FedEx Freight Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
FedEx Freight President & CEO Michael L. Ducker
Michael L. Ducker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, especially for someone who is just starting out (in 106 reviews)

• FedEx Freight has excellent pay and benefits for its employees (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Part-time (30 Hours/week) works for me perfect but others may prefer more hours (in 46 reviews)

• Company should really value and strive to enhance a full time opportunities more so than part time work to avoid high turn overs of employment (in 38 reviews)

1. "Great hours and good training"

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time

Pros

laid back culture, training, pay, work hours

Cons

none that i can think off

2. "Part Time Dock Worker"

I have been working at FedEx Freight part-time

Pros

- Co-workers make the experience better a lot better.
    - It's really not that bad. Just takes a bit to get adjusted to for the time schedule.
    - I got intimidated at first when I saw the forklift drivers picking up the frieight but still went through it as someone with a bit anxiety to new things and it's so easy. Just take it slow.
    - They're pretty flexible with your schedule. And I mean FLEXIBLE for the AM shift with good reason. Not sure about the PM shift.
    - Pay is good and get a raise every 3 months for a year till you cap out
    - Work is not difficult
    - Always been allowed to leave early when requested
    - After a year of working you also gain sick days.
    - Not as fast paced as I expected. I was going hella fast when I first started. I was going faster than most people working there for a few years. Even the Operation manager had to talk with the whole dock crew to tell them that only 5 people were meeting expectations and that the brand new employee with no prior forklift experience was doing more work than all of them.
    - Just continuous work. There always something to do and feels more independent.

Cons

- A few higher ups could a bit more friendly character but I understand there are reasons to each to their own.
    - Some supervisors I feel like should approach conversations differently for correcting incorrect actions. Everyone can speak at a normal level. Theres no reason to raise voices or throw a fit.
    - Only had 3 days to learn everything on the dock. For the first 2 days I had one person train me and he barely explained things. Good guy just some people aren't the best explainers or aren't just bred to teach and they know that. I honestly had a difficult time to figure out the whole procedure. 3rd day supervisor told me this was my last training day and I was kind of panicking a bit because I didn't know what was going on. Told me I had a new mentor though. He explained everything so well it was probably like my top 1 for best teaching. I knew how to do most of everything he showed me the next day. Thank you Mike you saved my ***.

Advice to Management

Overall, just a bit friendlier supervisors and managers. I try to exceed expectations and I do exceed those expectations. I follow instructions but sometimes they're really grey area when 1 supervisor tells you this is how they would like it and how another supervisor would like this. It's like I'm automatically implied the bad guy without good reason and with intentional actions.

"Best Company Ever"

Former Employee - City Driver in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - City Driver in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at FedEx Freight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the test semi truck driving jobs in the United States. Only reason why I still don't work for them is because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and I can't get another DOT medical card otherwise I would have retired from there. I was there 12 years.

Cons

None unless you are a cry baby and are never happy. Your making $27hr and overtime after 8hrs for driving around in a nice truck listening to music with no boss breathing down your neck.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Road driver"

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time

Pros

Great company money is good, benefits cheap.

Cons

Cold dock brr. Really no cons

5. "A good company to work for.."

Current Employee - LTL Driver
    Current Employee - LTL Driver

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive with other carriers

Cons

Management is hard to get into

Advice to Management

Have a apprenticeship for anyone wanting to advance in to management would be nice and some stock options...

6. "Carrier"

I have been working at FedEx Freight part-time

Pros

Great company to work for lots of benefits.

Cons

Trying to get more hours and the new system is slow

"Driver Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Help change peoples lives. By giving them a career and the skills to better their lives and future.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

8. "Dockworker"

I worked at FedEx Freight part-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Sometime supervision can be poor

9. "Lots of Cons"

Current Employee - Dock Worker in Fremont, IN
    Current Employee - Dock Worker in Fremont, IN

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great wages, benefits, 401k, paid vacation, work is relatively easy

Cons

Company doesn't like to invest in upkeep. My location added an addition, but skimped on the concrete, so you drop a foot when entering a trailer. No heat in the winter, and our septic pump broke, leaving one working restroom and outdoor porta potties to use...in the middle of winter. Mandatory overtime because of being short staffed and the managerial staff doesn't seem to care. Lots of favoritism and nepotism.

"As a new city driver you will get less than 8 hours a day!!!!"

Current Employee - City Driver in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - City Driver in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

home daily, overtime after 8 hours, newer trucks, great benefits and paid every week. FedEx Freight seems like a great company to work for and you can make a lot of money IF you have been with the company for upteen years

Cons

SENIORITY SENIORITY SENIORITY! First starting off as a City Driver you will get less than 8 hours a day which really sucks, YOU WILL NOT MAKE GOOD MONEY FIRST STARTING OFF expect to work 6-7 hours a day, a lot of racism and favoritism from dispatch and managers, you have to work the dock just to get your full 8 hours.

Advice to Management

how about stop hiring so many drivers so you can have work for the ones you do have also less seniority and more about work performance!