Yelp Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,643 of over 2.6K interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and fun, I actually wanted to join even more after each interview, people are so nice. The diversity in the team is so refreshing, you probably can find someone working at yelp from each country in the world. The HR is very helpful, they don't just want to get people hired, they want to make sure you get an offer that suites you.

Interview Questions
  • why do you want to join Yelp?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

The interview was a very great process! The people are very friendly. We spoke about general experiences and behavioral questions. Also we took a tour of the office. It started with an email. Communication over email. And after the communication with the email we did a phone call. The phone call was regular screening. After that I went to the office and was interviewed there. After that I waited. And then I heard back the good news

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Overall I had a very positive experience interviewing at Yelp. I was given an offer but I ended up declining for another offer but it was a very close 2nd. I was very impressed by the culture focused questions that were asked during the culture/team fit interviews. I found the questions insightful and helped me appreciate the emphasis they had on creating a positive work culture. Before I had a technical interview (using HackerRank) they sent me a practice test and told me what the focus of the interview would be on (data structures - specifically dictionaries) so I could prepare beforehand. I really appreciated this as no where else I interviewed gave me a practice test or told me the focus. It felt like Yelp wanted the interviewees to succeed by providing this support.

Interview Questions
  • What was your highest/best moment and lowest/worst at your last job.

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Typical phone screen and online portfolio review. Onsite included a: Portfolio presentation, 1-1 interview with manager, 1-1 a white boarding exercise with Project manager. The PM acted like a bit of a hot shot. Not sure if it speaks to the overall culture, but the designers were down to earth and friendly

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

1 round online assessment, 1 round virtual interview, 4 rounds of onsite interview with either BQ or System Design, ask medium questions but require clear description on the thought process. They value the process of thinking and conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Given a fixed amount of logs, retrieve the top k logs that appears most frequently. Follow up question requires the logs to be served as a steam and and API is provided to retrieve logs from last 10 minutes, you are still required to get the top k frequent logs.

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Very straight forward. Asking about your interest in a high volume cold call position. Also ask about your knowledge of Yelp, the role, and eventually will prompt for a role-play situation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

After receiving my application, prior to any interview, Yelp sent me a written assignment to complete Which consisted of 4 prompts involving writing mock emails and sock communications, scheduling fake interviews, organizing fake travel arrangements etc. (The assignment was 3 pages long). After completing the assignment, I received an email that it was being reviewed and would hear back “ASAP“. After a week I followed up, and two days a later was told that it was still under review. It has now been a total of 14 days with no response. I found this very disappointing as I spent the time to complete a rather long assignment and was told I would be contacted. Poor candidate experience!

Interview Questions
  • Never got to the interview portion, as I was ghosted after the assignment.

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

First is the application. Then there is a phone interview. From there you are invited for a second in person interview. If you do well you’ll get a job offer within a week or so.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

One on One with the sales managers in training. They would roleplay and have you try to sell them something of your choosing. Seemed like a simple process and they were just looking to hire anyone willing to make phone calls.

Interview Questions
  • They would ask your sales experience and then roleplay with you.

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in Apr 2021

Interview

Extremely slow and unprofessional. It always felt like they were not interested from the start. Interview process - round 1: hacker rank - round 2: live coding with engineer. - round 3: 4 hour final round - 1 coding, 1 system design, 2 hr. - The process was just too slow. It took 1.5 months to go through all 3 rounds. They would take 1-2 weeks to get back from each round and 1 week to just schedule the next. - Extremely unprofessional recruiter. He set up meeting for prep call 3 days before the final round and never showed up. I emailed him to reschedule and he would not reply. Then he asked me to do the prep call on the day of final interviews which was too late. This meant I was going in blind in the final interviews and had a little bit of idea because of other glassdoor reviews. - Interviewers were great! They were all attentive, involved and helpful. They asked good questions about my skills , background and enjoyed chatting with them.

Interview Questions
  • - Map and list related questions. - Leetcode easy and medium. - All the questions are practical and related to the actual challenges they face at work. - Nothing crazy in coding and all the interviewers were attentive, helpful and fun to talk with.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,643 Interviews