Essential Data Reviews | Glassdoor

Antoinette Allocca

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Essential Data has a real collaborative team. The level of support I get is like no other company I have worked for. Their VP (Tom Walsh) is always available and open for brainstorming and strategy on how to handle certain accounts or issues that might come up along the way. He is so very knowledgeable about our technical writing niche, that the technical advice he offers is always spot on.
    Because of all the experience that he has, the many deals that he has closed, and the interface that he has had with so many clients, he can offer a unique approach to helping the Engagement Manager close a deal with a client!

Cons

Like any new position you must learn the product/service and the process used. But once you get up to speed things can move quickly and become very exciting.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating, adapting and changing. Continue to focus on growing your people. The rewards will be there in the end.

2. "Sales Poistion"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The level of training and support I get from management is like no other company I have worked for in the past. EDC has many different personality types on the team, each of us feels like our opinion is valued, which in turn increases our motivation to perform well.
    Management works with me to identify areas to improve, they offer me advice on what has worked for other people in the past
    I have the opportunity to improve and grow at EDC. If I have a suggestion Antoinette or Tom is always open to listen to what I have to say and takes it into consideration.

Cons

You need to be able to set goals daily and work towards those goals. Small victories are important to keep the process moving forward

3. "Account manager"

Current Employee - Enagement Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Enagement Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company starts with a solid vision and value statement, EDC has that. This enables them to attract top flight people who are enthusiastic about coming to work each day and making a positive impact for our clients. EDC has built a business and a culture that values each team member’s unique skills and ideas.

Since coming on-board at EDC I have grown exponentially as a salesperson.

Cons

You must be disciplined in your approach in order to reach your goals. You need to be able to make small victories to move the process forward

Advice to Management

Keep taking advice and suggestions from multiple sources. The environment you have created has enabled me to achieve my goals.

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Essential Data full-time

Pros

Being at EDC is more than a job it is a career; because of management’s strong leadership. They made a concerted effort to integrate me into the team quickly. The level of coaching provided is tremendous. EDC has a modern innovative sales process so that we can fill our pipeline and gets deals closed.
    EDC has a strong reputation within the industry and has many repeats clients.

Cons

There sales process want different than I was used to at other jobs, therefore it took some getting used to on my part.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and coaching. I find the new techniques to be helpful. The level of coaching i have received since coming on board exceeds my expectations

"Sales Position"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Essential Data is a cutting edge company that has developed a sales and marketing process that works extremely well. The marketing department and the sales department function as one cohesive unit. Having marketing on the same pages as sales makes things run more efficiently. The communication works both ways, marketing listens to the salespeople and takes suggestions from them as well.

Cons

Sometimes I have to remember to stay within the process and not let old habits creep back in. The sales process really works if you put the time and effort into following through from start to finish.

7. "Business Development manager"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Due to the fact that Essential Data isn’t a consulting firm that provides all things to all people, we have virtually no competition. We are the nationwide leader in the niche space of technical writing/documentation. Being in a niche space we are able to focus our attention on clients who have a bona fide need for this service.

The management team and key employees have been in this business for decades. I have been amazed at how their documented sales process has proven to be very effective in helping me ramp up within the first month. The best part of their sales process is that is doesn’t require any cold calls.

Cons

One of the engagement managers said it best, if you work it, it works. Even though they have a well-documented sales process you do still have to put the work in.

"Engagement manager"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The compensation plan is a combination of base salary plus an uncapped commission plan. If you are self-motivated and discipline individual who you follow their documented sales process you can earn upwards of 150K in your first year. Management has done an excellent job at developing my sales skills to maximize my success. If you listen to the coaching and are able to execute then you will reap that financial reward. If set and achieve your goals and take the initiative to improve your knowledge and skills, you will advance in your career.

Cons

Newer to sales so it took me a little while to get acclimated to their sales process

9. "Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santee, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santee, CA

I worked at Essential Data (More than 3 years)

Pros

Specialize in hiring technical writers. Relatively high pay, They have low overhead costs.

Cons

They pay only twice a month. The pay date is sometimes unknown.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees on a weekly basis.

10. "Exciting Company"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is always open communication and we are a collaborative team who freely provides feedback and strives for continual improvement. The team believes in success, rules out failure and always believes in doing the right thing. When we reach our goals, each person is recognized for their performance and the entire team celebrates. There is a huge sense of teamwork, loyalty and collaboration to leverage individual strengths to achieve great results. We all understand the company's plan for future success and growth. New learning and training opportunities, team celebrations, open praise from senior leadership and great compensation.

Cons

It did take me a few weeks to get up to speed selling the service. It was a different approach than I was accustomed to.

11. "Rising Star"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Venice, FL
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Venice, FL

I have been working at Essential Data full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Essential Data is a strong organization with the best sales processes and methodologies to achieve success. All the companies I’ve worked for are stuck using antiquated sales techniques. There is no cold calling at Essential Data. The sales processes and methodology is all about using specific hooks targeted to certain types of clients. Essential Data identifies and targets companies that are growing and/or thriving. Quality leads are furnished within these companies.

Cons

Hard work breeds success. If you are willing strive to always improve then you will thrive. If not you will not.