Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Stopped at their booth at my university's career fair and attended their info session. Was signed up for an on-campus interview. Interviewer jumped straight into UML modelling. Struggled a bit with the process as it is much broader than your typical programming questions, but my interviewer (now future manager) guided me. I made sure to communicate my thought process. He ended the interview by asking me if I had any questions.

I was invited to the final round interview in Pleasanton a day later. The experience on-site was great! It was well-organized and made me fall in love with the company and location. I had 5 back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. 4 were behavioral and got a bit repetitive but seemed to have their own purpose: 1 was about their GW program (a development program for college grads), 1 seemed focused on discussing my resume and experience, 1 seemed to gauge my culture fit, and I can't quite remember the last one. A lot of questions did overlap. The tech test was UML modelling on a white board and designed to test your thought process and OOP intuition as the interviewers expanded more and more on the problem until it actually became quite difficult. Talk through your thought process; they aren't expecting a perfect answer. I think this test is a smart way of gauging how you dealt with pressure and practical business problems versus asking you to regurgitate lines of code on how to flip a string or traverse a linked list.

I got a pretty generous offer a few days later. Mulled it over for the 3 weeks I was allotted and turned over some pretty big companies to accept it.

Great interview experience overall. I felt engaged and felt the interview was a two-way process. The recruiters were always responsive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• A ton of behavioral questions; some resume/experience questions, some culture fit. Be prepared for UML modelling and implementing/explaining fundamental OOP concepts.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after my school's career fair. It was a in person technical interview and the interviewer was very nice. went smoothly. Was contacted again by a new recruiter for second round behavioral interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

It was long delay after the interview. I waited 3 weeks to hear response from a recruiter. I got an email with no respond. That I follow up with recruiter with status and got a VM so after VM I got an email with NO job offer response.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Had an initial call with HR, when passed that screen, they required a writing test. After passing that hurdle, an onsite interview was scheduled.

I met with eight or nine tech pubs managers (in groups of two) and one writer. The process was very organized and structured. Almost too structured to the point of being rigid. It was a long day and after several interviews, the questions were becoming repetitive and started to become counterproductive. I would have rather met with three or four managers at one time to reduce the amount of time there and the frequency of repeated questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday in December 2017.

Interview

There was no interview. Arranged and confirmed date/time for phone screen and recruiter never called. I waited 15 minutes and sent a follow up email asking if the recruiter needed to reschedule. No reply. Horrible first impression of the Workday Recruiting Team.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interviewer was 20 minutes late, no big, but then rushed through the interview. I answered several language knowledge questions well, but then I stumbled on a question and her tone changed, I could tell she was done with me. She told me if she put me through to the next round I wouldn't pass, so I should study up and contact her next year when I was ready.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

One of the worst and shortest interview of my 18 years of working life. i am very disappointed by the unprofessional behaviour by workday manager on the interview call. In the first minute of the call when i asked to know more about workday as i am not aware about what the company does, the manager flipped and told me that i am not a right cultural fit and hung up. He was very rude in his tone and I have never interviewed in my 18 years experience with someone so unprofessional and unpleasant.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a school tech fair. After two weeks, I was offered a phone interview. The interview was 45 minutes long. One behavioral question and a UML design question. Workday was very responsive.

User Experience Product Manager Interview

Interview

Straightforward process, interviewed at my school after being contacted by a recruiter at a career fair. Panel interview with two product managers. First part was going over resume and experience, second part was completing their design challenge. Total interview lasted about 35 minutes.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I obtained the interview via internal reference. There were two phone screens: one from HM and another from a potential peer (manager). The onsite interview soon followed at company's HQ. One technical interview with engineers and three managerial interviews. Technical interview wasn't coding but system design and describe technical aspect of previous projects. Managerial interviews were all around how to manage a team, project delivery, and team performance.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Had a two part phone interview. The first was mostly getting to know me and some general behavioral questions. The second was a technical interview where I was asked to implement a UML diagram of Spotify.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a UML diagram of the various features of Spotify?   Answer Question