Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,101 Interview Reviews

1.7

Sandwhich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Very short. All about availability. Was told I'd get a call back in a week. They called and asked for me to come for "Second interview" it was just paperwork. I had already worked for subway before.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

I talked with the owner for a brief 5 - 10 minutes. She asked simple, personal questions then told me about the job and what tasks I would be expected to perform. She then asked when I could start and the schedule planning went from there.

Interview Questions

• When are you available or not available to work?   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

Fairly easy interview process, sat down with one of the managers and went over the job requirements, my background and my goals with the company. Questions were fairly standard for the position.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Subway (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and the next day I called to check to make sure they got it (calling is the key). When I called the lady said that she would leave a note on the desk of the hiring manager. The hiring manager got back to me the same day.

Tour Guide Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy. Having personality and confidence is key. I was hired on the spot. There is a drug test screening before you actually get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway in July 2017.

Interview

The application and interview process was very simple. I applied online on July 25th and got the job a week and a few days later. As for the interview questions, there is no reason to worry because the questions are not hard at all.

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Summerville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy, I was hired on the spot just after a couple questions and filled out some paperwork. The interview was held at the dining area, and the manager was pretty laid back and casual. You can dress casually but it's best to still look nice and neat. They aren't looking for experience or any particular skills other than being friendly and willing to learn. Overall, probably the most simple interview I've been through.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (El Paso, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day to set up an interview, was interviewed the following day by a manager. Was interviewed at a different Subway restaurant than the one(s) that had openings. The manager told me Subway's moto is to 'fire fast, hire slow'. He told me he would make a decision by the next day, but this was not true, or else he was reluctant to tell me I didn't get the job. I called the next day and the day after that; the next day he said he hadn't made a decision yet and that I could call again the following day, and the following day he wasn't there and another employee took down a message and promised the manager would call media back. He didn't and I sort of got the message that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your last job? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you observed another employee do something unethical, and how you reacted.   Answer Question
    • Who are you as a person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Subway (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was hired by the wife of a husband/wife franchise team. She asked me 2 or 3 simple questions. I told her my EDD was almost up. (BIG MISTAKE!) She seemed very austere and told me to go home and look over a sandwich worksheet she gave me and study everything on it. I had 1 1/2 days to study it. I came back that Friday and passed it. She then assigned me to work for her husband and said i'd be working at the Merle Haggard store as soon as I was trained.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Subway?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway in June 2017.

Interview

Applied in person 2 weeks before getting the interview. Went for the interview and explained my school schedule since I would be working during school. The manager told be that she has had issues with people abusing her kindness for phoning in and not showing up for days. She said she would only accept a doctor's note if employee needed the day off. All she asked was about availability.
    I was offered a second interview but declined because I got a better job that worked with my schedule.