KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TransPerfect Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2021

Found 1,286 of over 1,693 reviews

3.1
TransPerfect President and CEO Phil Shawe (no image)
Phil Shawe
Pros
  • "Very easy-going work environment, easy work, lenient management(in 51 reviews)

• "Great people and work environment(in 46 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Underpaid for the amount of work and long hours(in 96 reviews)

• "heavy workload so little work-life balance(in 92 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TransPerfect and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is an ok job

Aug 2, 2021 - Incident Response Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

18 dollar is very good good considering they don't have much pre requirements Super basic data entry job everyone has their own cubicle

Cons

The Incident response analyst job is project based, so if they have a project you'll work but if they don't which is more likely you need to find another job for yourself.

2. 4.0

Great Career Building Experience

Jul 22, 2021 - Director, Strategic Accounts in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to learn all aspects of a business. I've learned skills here that have significantly helped me in my career and leadership is always there to support you.

Cons

The hierarchy of pay is tricky. You have to be at the company about 4 years to see a significant pay jump. Products mostly sell themselves though so if you have a good work ethic you can hit your goals.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good entry level sales job

Aug 2, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start in tech sales. Job is what you make of it and there are plenty of opportunities

Cons

Tough to get a solid footing but good leadership at the office level and young managers are abundant

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Learning Experience, Not for Me

Jul 6, 2021 - Project Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned how to multi-task extremely well, I could handle any kind of crisis, I greatly admired my managers who were incredibly intelligent problem solvers, the company has fun opportunities and parties

Cons

I felt left out on my team, the people that were in my office often left my out. My role was extremely stressful to the point that it was not worth it for me, I was always under a lot of pressure to find freelancers for jobs with very limited budgets and short time-lines. The hours were long and inflexible. Ultimately I quit because a policy was put in place that changed the structure of my role from salaried to hourly with a calculation that essentially added up to half the pay you get per hour for each out of over time worked. Everyone works over time as a PM and I found this policy completely against my values. You can make much more working at another company in NYC.

6 people found this review helpful

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, thank you for providing feedback to us, we are glad that you enjoyed the skills you learned here at TransPerfect. If you’d like to discuss with us on how to improve office culture, please reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate your honesty and look forward to hearing from you.

5. 1.0

Please don't work here

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I found no Pros working for them, I cannot stress enough how much you should not accept an offer from this company.

Cons

Salary, CEO, Human Resources, Management, Sales, and the list goes on.

3 people found this review helpful

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at TransPerfect. We strive to create a supportive and encouraging workplace environment for current and prospective employees. We are disappointed to see that this was not the case for you. Please contact glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to further voice your experience. We are always open to hearing about how we can improve our processes and foster continued growth.

6. 2.0

Good starter job,

Jul 22, 2021 - Project Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hires recent college grads Thrown immediately into large projects, so great experience Opportunity to grow for anyone that can stomach it

Cons

Expectation that you'll work minimum 50 hours a week Lack of transparency around salary and bonus structure High turnover, most people leave quickly Consistently more work for the department than people to do the work You will work a lot of hours in a high stress environment. Sales culture is to say yes to all clients and all budgets. It is not uncommon to work until midnight or later.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid, Avoid - Discrimination and Retaliation

Jul 8, 2021 - Jack of All Trades (Apparently)
      Business Outlook

Pros

They let you work from home sometimes, depending on your job.

Cons

Serious problem with discrimination and management playing god. My boss' boss asked me to work on a project for him, so my boss felt threatened, and screamed at me. Literally. Then gave me projects I was never hired to do, with an impossible timeline, specifically redesign their new learning management system in a month's time. Threatening my job if it wasn't done on that date. When we met online, and I was ready to show him it was done, he called HR on and fired me. I was the only female in my entire department. HR was a joke. They don't even answer their phones when you're trying to tell them you've been discriminated and retaliated against.

2 people found this review helpful

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, we are very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at TransPerfect. We strive to create a supportive and encouraging workplace environment for current and prospective employees. We are disappointed to see that this was not the case for you. Please contact glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to further voice your experience. We are always open to hearing about how we can improve our processes and foster continued growth.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jul 20, 2021 - Strategic Account Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a solid company.

Cons

There's work to do company culture could improve

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, thank you for providing feedback to us, we are glad that you enjoyed working with TransPerfect. If you’d like to discuss with us on how to improve company culture, please reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate your honesty and look forward to hearing from you.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Gateway job

Jul 25, 2021 - Project Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job is great for gaining professional skill and experience at an entry-level. The work environment is also young and fun.

Cons

Salary is kind of a joke. Hours can be long. Volume of work is valued more than quality. Not a long term position for most - turnover is high.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work Environment

Jul 17, 2021 - Web Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very easy-going environment, easy work

Cons

Underpaid for the amount of work.

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we are constantly working to improve our policies, processes and experiences for current and prospective employees alike. Please feel free to reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to discuss further your experience, we appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,286 Reviews