Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

Sep 14, 2020 - Regional Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Performance based, growth opportunities, great market share across a lot of divisions

Cons

Culture is mostly great but can be blindly driven by need to perform, sacrificing logic and reasoning

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

May 3, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment for their employees.

Cons

Nothing really stands out as a particular con.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Like joining a cult

Apr 9, 2021 - R&D Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having Stryker on your CV can help you get a higher salary and better work conditions at another company. I did work with some great people, although most of them burned out and left (careerists/politicians tend to get most of the promotions, not the people who actually do their job well). I did gain a lot of experience and I learned a lot there, but it came at a price (salary and health).

Cons

Cult-like atmosphere, which I attribute to the Gallup personality test (yes, you need to pass a personality test to work there!). The reason for all of the high ratings is they hire a large proportion of new grads who don’t know it can be different and are easier to brainwash. Everyone always smiles and talks about how “great” it is at the “Stryker family”, and seem oblivious to the toxic management, cutthroat environment, poor work-life balance, and below average pay (after working there almost 4 years with no advancement prospects, a local company recruited me with a 60% pay raise and title bump, and then promoted me again one year later... if only I had known my worth earlier!). Managers manipulate their employees to sacrifice their health and personal life for project, telling them how “lucky” they are to be there... oh, and you better be there for happy hour, or you’ll quickly become an outcast. So in retrospect, it really feels like I left a cult.

8 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Stryker.