KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

TransPerfect Reviews

Updated Oct 27, 2021

Found 1,363 of over 1,820 reviews

3.1
TransPerfect President and CEO Phil Shawe (no image)
Phil Shawe
Pros
  • "Very easy-going work environment, easy work, lenient management(in 51 reviews)

• "Great people and work environment(in 46 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Underpaid for the amount of work and long hours(in 96 reviews)

• "heavy workload so little work-life balance(in 92 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,964

602 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TransPerfect and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for

Oct 1, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company continuously challenges you to perform better and be better. If you bring the right attitude to the job, the company invests in you and your future. Great working colleagues in a truly international environment!

Cons

Nothing to report at the moment

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working/interacting with TransPerfect and our Phoenix team. We are always working to provide a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all of our employees, prospective employees and clients alike. Should you ever wish to reach out and provide additional comments please reach out to glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate you and wish you the best.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

An ok place to work depending on what you like to do.

Oct 23, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rather not say anything here.

Cons

In my division, there is not a lot of room for growth.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overworked and Underpaid — What's new?

Oct 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can meet *some* quality people

Cons

Aside from the title of this review, there are a lot of office politics that get in the way of any significant advancement.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, went through turmoil

Oct 6, 2021 - IT Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For senior employees not directly involved in the translation process TP is a good environment. That was even before the CEO "couple" went through a legal battle. Likely TP is even better now.

Cons

The translation process relies on younger workers working long hours.

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, thank you for your feedback, we are constantly working to improve our policies, processes and experiences for current and prospective employees alike. Please feel free to reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to discuss further your experience, we appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

High effort, below average pay

Oct 10, 2021 - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone's nice and helpful. Nice place to start

Cons

Nice doesn't pay the bills

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Non-STEM international students-friendly

Sep 23, 2021 - Linguist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

FOR REFERENCE ONLY - Sponsor H1B - Nice HQ in NYC (a bonus before COVID-19) - Global relocation - Friendly colleagues - Skill training opportunities

Cons

FOR REFERENCE ONLY - Low pay - Lower compensation if relocate outside US - Micromanagement (depending on your team and manager) - High KPI pressure (depending on your team and manager) - Corporate bureaucracy

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hello there, thank you for your feedback, we are constantly working to improve our policies, processes and experiences for current and prospective employees alike. Please feel free to reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to discuss further your experience, we appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

IT Engineers beware - Low budget department with zero innovation

Oct 25, 2021 - IT Engineer in Boulder, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working remotely due to pandemic (temporary)

Cons

Terrible Infrastructure Old OSs Failed hard drives daily Weird topology with 30+ different VPNs to connect to Useless security policies that prevent you from working efficiently Three different versions of exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 Inept management Incompetent help desk Low quality company issued laptops Low budget RMM solutions that make jobs harder 20,000 alert emails a week about irrelevant stuff Obsessive focus on security that inhibits forward progress No new or exciting technology Reactive team, no innovation or leadership Boring industry Low budget department with lack of innovation

Continue reading
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good management

Sep 18, 2021 - Vietnamese Interpreter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Offering bonus for good adherence and randomly give away bonus for employees, having a proactive supervisor.

Cons

I requested a time off for a holiday 1 month or 2 weeks in advance but when day comes, they put you back in your work schedule which is unexpected. You have to check your schedule daily.

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, we are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your time working/interacting with TransPerfect and our team. We are always working to provide a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all of our employees, prospective employees and clients alike. Should you ever wish to reach out and provide additional comments please reach out to glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate you and wish you the best.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's..........meh

Oct 1, 2021 - Project Coordinator in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good Benefits - Young Casual Office - Better Training than most places - Good for Entry Level

Cons

- Pay is lower than area's average - Workload is high

Continue reading