Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Stopped at their booth at my university's career fair and attended their info session. Was signed up for an on-campus interview. Interviewer jumped straight into UML modelling. Struggled a bit with the process as it is much broader than your typical programming questions, but my interviewer (now future manager) guided me. I made sure to communicate my thought process. He ended the interview by asking me if I had any questions.

I was invited to the final round interview in Pleasanton a day later. The experience on-site was great! It was well-organized and made me fall in love with the company and location. I had 5 back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. 4 were behavioral and got a bit repetitive but seemed to have their own purpose: 1 was about their GW program (a development program for college grads), 1 seemed focused on discussing my resume and experience, 1 seemed to gauge my culture fit, and I can't quite remember the last one. A lot of questions did overlap. The tech test was UML modelling on a white board and designed to test your thought process and OOP intuition as the interviewers expanded more and more on the problem until it actually became quite difficult. Talk through your thought process; they aren't expecting a perfect answer. I think this test is a smart way of gauging how you dealt with pressure and practical business problems versus asking you to regurgitate lines of code on how to flip a string or traverse a linked list.

I got a pretty generous offer a few days later. Mulled it over for the 3 weeks I was allotted and turned over some pretty big companies to accept it.

Great interview experience overall. I felt engaged and felt the interview was a two-way process. The recruiters were always responsive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• A ton of behavioral questions; some resume/experience questions, some culture fit. Be prepared for UML modelling and implementing/explaining fundamental OOP concepts.   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workday (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was campus interview. At first, I had to briefly introduce myself. And then we went right into a simple OOP problem. Given little at the beginning, but the answer grew large as interviewers wanted me to add more features on top of it. After oop problem, interviewers asked if I had any question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

1st Round - Phone Interview - Give your background and why you're interested in the role
    2nd Round - Onsite Interview - Meeting with different teams (2 Hours) - Behavior based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you've dealt with a difficult situation, and what motivated you through it?   Answer Question

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview for Workday, and it went very smoothly. The recruiter was friendly, well-researched, intentional, and very professional. She followed up with me by providing additional information via email. Overall, I was very happy with the interview process.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

This is the second time I have interviewed with Workday and both were horrible.

Received an email for availability. I sent in my date and times and didn't hear back for several days.

The recruiter called me 15 minutes late. She immediately set the tone by saying I was a poor candidate and pointed out the reasons why. She spent nearly 30 minutes asking me short questions about my work experience and history with no personality questions. She was rude and condescending and I could not figure out why she would call me if I wasn't a good fit.

I was only able to ask two questions before she disconnected me. I tried calling back but it went to her voicemail. My guess is that she was running late for another phone call because she called me so late and spent 30 minutes asking me questions so she dropped me. I received an email from her saying she got her information no need to speak anymore.

I never heard back about timing or feedback. I found a job a week later and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Why are you even choosing Workday?
      The team works very late, are you okay with that?
      What were you getting paid at your last job?
      Give me the salary information of all the jobs you worked at.
      Have you used Workday before?
      What other ERPs have you used?
      How does Workday compare to other systems?
      Answer Question

Data Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Had two 30 min phone interviews with hiring managers. Partly technical but heavily behavioral. No in person technical interview. Offer came after 2 weeks of the first phone interview

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call saying they'd like to extend an interview to me. Initial interview was a phone screening with the HR department. Second round phone screening was with the manager I'd be working for. Final round interview was with the management team of the department.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

People are very welcoming, process is very straightforward and non-threatening. Questions are highly behavioral--they seem to care a lot about your personality and whether you would fit in there. Overall pleasant.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two over the phone interviews where they asked me to create a UML modeling relationship between given objects.
    The expectation is really vague. Even after asking questions, the expectations were unclear.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: create a UML design for a car renting company
      Interview 2: create a UML design for a zoo.
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday in January 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on the phone, who later gave me an online test, which was not related to the topic they said it would be. I never heard back after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me out for an campus interview. There were 2 people interviewing me (both grads from that campus) and the interview lasted for 1 hour roughly. They asked a couple of questions about me first before switching to OOP design related questions. The questions always involved constructing new classes or about inheritance. Specifically related to java concepts of OOP design.

Interview Questions

• given a few classes representing a school directory system, design and justify your design for OOP inheritance.   Answer Question