Cover image for Workday

Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great internship!

Feb 27, 2017 - Software Applications Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interns got to design and build their own project. Treated like a full time employee, and everyone was always willing to explain the code base / language to us. Workday is a super collaborative and supportive environment.

Cons

Just the location - wish they were in SF :/ 45 min bart ride though!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Workday headline

Mar 21, 2023 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture. Opportunity to collaborate with innovate and fun Workmates.

Cons

Too many organizational changes which made it hard to establish relationships with team members

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lack of Diversity within Senior Leadership and Transparency

Feb 14, 2023 - Talent Acquisition
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay is okay, some direct and indirect workmates are amazing people and will stand for what's right.

Cons

Lack of diversity in senior management across the business. Very small number of minority IC's within TA to include people leaders. People fear leveraging Peakon surveys for fear of retaliation from management. Many workmates feel they have no voice and it's best to hush up do your job and don't challenge. The process for recruiting minority talent across the board is really sad and slow. Most of the leaders received their roles from word a net work at Workday and NOT solely because they are the best qualified for the positions they have. Leadership, does not like the low numbers of minority/diverse talent and complain about it. When offered suggestions to do better and improve. Many leaders would argue with extreme tension/aggression but not willing to change their ways or processes. Workday places profit over it's employee's. A shame when Employee focus is claimed to be a core value. Many of my workmates lost their jobs right before the the super bowl 3% company wide. But we were able to invest millions in a ad most people I know didn't even see. Those funds could've kept my workmates employed a bit while longer.

14 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Workday.

Workday Careers

Cover image for Workday

As a company, we seek market opportunity and impact. Your job is to bring your talent, passion, and authentic self to work. We’ll take care...More

• Our Values

+ Add Photo
Workday photo of: Workday Pleasanton Office
Workday photo of: Workmate & Workdogs go hand in hand
Workday photo of: Workday Main Lobby
Workday photo of: At Workday, work-life balance is very important to us. We want to make sure your family feels like part of Workday.
Workday photo of: Our annual Workday Cangineering canned food sculpture contest
Workday photo of: Workmates spend the day packing meals for children at Kids Against Hunger
Workday photo of: Workmates volunteer in the gardens on Alcatraz Island