TransPerfect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was the worst interview I have ever had. First, I received an email asking me to do a phone interview. The phone interview was standard except she kept asking me what was the minimum salary I was willing to work for, whether I was interviewing with other companies, and if I had other offers. I thought it was a little strange that she was that pushy about knowing those thing. After the phone interview, I was suppose to do an in-person interview with the director, project manager, and do a test afterwards... that's how it was explained to me by the woman from the HR. When I arrived at the company in Chicago, the director was completely rude. I tried to give him my resume and my cover letter but he didn't want it. He said, "we have everything we need." The woman with him said I could take a test first and we will do an interview afterwards. At that point, the director corrected her and said, "We'll see how you do on the test and we'll take it from there." First he suggested that I do a logic test in the waiting room where there was no desk but then he led me into the middle of a busy office floor and set me at an empty desk where I took a paper test. He then went into his office, and I never saw him again. The room was very loud since it had about 20 employees sitting all over the place at their desks. After I finished the test, the woman graded it. I guess I didn't do as well as they wanted because she said afterwards, "Thank you for coming." I said, "Are we done?" She said yes. I explained that I took a day off from work to come here expecting a professional interview. If I knew that I was going to travel all the way from Chicago and pay for parking for a 20 minute test, I would have never agreed to it. The woman in the HR lied to me about the process. She escorted me out of the door without even shaking my hand or thanking me for coming. It was the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had in my entire life. I felt completely disrespected. I never heard from them again. And if they have the nerve to email me, I will give them a piece of my mind. I have never had an interview like this. Do they realize that all of these job candidates will go to work at different companies? Companies that might be their future clients?

Interview Questions

• Nothing....there was no interview.....no questions were asked AT ALL.   Answer Question

BI Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Business Intelligence Report Developer position with Transperfect. After the first interview with the hiring manager, which went very well, the recruiter decided to proceed with the next steps only if I agreed with their target salary. It was $25k below the upper salary range that she had indicated. Before the interview, I had stated my desired rate, which was within the salary range the recruiter had indicated. I said that there wasn't a huge difference between my desired rate and the target rate, and that I would like to know more about the job position. The recruiter proceeded with insisting on requesting my salary history. After politely refusing to disclose this information, I received a cold email saying "We will not be able to move forward at this time". It was one of the most unprofessional interactions I've ever had. No one is obligated to disclose their salary history during an interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if your dashboard is running too slow? What are the steps that you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted first for a informal phone interview . Then passed on for the final in person interview at an onsite location. Was asked to meet in RTP, and the interview was in the morning. Very organized and prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

We had a Fast phone interview in the morning. The interviewer Repeated several of the questions in different ways. Interviewer spoke very very fast as well. Was hard to understand at some points

Mandarin English Bilingual Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Since they were looking for an interpreter who could start working immediately, they used phone interview only. The process was easy. The recruiter explained the benefits and salary clearly.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview

Very straight forward interview over the phone. No surprise questions or anything out of the blue. Very helpful and nice recruiter who interviewed me. Positive interview over all, only lasted around 40 minutes.

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect in May 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview was great. He explained everything very precise and through. I liked how he considered my salary requirement with hiring manager.
    The next step is language assessment. The instruction is simple and follow-ups are easy to do.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect in May 2017.

Interview

First applied through their website and a recruiter got back to me very quickly. We had a brief phone interview, he went over the role and asked me several questions about myself and why I wanted to work at TransPerfect. It was fine, but the recruiter was not a great interviewer--each question seemed disjointed and like he didn't really listen to what I was saying. I then took a test for them, and the recruiter indicated that he'd like me to come in for an in-person interview in New York. Several days later, he changed his mind and said that some managers in London wanted to do a Skype interview before the in-person interview. This was a disaster. Twenty minutes after the interview was scheduled to begin, they had still not called me, so I emailed the recruiter to reschedule. He immediately called me and said that it was his fault, that the team had asked him to push it back a half hour and he hadn't alerted me in time. I agreed to do the interview right then, and still had to wait another 15 minutes for them to call me. The interviewers could not figure out Skype (they could see me, I couldn't see them) and they asked questions that made it seem like TransPerfect was just there to exploit its employees. They grilled me about deadlines, asking me repeatedly if I ever missed deadlines in school or at work, and what I would do if I had to miss a deadline at TransPerfect. They asked me to rank my priorities in a job, and they were incredibly put off that I did not list "money" first. Honestly, I felt it went fine but at the same they gave me a negative impression of the company and I had no desire to work there. However, I did follow up with the recruiter about an in-person interview just to see if the Skype interview was an outlier, and received a very cold rejection email from him on the day I had been scheduled to come into the office.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2017.

Interview

After applying I received a interview request within a few days and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is pretty straight forward. The next step is an assessment that you are sent and given a set amount of time to complete. The assessment involves comparing two sets of documents and figuring out formatting, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. After this step you are brought to New York for an in person interview

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone call interviews before I was offered the jobs. The phone calls were very conversational and were not stressful. It was pretty much the usual standard interview question.