Cover image for Yelp

Current Intern, less than 1 year

Marketing Intern

Jan 27, 2016 - Marketing Intern in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unparalleled experience. The community manager is basically your mentor. Knowledge is unlimited in this job and can open many doors if taken seriously.

Cons

Minimal pay but expected as it is an internship.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good training for intro to sales role

Dec 21, 2022 - Associate Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment/culture small teams for training 3k new hire bonus if you hit goal in 6 months Every business needs advertising Low metrics for beginners

Cons

Slow ramp up Most have to start at a intro role even with sales/mgmt experience

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you've had a five-star experience so far on our team. It's especially exciting that you find our inclusive and diverse culture to be an exciting one to grow in. Our Sales Development Training is designed to help all of our folks be successful, whether they are brand new to sales or a seasoned professional. Throughout training, and beyond, folks here have the opportunity to learn important skills and techniques to lay a strong foundation for a career in sales. We appreciate your feedback and are very lucky to have you on our team!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Room for Improvement

Feb 2, 2023 - Community Ambassador in Kalamazoo, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly Care Packages Offsite budgets for meals for team calls fun team-building activities management that actually care about you as a person

Cons

Unfortunately the part time CAs are treated a bit like the "red headed step child" the CMs are often showered with carefully thought out praise, gifts and extravagant CM weeks. Many CAs feel like an after thought, and like our hard work isn't appreciated in the same way, when compared to CMs. It really has an impact on morale. People who feel appreciated will always do more than what is expected of them. I would love to see an option for part timers to opt into insurance, I would love to see a more even treatment of part timers vs full timers. many of us love yelp and feel so strongly about the values and community. It tuley hurts to feel less valued than someone who works more hours.

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for your feedback. First and foremost, we are so sorry to hear that sometimes you don't feel valued in your role. We can assure you that our leadership recognizes how hard our Community Ambassadors work and all of the amazing contributions they bring to our team! The work you are doing is so important, and we are thankful to have you on the team. Thank you for your suggestions and feedback, they ultimately help us make Yelp a better place to work for everyone, and we will pass along your suggestions to our leadership teams. We appreciate all of your hard work and look forward to many more years of growth!

Discover more reviews about Yelp.

Yelp Photos