Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.7

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Simple. The manager called me in, asked me about my experience working with food, did I have a Serve Safe certificate, and a few questions about my availability. I filled out a form testing my basic math skills and was told I would receive a call back to schedule me in since the work week starts on Wednesday. Got the call on Tuesday and started Wednesday.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

I applied online Monday night, got a call a Tuesday morning, scheduled the interview for Wednesday morning. Manager asked a bunch of questions and scenarios, was told to apply at gas station online to run background check since the subway is inside a gas station. Once that clears, I should be good to go :)

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult customer not satisfied with order   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was a very brief process. The assistant manager sat down with me in the dining area and we spoke about different things, but nothing too much related to the job I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informal, barely asked questions mostly talked. Asked about my previous work experience and how many hours I'd want to work. Talked about having to work weekends and asked if I was ok with closing. I applied Monday, got a call Tuesday and scheduled interview for Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Did I have previous job experience?   1 Answer
    • How many hours would I be able to work a week   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

Hardly asked any questions. Did not feel like a hardcore interview. Was conducted in the subway restaurant. Was very easy an low pressure especially given it was my first job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in the food service industry?   1 Answer

Sandwhich Artist Interview

Interview

I applied for subway and got a text from the manger 2 days later, yes a text. I applied for a subway a few blocks from me and she made me go 30 minutes away for the interview. When I showed up she wasn't there yet so I had to wait. She came in and asked some guy that was there if he was for the interview. I stood up and said I was. She kinda looked disappointed after. During the interview she was very nice though. But she talked A LOT about random stuff. She told me it was great I had no experience because that means she can make me her own perfect employee. And then she told me there was a good chance I'd get the job and I'd get a call the next day around noon. I texted her the next day asking about it and she ignored my text. No denial text or email. But no acceptance either. One thing I liked though is she owns 5 stores and at those 5 stores the pay was 10.50 an hour.

Interview Questions

• what's a sandwich artist to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The owner of the store called me and questioned me about availability and set up a time to meet his manager. Interviewed the next day and was offered a position via phone that evening. Job was OK but very unprofessional. Too many personal questions. Owner chewed me out excessively over mistake in procedure during an inspection after only working there for a little over two weeks. One coworker was extremely careless about leaving the safe unlocked. Several times I walked in back to find the back door wide open just 10 feet from the desk with the safe pull sitting unattended on the desk. Really?!

Interview Questions

• Are you married?   1 Answer
    • Can you text me your SSN so I can get you in my system?   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely unprofessional. The manager was eating lunch during the interview. She asked only one or two personal questions like why do you want this job. The rest were just things on my application so it was very easy to answer. Told me she would call on Sunday if I got the job. She called Monday night so I guess I was last choice. All in all it is a franchise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Marion, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Waited 20 minutes for the manager/owner to even show up. Asked simple questions it only lasted 5 minutes. Basically the subway I applied for is very slow and I would have been working by myself and 4 hour shifts. I declined after finding out that.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied online. Then 4 days later went in to ask the manager what the status of my job application was. He said he hadn't looked at the application but he would and he would give me a call. 2 days later he gave me a call and set up an interview for the next day. I went in then got hired on the spot. The interview process was very simple and not as professional as most interviews which made it less stressful.