Yelp Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,793 of over 2,793.0 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Yelp

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

one initial 15 minute intro phone call, one in person interview with mock sales call (just make sure to implement the feedback they give you), and then one final phone call letting you know whether you got the job or not.

Interview Questions
  • Why Yelp? How would you describe Yelp to someone you met on the subway?
    Answer Question

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

~3 round interview process with a 3 round final interview. Challenging case study type of questions. It was strategy focused for this role so the questions were more about problem solving

Interview Questions
  • Piece of advice for the interview questions...look at the business problem from a high level but also understand how the data piece fits in
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

9m

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Tech

204.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Yelp~43314
Join the conversation on

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Thorough and challenging, got to meet with 3 different managers. Once they established that I was a fit they made an offer and I accepted. It was a fairly quick process overall.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about one time you failed at something. What did you do next?

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

There were far too many interviews for the position, particularly given the length of the in-person interview with a follow-up virtual mini-course and interview that took up additional time. Overall, it was unnecessarily long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Two interviews with team members and managers, nothing to prepare beforehand. Both interviews were online, 30 minutes each round (5 rounds in total), very pleasant experience which made impact on my decision to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yelp in May 2022

Interview

30 minute call with a recruiter (do your research about the company/they send you a list of things they will ask in an email) and a 45 min call with a hiring manager. The hiring manager spent most of the time talking about the negative things about the position and was not engaged in conversation.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with rejection? Tell me about a time when you've experienced rejection

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

I made it through the first round of interviews with the recruiter. Basic first round questions. However did not make it to a second round even though the recruiter indicated that I would be recommended.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Interview process was one call, one video call. I think anyone can get hired if you have an interactive persona and can sell. Glassdoor keeps making it impossible to use as they are asking for job reviewing and salaries every other day

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Interview was very difficult due to questions and language barriers. The questions they asked did not pertain to the job description or job requirements. Overall it was not a good interview. They should consider selecting different people to conduct the interview

Interview Questions
  • 1. Business model 2. Quite a few questions about work history that did not relate to position

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

a couple of conversations with the manager and senior it. also a talk with the recruiter. If you are able to get pass there is a ring of interviews but every one that i talked too was great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,793 Interviews

Yelp Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Yelp as 56.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.82 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Account Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Sales roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Yelp takes an average of 18 days when considering 2,911 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 19 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Yelp according to 2,911 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 39.36%