KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible place to work, violations of your rights and humanity I worked there four years

Oct 1, 2014 - Subway Sandwich Artist in Lantana, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get free subs, some stores are super stingy about this, all you can drink soda, get paid weekly, get a few bucks in tips, schedule is flexible, fresh bread smell is great, you can get paid up to 8.50 dollars (last I checked) by completing some online work (they drag their feet on this hard)

Cons

Wow. Where to start. They steal your hours for one, always keep you receipts and times. They tend to round down your hours. I did the math and they tried to cheat me 5 hours once! Next, they try and skip around your time and a half. If you work more than forty hours that's over time. They try to get around that by issuing two pay checks, one forty hours and the next one will be your excess hours. They put too much work on the individual, the individual is supposed to do the same work as two or there people! And get paid minimum wage! Guess what? If you're not fast enough and are closing they simply won't pay you for that "extra" time you took. If you get a caring manager she'll be out the door soon enough. They demand unrealistic expectations and punish those who don't meet them, they'll soon run her down to the ground. If you were on the register and money is "missing" it comes out of your check. Something like a couple of bucks, that's part of them nickling and diming you to death. And do you get extra money for when it's over? Ha. You pay for your own uniform....forever. I worked there 4 years and I never did not have my uniform fee taken out of my check. I only got a couple of shirts and hats the entire time. 960 dollars for two shirts and hats. Wow. YOU ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO SIT DOWN. Not even to eat. Forget lunch breaks, you don't get lunch breaks. We complained about this, and were told to eat in the dining room, but if we ever tried it we were told to go back to work. Because of their terrible ways they have a huge turn around causing a lot of chaos and disorganization, They will get down on their hands and knees to beg you to come in for a 60 hour work week but if something important comes up in YOUR life they talk down to you about how "unprofessional" you are being. That's part of their carrot and stick training. they like to tell you, work hard work super hard and you might be manager one day! When first of all, it says so right on your application, they do not like to hire from within. Second of all, the abuse you have to take far out weighs the rewards, and thirdly, that abuse does not end when you make manager. What really happens after you sacrifice your time and strenuous labor until your feet bleed is they learn you are easy to use, they see their work horse who will take the beatings. They truly look down on the workers. Our manager was so cheap and uncaring, the oven mitts had holes worn through them, right where the hot metal trays touch the fabric. So how are we supposed to take out super hot trays of bread? Oh well, figure it out! Unpaid Store meetings. Amazing. Making employees come in extra early/on their days off for whatever morale killer you want to inflict that day. What do you want to blame on us today? Not enough customers coming through the door? Lights too flickery? The oven not baking bread fast enough? Their most heinous action is preying on young women, namely pregnant girls. They pick the most vulnerable people so they have to stick with these abuses. Look at your subway, notice they are overwhelmingly female? These kids don't know their rights either and don't know what to expect in the work place. Subway taught me to take abuse and devalue myself.

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Customer Service Rep.

Jul 5, 2022 - Sandwich Artist in Princeton Junction, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good employers

Cons

Good food, and great taste in sandwiches

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

A Good beginner job for a teenager

Jul 6, 2022 - Subway Sandwich Artist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The responsibilities are easy for a beginner job

Cons

Its repetetive once you start to get used to working at subway

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Subway.

Subway Photos

+ Add Photo
Subway photo of: Inside a typical SUBWAY restaurant in Dawson, Texas.  (Photo attributed to Cxshawx - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 & GFDL, version 1.2)
Subway photo of: I work at Subway.
Subway photo of: Lifeless.
Subway photo of: Cool
Subway photo of: Subway sandwich shop adjacent to Johns Island dentist Stono Dental Care
Subway photo of: 3 Foot Party Sub