Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Stopped at their booth at my university's career fair and attended their info session. Was signed up for an on-campus interview. Interviewer jumped straight into UML modelling. Struggled a bit with the process as it is much broader than your typical programming questions, but my interviewer (now future manager) guided me. I made sure to communicate my thought process. He ended the interview by asking me if I had any questions.

I was invited to the final round interview in Pleasanton a day later. The experience on-site was great! It was well-organized and made me fall in love with the company and location. I had 5 back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. 4 were behavioral and got a bit repetitive but seemed to have their own purpose: 1 was about their GW program (a development program for college grads), 1 seemed focused on discussing my resume and experience, 1 seemed to gauge my culture fit, and I can't quite remember the last one. A lot of questions did overlap. The tech test was UML modelling on a white board and designed to test your thought process and OOP intuition as the interviewers expanded more and more on the problem until it actually became quite difficult. Talk through your thought process; they aren't expecting a perfect answer. I think this test is a smart way of gauging how you dealt with pressure and practical business problems versus asking you to regurgitate lines of code on how to flip a string or traverse a linked list.

I got a pretty generous offer a few days later. Mulled it over for the 3 weeks I was allotted and turned over some pretty big companies to accept it.

Great interview experience overall. I felt engaged and felt the interview was a two-way process. The recruiters were always responsive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• A ton of behavioral questions; some resume/experience questions, some culture fit. Be prepared for UML modelling and implementing/explaining fundamental OOP concepts.   1 Answer

Analyst Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I applied online and through multiple internal referrals and never heard from Workday's hiring team, which is apparently a common practice of theirs. Discourages me from applying for future positions.

Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen, Tech screen, final interview. Expect over 6 hours interviews, coding and behavioral. Overall timeframe was about 1-2 months. nvolved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the challenge you encountered and how did you go about resolving it.   Answer Question

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about the job and set up a 1 hour technical phone screen. Split evenly between technical questions and talking about the position/team/product. Was then invited to an all day onsite interview.

Sales Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

The hiring process was dragged out for a couple months. First had a phone interview, I followed up and didn't hear anything back. About a month and a half later they finally responded asking to come in for an interview I replied no answer. Another 2 weeks went by and they scheduled the interview for a few more weeks out. Finally went in for an in person interview was pretty standard they failed to follow up again. Because they dragged this out for so long I missed out on an opportunity with another position. This is highly unprofessional and just plain rude the least they could do is be straight with me. Won't be pursuing this company again it was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions regarding previous roles with a few excel questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workday (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I have been with a competitor for a number of years now and I get recruiters contacting me on multiple occasions. Every once in awhile I do make it a point to have a conversation with a recruiter from a competitor to know the marketplace and keep job changes in my back pocket. When Workday emailed me it was no different - I agreed to a meeting and scheduled it in my calendar. This is now the second time I have agreed to a meeting with Workday after being contacted and have been "stood" up. To be honest, I could not believe how unprofessional it was. No email, no call, no communication after the no show. I had to remind myself that Workday reached out to ME on numerous occasions, not the other way around. Sad to say I will never consider this organization should I decide to make a career move.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a week later an onsite interview with the team members and a technical architect. It took about 4 hours.

Software Engineer, Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workday (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was campus interview. At first, I had to briefly introduce myself. And then we went right into a simple OOP problem. Given little at the beginning, but the answer grew large as interviewers wanted me to add more features on top of it. After oop problem, interviewers asked if I had any question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

1st Round - Phone Interview - Give your background and why you're interested in the role
    2nd Round - Onsite Interview - Meeting with different teams (2 Hours) - Behavior based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you've dealt with a difficult situation, and what motivated you through it?   Answer Question

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview for Workday, and it went very smoothly. The recruiter was friendly, well-researched, intentional, and very professional. She followed up with me by providing additional information via email. Overall, I was very happy with the interview process.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

This is the second time I have interviewed with Workday and both were horrible.

Received an email for availability. I sent in my date and times and didn't hear back for several days.

The recruiter called me 15 minutes late. She immediately set the tone by saying I was a poor candidate and pointed out the reasons why. She spent nearly 30 minutes asking me short questions about my work experience and history with no personality questions. She was rude and condescending and I could not figure out why she would call me if I wasn't a good fit.

I was only able to ask two questions before she disconnected me. I tried calling back but it went to her voicemail. My guess is that she was running late for another phone call because she called me so late and spent 30 minutes asking me questions so she dropped me. I received an email from her saying she got her information no need to speak anymore.

I never heard back about timing or feedback. I found a job a week later and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Why are you even choosing Workday?
      The team works very late, are you okay with that?
      What were you getting paid at your last job?
      Give me the salary information of all the jobs you worked at.
      Have you used Workday before?
      What other ERPs have you used?
      How does Workday compare to other systems?
      Answer Question