Yelp - Marketing Intern | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Marketing Intern"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Honolulu, HI
Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Yelp as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Unparalleled experience. The community manager is basically your mentor. Knowledge is unlimited in this job and can open many doors if taken seriously.

Cons

Minimal pay but expected as it is an internship.

Advice to Management

Keep writing.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Account Executive"

I worked at Yelp full-time

Pros

The training process implemented by Yelp is amazing. They really set you up for success. All you will need is the drive and motivation to continue succeeding in this Account Executive Role. The management is extremely helpful in regards to building your career through Yelp

Cons

The initial first-year salary projections are a little hazy. The base-pay is sufficient for an entry position but the "quick" path towards a salary bump was a little deceiving in my opinion. Nothing to get upset about however.

Advice to Management

I couldn't offer any advice if I wanted to. They really cover all the bases to ensuring you a stable career at Yelp.

"True behind the Account Executive position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Yelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wish I could have more positives to say other than a job to realize what you hate in a job and would never subject yourself or a friend to do.

Cons

Looking at many of these reviews it makes me slightly mad. I worked for Yelp for little under a year and let me just say, these reviews from people that say they love it are just flat out lies. This company preys on college grads because these young people don't know better and are easily sparkled by the flashy name and "perks" of Yelp. Please don't be easily blinded. This is a straight up cold calling job. You will be micro managed to a extent that will drive you into depression. Everyday is the same thing over and over, and when you go to take your lunch or even a break you have management timing and making you feel bad for running to the bathroom or being 2 minutes late from lunch. Everyone here hates it except people begging for promotions. The pay and commission structure is the worst I've seen in any sales position offered. If you want to do sales, you can find anything better I promise. Before accepting this job I beg you to look at anything else. After 4 months you will start getting depressed, be working 45+ hours a week, and having business owners tell you how horrible a person you are. The worst is when you quit they treat you like the enemy and will make you leave that day even if you put in your two weeks. You can't say bye to anyone and you're kicked to the curb. Professional. Please just look into anything else besides this job.

Advice to Management

Have managers be older than 27 so you actually take them seriously.

Discover more reviews about Yelp.