Entertainment Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Mark Goldstein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Since EP is an employee-owned company, the hard work you put in could well be reflected in the increased value of your own stocks (in 17 reviews)

• Great company, great benefits, ESOP (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and high stress for such little pay (in 6 reviews)

• HR and Upper Management are missing the same ethical bone, it's disturbing (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Evolving is hard but worth it"

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People. Culture. Benefits. The future is bright as technology replaces manual work so the employees can focus on value added activities to serve our clients.

Cons

Silos. Lack of forward thinking and some entitled employees. Change is tough but worth it in the long run.

Advice to Management

Be transparent, trust employees with the truth, keep moving forward despite negative feedback, our clients deserve it.

"IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Willing to make changes to advance technology

Cons

Lay-offs, loss of long time knowledge

Advice to Management

Should be careful when making changes in Technology focus to "first do no harm"

"Latest changes are frustrating"

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

The core group of employees that I interact with are hard working and well intentioned. The Company is a leading in this industry.

Cons

The executive team seems out of touch with the core base of employees. I feel that Ivory Tower syndrome has kicked in and that they don't understand the real impact of pushing health care costs down to the employees. $250/month may not seem like a lot of money to them but it is for many. While still less than what others pay at other companies, this was one of the perks of being an employee-owner. I feel my shareholder voice is not heard.

Advice to Management

Try to empathize about the struggles of the common folk, who by the way are the folks working hard to improve shareholder value.

Jul 10, 2017 – Total Rewards Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We do have amazing, hard-working employee owners at EP!

Changing our health insurance policy was a very difficult decision for our executive team to make and a... More

4. "Temp"

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

great work enviroment, good benefits

Cons

can't think of any right now

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you are enjoying your work experience with EP!

"Change for the better"

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

The company is evolving both them selves and industry. It is amazing to be part of this. There are lots of great employees across departments and events to get to know them.

Cons

The benefits could be more robust , like having a FSA or supplemental short term disability employees can pay for themselves. These wouldn't cost the company and would mean a lot to the employees.

Most groups are still working in silos than together as a team.

Parking, but that should get better soon

Advice to Management

The Executives needs to break the silos. They need to be the example of of One EP and how to support across teams. Continued transparency in communication of what the company is doing and how everyone role plays a part

Jul 10, 2017 – Total Rewards Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are in an exciting time in our company’s history and are glad you're happy to be a part of it!

Thanks to feedback from our employees, during... More

"Support"

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Learning, Experience, Challenges, Benefits

Cons

Management, Environment, Pay, work/life balance

Advice to Management

Care more about employees, listen to employees, don't pick favorites, treat people the same, be consistent and present, welcome change and differences.

7. "Just Ok"

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

Paid health insurance, good pay rates.

Cons

Leadership tends to seem pretty clueless.

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We’re glad you’re happy with our benefits and pay.

"While there ARE transitions, EP IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH!"

I have been working at Entertainment Partners full-time

Pros

Bonuses, gift cards during the holidays (we're not talking $20 here folks), town halls (with full breakfast), flexible hours, etc.

Cons

Need to transition the folks who have been there forever and who don't recognize the change that needs to happen to make EP #1 and the stock to flourish. These folks of whom I speak have made $$$$$ with EP. Time to move on.

Advice to Management

Transition is difficult, to be sure. However, some of the "executive advisers" can go. If the new folks coming on don't realize the potential of the company at this juncture, they can take their attitude and get out.

Mar 22, 2017 – Talent Business Partner Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We’re ecstatic to know that the gift cards, town halls, and flexible hours are parts of our culture you appreciate! You are correct in observing that change... More

"Sending jobs overseas"

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free candy. HMO health coverage and good paymasters. More parking available soon.

Cons

People train their India replacements and then they are terminated. Management told us it was just augmentation but it in fact it is replacement.

Advice to Management

The only benefit of outsourcing will be extra parking spaces. The CEO probably does not even know what is going on yet everyone blames him. Wish the CEO would read the reviews on this site..

Apr 10, 2017 – Vice President, Talent

We know people are looking forward to solving the parking challenge and are glad a remedy is on the horizon. Due to the nature of our business, data security is absolutely a top priority for us and... More

"Company going down the drain because they don't care anymore and looks like they are gearing up to sell."

Former Employee - Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Entertainment Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT PEOPLE!!!! Nice medical benefits. The staff really make the better good of the company. The people people people. They are the company here..

Cons

The review below nails it on the spot so I'm re-sharing. I'd like to emphasize how this company EP that was once great, no longer is for the below reasons and because of the below reasons, their products are beginning suck and suffer, and due to their ignorant idea to offshore their core technology operations to India the morale, internal staff and clients will suffer greatly. CEO and advisers do not care about their staff so don't work here. Very good talent have been let go while VP's laugh about it in their offices but call these lay offs business decisions not realizing the little people can really hear them. It's a shame that this is occurring right now. The VP's are Telling lies to everyone about what's really going on. And that is, train your replacement that is technically unskilled and under qualified so we can let you go to have this off shore ATMECS green person take over your job, at which point is your terminate day.

and I was so proud, happy and excited to work at EP...an ESOP. But when you are new, it can take some time to see the problems that your new cared for friends and colleagues are going through or what the company is trying to accomplish but failing quickly at. I witness the company publicly firing a VP in front of everyone on a Monday morning and escorts him out publicly like he broke the law when he didn't but just getting replaced by a new favorite in town employed for only 6-8 weeks. And the "fear culture" set by the CTO Continues, but this time the new VP that has no relationships or history with employees will do all the dirty firing work. Anyone and everyone can get get fired. I see now that employee value is not important here like I hear it once was, but never witnessed. Re-orging time again.

-i read all the pros and cons on Glassdoor and I'm really entertained by which ones Talent responds to. They definitely dont respond to the cons about the CTO's poor management and or that majority of ESOP members want him out! And this is an ESOP, right? I read a feedback from Talent that corrected a reviewer on what ESOP meant...a secure retirement, not actually partially owning partner. Bit it's funny when you hear the CEO speak and talk.abput ESOP...something like....we listen opinions and engage our employee owners which is why we are successfully. But Talents comment differs from Mark Goldsten's. Talent explains it's a retirement fund, and CEO says we are owners that have a say. Which one is it? It's sad. I'm seeing a great company lose its culture and the family that built it, before my eyes! Morale has really dropped. And it will drop more by at least 50% in 2017 by the new hush hush pretend transparency they are selling everyone. Below are the two differences in opinions of what the CEO and Talent sell oppositely to everyone on what an ESOP is? Who should I believe? Talent-you got feedback to clarify? Cause I'm confused.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Really be transparent, know we aren't all drinking the Kool-aid and falling for the lies as we know what's going on, and what will continue to happen. Know that we are sharing the real truth amongst each other. We still want to love and believe In the EP mission and hope MG still does too to keep our company and secrets the best and the reasons why and how EP was founded to draw the good talent that brought us here. Instead of letting go the little people that really make the company, fire Martin Mazor, and Patrick Baca.

Mar 14, 2017 – Vice President, Talent

We value our employees as our #1 asset so I’m glad to hear you have felt that as well. It’s true that we’ve had a significant amount of change recently and that in order to realign our departments... More