Employee Review

Current Intern, less than 1 year

Marketing Intern

Jan 27, 2016 - Marketing Intern in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unparalleled experience. The community manager is basically your mentor. Knowledge is unlimited in this job and can open many doors if taken seriously.

Cons

Minimal pay but expected as it is an internship.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Avp

Jun 1, 2021 - Sales Associate in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment for making friends

Cons

Management was not that good

Yelp Response

Thank you for your five-star feedback! It's awesome that you're having a positive experience overall and finding great friends among your teammates. We encourage you to keep having open and transparent conversations with your manager so we can find ways to support you best. Keep up the great work, we're glad you're on the team!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with great WLB, supportive culture, interesting projects

Jul 6, 2021 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Design leadership is on point. The design org has reached a stable place where we're taking the lead on some initiatives and making progress in areas we used to fall behind industry-wise (such as feeling like design "has a seat at the table," helping determine product direction/vision, and having a strong/consistent design language). Overall company culture and WLB is great - depends on your team but afaik we support people who want to work really hard and progress in their careers. as well as those who want to focus on other areas of their lives and be a little more laid back at work. Overall, we get to solve meaningful problems for people around us and that's pretty awesome.

Cons

Some politics (to be expected in any tech company), middle management/leadership alignment issues on the product side that sometimes makes things take longer than they should. Engineers tend to be on the younger and newer side, which has its pros and cons. Org restructuring takes place every 6 months to a year (it's gotten less frequent now). The biggest con as a designer is that our company's profitability depends on ads. That often creates conflict with product on what we should or shouldn't be building, but on the flip side it makes for some really interesting, complex problems to solve.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Yelp.