"The Worst Company in the World"

1.0
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a desk. And a chair. Nice coworkers to work with.

Cons

Working at this company wears you down little by little every day until you begin to value your self worth. Upper management should be utterly ashamed of themselves that they have created such a destructive and unhappy workplace for so many people based on fear and blame. They offer no development opportunities at all and the "change" in job titles is usually in name only with the actual job not changing whatsoever. To even get a promotion, the statistic system used is completely flawed, with no transparency about how to achieve good scores and constantly changing targets (which I'm pretty sure is illegal). The below-inflation pay raises are equally ridiculous - effectively taking a pay cut after a year of working hard is far from rewarding. Getting a bonus was just as hard - receiving just one negative feedback on a job wiping it out completely. I have never met anyone in the company that actual likes working there, which is not a good long-term business model. When I spoke to someone in my new office, they mentioned that they sometimes use translation agencies. I asked which ones and they said SDL and TransPerfect - guess which one I told them not to use anymore?

Continue reading
  1. "Big Things For Those Willing To Work Hard & Stay The Course"

5.0

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time

Pros

Opportunities abound for those who bet on themselves, consistently execute their efforts, and keep their eye on the big picture. If you're truly an uber competitive person with thick skin and growth mindset, you can succeed here in an environment where new opportunities always arise for the top performers who do the right things day in & day out.

Cons

If you expect things to be handed to you for just showing up, then this is not the place for you. The environment rewards those who bet on themselves and put the extra work in - so if you just want to clock in & clock out then this may not be the best fit for you.

2. "Overall"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at TransPerfect part-time

Pros

Flexible work situation, dynamic, team oriented

Cons

Slow corporate hierarchy that creates an unhappy environment

Discover more reviews about TransPerfect.