Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Stopped at their booth at my university's career fair and attended their info session. Was signed up for an on-campus interview. Interviewer jumped straight into UML modelling. Struggled a bit with the process as it is much broader than your typical programming questions, but my interviewer (now future manager) guided me. I made sure to communicate my thought process. He ended the interview by asking me if I had any questions.

I was invited to the final round interview in Pleasanton a day later. The experience on-site was great! It was well-organized and made me fall in love with the company and location. I had 5 back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. 4 were behavioral and got a bit repetitive but seemed to have their own purpose: 1 was about their GW program (a development program for college grads), 1 seemed focused on discussing my resume and experience, 1 seemed to gauge my culture fit, and I can't quite remember the last one. A lot of questions did overlap. The tech test was UML modelling on a white board and designed to test your thought process and OOP intuition as the interviewers expanded more and more on the problem until it actually became quite difficult. Talk through your thought process; they aren't expecting a perfect answer. I think this test is a smart way of gauging how you dealt with pressure and practical business problems versus asking you to regurgitate lines of code on how to flip a string or traverse a linked list.

I got a pretty generous offer a few days later. Mulled it over for the 3 weeks I was allotted and turned over some pretty big companies to accept it.

Great interview experience overall. I felt engaged and felt the interview was a two-way process. The recruiters were always responsive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• A ton of behavioral questions; some resume/experience questions, some culture fit. Be prepared for UML modelling and implementing/explaining fundamental OOP concepts.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

The process was extremely lengthy but not overly challenging. I had many interviews but they were extremely casual. The only major hurdle is a presentation but it’s mlstly to show you can speak instead of concerns about content.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Got an interview for product management due to networking at a career fair. Had a very interesting and engaging interview where I talked about projects of mine and also some analytical questions. Really gave a lot of room for me to talk about myself.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I applied for a PM role at workday. A recruiter contacted me to set up a time to chat with me. I replied with times and days that worked for me in the same week and in the following week.

I have not heard back from the recruiter since then. It has been 4 weeks. I have followed up with her twice and asked her when she would like to set up the call and no response.

I understand that the recruiters can get busy when they are dealing with multiple roles and multiple candidates for each role but once you have formally reached out to someone I think is basic courtesy and professional etiquette to inform them about the progress even if you have decided to pursue other candidates.

This reflects very badly on the company and their internal processes.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

*Writing now three months after the process* I was interviewed by 6-7 people, each interview consisting of a half an hour. Then we took lunch for an hour with the team that I would be working with; no real interview questions during lunch, just casual banter. The last two hours consisted of a design session where you would present a mock up of a feature (assigned to you prior to the interview) and they would ask questions about why this feature is important. This was the hardest part of the process. The PM's and Developers ask really tough questions about your feature. Remember that this is done on purpose. They want to see how you will react to people questioning your design and how you handle feedback. Be confident with what you created!

The questions were mostly behavioral and experience related. It is very clear they are looking for culture and team fit during this process. Workday highly values their culture and subsequently wants to make sure their employees will positively represent the brand. Now that I am on the inside, I can see why. It is an excellent company and I could not imagine myself elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite applications? If you were a PM for that app, what would you change about it?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

A couple phone screens and an on-site. Mostly behavioral questions asking for specific examples. Nothing out of the ordinary for an experienced manager.

It was good until it got to offer stage. It was a very lowball offer and although I tried to work through the process the recruiter was extremely rude and unprofessional. After some time it became obvious they were stringing me along while they were interviewing other candidates so I declined. Straight up lied to my face by claiming the team was busy offsite and later revealing that wasn’t the case.

Interview Questions

• Given 5 data records, what would you use to store them and why? (key-value, relational, document, etc)   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional Interview I have seen. This guy ask few technical questions and then jumps to "do you have any questions for me". I said I do have but seems like you are in rush.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through a referral from a friend. Just one interview that was a mix of behavioral and technical. Technical questions all had to do with optimizing a UML diagram and its relationships.

Interview Questions

• All modifying a UML. Difficult problems had to do with relationships and labels (1, 1..N, N, ...)   Answer Question

Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Dublin, CA).

Interview

It was referral from Employee, then 10 min of talk with HR.. Then 1 hour phone interview with Hiring manager.. I was brought in for 4 hour on-site interview

I was told that I would be contacted by HR within a few days, but It's been several weeks since I had onsite. HR stop responding to my emails..

Associate Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met at university career fair and they had many people representing the company. I told them what I was interested in and selected a manager I could interview with.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workday (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Was offered an interview at Grace Hopper. She asked about my resume and experience as well as some knowledge about skills listed on my resume. Then she gave me two small coding challenges and a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to calculate x^y   Answer Question
    • Given an array of random ints and an integer N, such that N is guaranteed to be larger than the size of the array, generate a random number X such that 0 < X <= N and X is not in the array   Answer Question