately didn't end up solving the problem but it was still really fun and he definitely made me feel reassured that I did a good job talking through the problem.

After that, I moved onto the final step, the on-site. Procore really took care of me- prepared me with lots of information beforehand like who I was going to meet, what my interview day was going to look like, paid for my flight, hotel, all travel expenses.

When I got there, I was given a tour of the campus which is stunning- ocean views, tons of happy, friendly dogs and people. The main interview process was split up into 4 interviews. The first was a panel interview where several members of different roles (frontend, QA, director, engineering manager, and senior backend engineers) were in a conference room and asked me questions about my experience based on my resume. Normally I would be extremely nervous but everyone was so friendly and kind that it felt like we were friends having a conversation. The next round was an architecture-based interview with a pair of engineers, and the round after that was an API-based interview with a pair of engineers. Neither interview involved any actual coding- it was purely discussion with the optional use of a whiteboard. The exercise was actually really fun and I enjoyed it a lot. The final round of the day was with the director where he discussed the core values of Procore and answered any final questions I had. Overall, I walked away feeling comfortable and absolutely loving the culture and people I met. What was especially unique to me was seeing so many women in high leadership positions in engineering which I hadn't seen very much in Silicon Valley and how much Procore invests in, values, and develops each of their employees.

I got an offer bright and early the morning after and accepted it! It was the best company I had interviewed for. They honestly blew the competition out of the water, no pun intended.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Procore?   1 Answer

Javascript Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 rounds:
    1. 1 hour google hangout session with a front-end engineer from Procore
    2. 5 hour on-site interview with several people (code pairing session, lunch, leadership, architecture)

Interview Questions

• Q: Write a search function for an array of strings without using RegEx.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

One of the best interviewing experiences so far. Bummed out by the outcome.

After speaking with recruiters, spoke with one of the senior Engg members office for a technical phone screen. Very pleasant and helpful. We were able to pair program a problem and come up a solution.
    Onsite was a bunch of behavioral + product + 2 technical sessions. (One design and the other was problem solving)
    This was for Austin location. Some of the interviewers were based in California so some of the sessions were conducted via zoom meeting.

Got some feedback post interview but wasn't entirely helpful. Oh well....

Beautiful office, well planned recruitment process. Their travel company is awesome! And the people I met with were smart and helpful. Would love to try again.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions listed on the link provided by the recruiter.
      Very common occurrence in the most of the interview questions listed on glassdoor   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Amazing interview process. The interview process was incredibly smooth, and everyone I met along the way was extremely helpful and responsive, really a testament to the quality of people here.

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter found me and messaged me on Linkedin and set up a 30 minute intro phone call. He was very friendly, and I enjoyed our chat. He asked some questions about my current job, and also answered some questions I had about about Procore (I had never heard of them) and the Santa Barbara area.

After that, I was asked to have a 30 minute phone interview with a couple of engineering managers. This consisted of some more in depth questions about the technologies I had worked with. They asked me a lot of questions about comparing ruby with java (which I am currently working in). They also asked me about some of my opinions on TDD, and other aspects of coding. They were very friendly the entire time, and I never really felt like I was being drilled like with other interviews I have had.

The next round was a remote coding challenge where I got to pair with a senior engineer on a really fun code challenge over google hangouts. There were a suite of Rspec tests, and I was tasked with making them pass, as well as talking through my thought process. Although I didn't completely finish the problem, I had a lot of fun pairing with the engineer.

2 days later, I received an email saying that they were going to fly me in from across the country for an in person interview! Procore paid for my flights, hotels, and even rented me a car. I had never been to the area before, and the drive from LAX to Carpinteria was so gorgeous I really didn't want it to end!

After spending the night at a very nice hotel in Carpinteria, I showed up about 10 minutes early to my interview, and signed in on the ipad. Right on time, the recruiter showed up and gave me a tour of the campus. The place is really beautiful, just like in the pictures. The first interview was a panel introduction, with all of the people who I would be interviewing with later. I told them about how I got into software, and answered a bunch of general questions about my background. It was really nice that they did this, so that I didn't have to repeat my story to everyone individually later.

There were 5 or 6 different interviews, including a code pairing (I was presented with a suite of Rspec tests to pass), architecture (whiteboard a software version of a popular board game), and some behavioral stuff about how well I work with teams. I also got to have lunch with the whole panel, which was really fun. They were all really funny, and easy to get along with.

After the last one, the recruiter walked me out to my car, and we chatted a bit about moving to the area. Turns out he had recently moved there too, so he was really helpful. I left the interview really loving the culture at Procore, and hoping that I would get to work with all the great people who I met that day.

The next morning as I was driving back to the airport, the recruiter contacted me and offered me the job! All in all, I have never seen such a smooth recruiting process, which is designed around making the applicant feel comfortable, and actually WANT to work there. I never had to wait more than a day or two after each round to hear back. I absolutely can't wait to move out there and start my new job next month!!

Interview Questions

• whiteboard a software version of a popular board game.   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you fixed a problem at work before anyone else found out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • code challenge having to do with scoring a popular sport.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied via Glassdoor and was reached out by the by the hiring manager for a quick 30 min screening interview. An online coding interview came afterwards and then the onsite interview.

This was my best interview experience I've ever had. Everyone was super nice and professional. The interview started with a campus tour followed by the actual interview with the engineers. Then a one hour lunch break with the entire interviewees.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a <popular board game> (high level)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procore Technologies.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got a response within a day or two for a phone interview. They asked about my experiences, skills, and background. A week later, they interview you on their campus and get to know you.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you had to solve?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied. The recruiter reached out after couple of days. We talked on the phone Friday afternoon. She did not seem interested from the beginning. She started with 'Do you have any questions for me?', which is wired at the beginning of an introductory call. I asked my questions (I always have many questions about the things that interest me!) And then she asked one more question; 'Give me a high level overview of your background.' To me it looked like she did not know what she is doing. She sounded very inexperienced and uninterested. Anyways, I got an email Monday 8:30 am in which she let me know that she talked to the team and that the team decided I wouldn't be a good match.
    My resume matches the job posting perfectly. It would have made sense if they had interviewed me and rejected me because I am not a good match. But looking at my resume, you would think I am the best match for that job. So I asked her what was the reason. She ignored my email. Second email. No answer. Now, I am 100% sure that she does not know what she is doing, and I thought anyone about to apply for this position should know that.

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

1) First started with a HR phone screen
    2) Then a Manager phone screen
    3) Followed by a Google Hangout Peer Programming using JavaScript
    4) On-site interview with potential team

Overall the interview experience was amazing. Hands down the best interview experience ever! The Procore campus looks more like a resort!

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a simple phone interview, which mainly involved questions about my career goals and reason for applying for the position. The second round was a simple pair coding exercise with a Procore engineer. I was able to ask questions and was encouraged to talk through my thought process while coding.

The third round was a campus visit which involved a panel interview, an architecture portion, another pair coding session, and two short culture and leadership interviews with engineering managers. It was a lengthy process, but I enjoyed the entire visit and felt extremely comfortable speaking with everyone I met. The atmosphere at Procore is very laid back and I was excited to move on to each new session. This was one of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • How would you architect (very high-level and no code necessary) the game of Monopoly? Talk through your thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, CA).

Interview

Everyone was really kind and approachable during all the interviews. They made me feel comfortable and were helpful about every question I had. The process took around a month and consisted of three rounds of interviews. The last round included a technical interview which tested web development knowledge, learning process and goals achieved.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in one of your projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question