TransPerfect - The Worst Company in the World | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TransPerfect

"The Worst Company in the World"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a desk.
And a chair.
Nice coworkers to work with.

Cons

Working at this company wears you down little by little every day until you begin to value your self worth. Upper management should be utterly ashamed of themselves that they have created such a destructive and unhappy workplace for so many people based on fear and blame.

They offer no development opportunities at all and the "change" in job titles is usually in name only with the actual job not changing whatsoever. To even get a promotion, the statistic system used is completely flawed, with no transparency about how to achieve good scores and constantly changing targets (which I'm pretty sure is illegal).

The below-inflation pay raises are equally ridiculous - effectively taking a pay cut after a year of working hard is far from rewarding. Getting a bonus was just as hard - receiving just one negative feedback on a job wiping it out completely.

I have never met anyone in the company that actual likes working there, which is not a good long-term business model. When I spoke to someone in my new office, they mentioned that they sometimes use translation agencies. I asked which ones and they said SDL and TransPerfect - guess which one I told them not to use anymore?

Advice to Management

Learn to value staff, even slightly more. Stop putting fake reviews online.

Other Employee Reviews for TransPerfect

"Very negative work environment."

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, I have nothing good to say about them

Cons

Cheap, badly managed, with terrible culture

Advice to Management

Wake up and take management classes

"Absurd turnover rate."

Former Employee - Administrative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centrally located office in mid-town Manhattan. No other pros, really. This is not a good company to work for.

Cons

No long-term thinking whatsoever, there's no future at TransPerfect. This company does not value their employees. The staff is not a valued resource at TransPerfect. If you're not happy it's not their problem. Anyone can fill your seat, at any time. 60-70 h work weeks are considered "light" and 80-90 is more like "normal". But don't think you'll get paid a big, fat salary for this work. The starting salary is at the looower end of entry-level and for the hours you are expected/forced to put in, the compensation is ridiculous. Salary increases are low/non-existent and completely at the whim of the owners.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the bigger picture, not just the fast cash.