Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yelp

2,523 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

After I applied online the recruiter quickly reached out to me. It was very organized and I received a document detailing the process at the beginning of the process. Online coding challenge and then a coding challenge with a member of the engineering team. After this would have been the final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to pair groups of people into randomized pairs, assign leftover people to pairs to make a group of three.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter reached out. Communication was very quick on their end. Went through three interviews, two of them technical, with one of those being with the manager.

Interview Questions

Interview

great interview. easy to understand and allows you to have great open communication with the interviewer. Have a positive attitude and be open to the multilevel interview process which is much needed

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Process was brief and easy. they were kind and easy to talk to first was the phone interview then there was a Skype interview after that process was over it was just the background check along with everything else that might be included

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online. Initial interview was on the phone, and it took only about 15 minutes. I received an email very shortly after applying online for an over the phone interview. Very pleasant and easy.

Yelp Account Executive Interview

Interview

I just need to get this out there because I know Yelp Managers read this like a hawk and respond to the negative feedback. Well, even though I didn't get the job and could honestly care less, I think the biggest slap to the face was the rejection email.

"We've been fortunate to have many talented and qualified candidates express their interest in joining the Yelp team. " Followed by telling me I didn't get the job.

Why express your fortune while rejecting somebody from a job they need to feed themselves and pay bills? It's like a slap in the face and some salt on the wound and is a pretty gross choice of words if you ask me.

That's all I have to say. I could care less about your fortune of high demand and more about money in my pocket. Thanks for the opportunity anyways though!

Interview Questions

• "Sell me your favorite movie and convince me why I should watch it"   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Interview

The interview was much shorter and informal than I expected. There was a lot of talk about their culture and team work. Also many personal questions instead of questions regarding experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Great interview process! A couple rounds, phone and in person round. The in person interview was first with a group, then alone. All of the questions were straightforward along with a quick role play to see how you fit the role.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences will help you in this role?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

If you’re a poc good luck they only hire white people that fit their mold even if you have 10+ years of experience take your low salary and keep it I honestly wanted to work there for the insurance and to have a little money while my business gets going definitely a complete waste of time GOOGLE IS BETTER

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online. Got a response for a relatively easy online coding test in python followed by a technical interview with a Data Scientist speaking about my CV and then going over a case.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me one machine learning model that you had to implement and the main difficulties you faced
      2. Imagine you have a feature from yelp, like the waitlist functionality. How can you measure the waiting time?
              a. What variables do you get?
              b. What model do you try?
              c. How do you see if the model is working?
              d. What are the pros and cons of using indicator variables
              e. How do you assign a monetary benefit?
      f. What happens when a subsegment of the data is not performing as well as the rest of the data?   Answer Question