Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,121 Interview Reviews

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A very attentive hiring team, with a clear understandable culture. Amazing work space and energy. Sat in the lobby met by a recruiter I had been emailing. Went through the office space and saw how everyone worked. One employee hollered at me during the walkthrough and received a stern look from the hiring manager. Met with another person I had met before to prep for the actual interview, this was confusing as I was ready to go for an interview, but it turned into a marathon, or at least a 5k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

This is a three part interview, the first stage is a phone interview which just about anyone with a sales background & is coherent should pass. The second interview is a group interview, immediately followed by a one on one interview. I was not offered a job because I do not fit into the Yelp's image/box, that's the sole reason. I have a successful track record of phone sales, yet couldn't get an entry level position where the average employee doesn't last 12 weeks, what a joke. I had a feeling this company would completely waste my time. If you are Queer,Trans, PoC...DO NOT BOTHER, IT'S A JOKE.

Interview Questions

• Role playing interview. If you meet a pizza store owner how would inform them about Yelp?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

One phone interview, one Skype interview. First phone interview was just an introductory call and to tell you about the role. The second interview was more in depth and included a role play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied via reference.
    The response was pretty prompt. Got a call scheduled in the coming week. They asked a fixed set of questions. I was able to answer them well.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you handle Objections?
      2. Tell me something you are proud of but it is not mentioned on your resume.
      3. Tell me about yourself in 4 sentences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was asking to complete a 15 minute coding challenge on HackerRank. The challenge was quite difficult due to the time constraints. I would recommend taking the time to practice challenges on HackerRank.

Interview Questions

• In an array of arrays of colors, count the number of each color and return an array with the color that appears most often.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview had three stages. One 15 minute phone interview. Second was an in person interview . Third was another phone interview. The staff all along the interview was incredibly friendly and helpful. They make you feel extremely comfortable and truly want to get to know you. During the in person interview the atmosphere was extremely inviting and instantly makes you feel at ease. You have to show initiative and be ready with a pen and paper to take notes as every information given is valuable.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

First there is a phone interview where they get to know you, your background, and get a feel for your personality.

The in persona interview starts as a group informational, a tour of the office, and then a one on one. You are allowed to dress business casual.

An additional phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by an interview with a regional rep.

One more call from the recruiter resulting in a rejection or hire.

Employee onboarding.

Interview Questions

• Imagine I'm a business owner. Sell Yelp ads to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview began with a 15 minute tour of the office, followed by watching a few videos and answering questions. The last half of the interview was a 30 minute one on one interview.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

There was three parts to the interview, the original phone interview which asks standard questions. The other two parts were via skype. Part one was in a group with a hiring rep. and th second was with a manager one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was video call with three managers all of The Who acted as the ceo but were just underpaid Neville oaks brainwashed into thinking they were changing the world. They put you through a panel of questions than they they come together and say if the candidate was a good fit for their crazy company culture than they off you a job

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sales, pitch is a news paper, blah blah blah   1 Answer