FedEx Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.2

Driver Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Annapolis, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online on the 1st of April 2017, got a call on the 11 of April and scheduled for interview on the 12th. Got an offer on the 13th and emails to sign n submit. Now waiting to do drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is the least you don't like about your job   1 Answer

Dockworker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

You must apply first online. Then wait. It may take up to three months to get an interview or it could be immediately depending on the needs of the business

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Situational questions. Basic math, including counting 3-D pictures of stacked boxes   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Fontana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took 5 months I applied in November and I got the interview in March. The interview was easy and very upfront right after he told I got the job and he will be giving me a call. I waited for 2 days to get the offer letter then one week to get approved and hired on i start this tuesday.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the freight industry.   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Sun Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied online HR person contact me within a week then the operation manager called 2 weeks later for a interview, the manager called me the next day with a offer came in again the next day for drug test then after that it was training on a computer for two weeks then on the field with a forklift

Interview Questions

• Question about situations I been in   4 Answers

Negotiation

No neogotiation

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview took 1 hour which included a face to face questionnaire, a basic math and analytic test, then met with management team to see operations. Everyone was friendly and helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Dock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process is fairly laid back and relaxed. In my experience the interview started off with a brief description of the job I was interviewing for. After this, I was asked fairly simple and straight forward questions on why I applied for the job and such. After this I was asked a series of situational questions and I had to answer each question on how I would handle the situation. Once I was done with that I was asked to do a brief basic math exercise having to do with counting freight on a skid. Once this was done the interview was basically over and took somewhere around 30 to 45 minutes of so.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle witnessing someone using a forklift in a dangerous way?   1 Answer

Dockworker-Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Wayne, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

You are asked a series of questions about your background. First one is are you aware that you will be working in any and all weather condition. Once you complete the series of questions, you are asked to read a sheet of standard signs, like, stop, go, hazard, do not enter. After you read all the signs you have to take a math test consisting of blocks. Basically you have to count each box/blocks. They give you a formula to use but you can really just count them on your own. Once completed, they take you on the dock and test your skills on the forklift. You are first orientated on the forklift, than you do what is asked. You have to drive the forklift forward and backwards and then stack ( I forgot what they are called).

Dockworker-Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It was simple, however, it took a little while to get on board. Show them you're a good fit for the position.Questions were easy, just relax and it'll go by smoothly. Wear something professional. Very good company! Any similar experience will definitely help in landing the job. Ask questions if you have any.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you didn't know what to do?   1 Answer

Dock Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

Once my resume was accepted, I went through one small group interview, which is not the case for all applicants. After the group interview was concluded, a drug screening was required for further consideration. After the screening was completed I went through one final interview in which they assess basic skill requirements for the job, which was very easy to pass, assuming you have basic spatial awareness and can utillze basic math skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in which you performed as part of a team. What did you do, what was your role, how did you perform? (etc)   Answer Question

City Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

Many applications online. Six months of no word. Got called out of the blue on a weekday at 2:30pm. Came in, filled out more paperwork, background check, everything had to pass before I could proceed further. They will not waste their interview time with anyone not qualified to be a driver. Interviewed in person with both the small terminal manager and operations supervisor. Two different interviews on different days. Then I had to take a driving test. Then I got "hired" to come to work and ride around with people until I could go to a major hub and take a week's worth of classes to prepare me for actual pickup and delivery. They paid for hotel and food for that trip, but I had to share a room with someone. After that point, I was on a 90 day probationary period. All very standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• 1. What kind of experience do you have in the freight industry?
      2. What makes you think you'd be a good fit at FedEx?
      3. What would you say is your best asset? What would you say is your weakest?
      4. What talents and abilities do you have that would benefit our operation here?
      5. Where have you worked before?
      6. Do you know the area well? Where were you educated? What is your highest level of education? 7. Are you comfortable around heavy equipment?
      8. Are there any medical issues that would prevent you from doing any of the tasks that we perform here?
      1 Answer