Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,976 Interview Reviews

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screen and then was invited onsite to meet with the team.
    The Recruiting Director openly told me that recruiting isn't her focus or passion. The director and the team let me know that the director isn't around much to lead the recruiting charge, but there if they need her. Okay. I don't need or want hand holding, but being on a team where the director is 100% invested, giving their attention, and passionate about recruiting is important. Not sure why a company would be okay with this. The team is not super diverse, If that's important to you. It will be interesting to see who they hire into this position.

I was still interested because I am such a Yelp fan and was excited about championing the brand as a recruiter. But meeting the team did drive my excitement or sell me on the role. I was already invested and had my own reasons for wanting to join.

Also, one person I interviewed with stated that he had no interesest in recruiting. So that's two people on the team, one being the director, who were not passionate about the recruiting function. Cool. After I interviewed onsite, took time from work to do this, they didn't follow up or give feedback. I followed up with them 1 week after the interview, and they said they would be in touch. Two more weeks go by and nothing. I reach out again, someone finally says they would like to schedule a call with me. I give her my availability and never hear back from her.

It's such a shame for the recruiting team to give a recruiter (or anyone) a poor candidate experience.
    Treat candidates the way you want to be treated. Follow up is very easy to do. Also, candidates should never walk away feeling like the team leader/director isn't 100% passionate about the function.
    But that's just my two cents.....

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Boolean search?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Straightforward, recruiter contacted me, the process took 2 weeks, 3 rounds of interview. First round phone screening followed by a technical phone round and a Skype round. Had a screen share with basic coding question about string manipulations etc

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Phone interview, Skype/In-person interview, offer. The process was very simple and easy. Could tell they wanted to offer everyone they interviewed.
    Hiring process was simple. Two interviews and an offer pretty simple. Recruiter was very nice during the process, but once I signed on to start working at Yelp I was like a ghost to her.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with making 60-80 cold calls per day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very streamlined. The recruiting team constantly updated me on the process. They really do undersell Yelp to you, as they want you to stay with the company long term. They really did stress that the job is hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I have stopped the interview process after taking the screening code challenges. It was a very simple question asking about a list manipulation. After the phone screening you should hear back about scheduling the date for the on site.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and it was very relaxed. I really enjoyed the person I talked to on the phone because the conversation went smoothly! I was expecting to meet with this person, but did not. The in-person interview started off as a group interview with 2 others and we watched a video explaining the job position. The recruiter would pause the video at times and asked our opinions. We then split up into one-on-one interviews. We talked one-on-one for about 30-45 minutes. It was not a natural conversation, but more of myself being nailed with questions and the interviewer being non-responsive. Some of the questions seemed a little repetitive, too. I had some questions for the interviewer that I could not get to. The interviewer then walked out of the conference room before I left, almost as though they seemed in a rush.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

get the opportunity from campus. And finished one online assessment to get the phone interview, which is very easy. And it takes a long time to schedule the phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview: some behavior questions like what do you want to work on, why yelp, tell more about your project. Got one easy question of two sum, then follow up with k sum. Did not get bug free at first, though I fixed it, still got rejected.

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process was quick and easy. One phone screening with a recruiter and after that the on-site interview at Yelp. The phone screening was quick and easy and the recruiter was really nice. I introduced myself and we ran through my resume. The on-site interview was quick and easy also. Interviewed with two people at the same time, mostly went through my resume and relevant experience. Approx 45 minutes

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and easy enough, the interviewer was very nice and actually acted interested in my answers to his question. Does a good job of making sure you understand what the job is.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that you are proud of?   Answer Question