FedEx Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx Freight Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2018

2.2

Interview

Was contacted by a senior manager first, asked a fair amount of personal info questions. Then the actual interview was scheduled, with two senior managers, about 10 questions and asked to provide examples for each questions. Lasted around 45mins to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my motives about learning new skills/materials   Answer Question

Dockworker-Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Irving, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via a recruiter and asked me basic questions. " are you able to lift this amount regularly and ok?" " are you ok with extreme weather" a week later I had the interview. You are given a hazard sign test to read all signs exactly how they are. Then a box counting test. This is all on paper. You get a tour of the dock. Then you are told the expectations. Once everything is done they tell you that communication is all online and if they pick you that's how you will know. No offer yet since I JUST left the area

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did somebody else's work and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with negative coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to do someone else's job? How did they react and what happened?   Answer Question

Freight Handler Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Mira Loma, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Didn't arrive exactly 10 minutes early
    My interview was for 4 am and I got there at 3: 53 am so jeff the hiring manager did not even want to interview me

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

excessively long...they do not call back or pick up promptly....the walk through is kind of a joke. Huge waste of time if you need a job fast. I definitely recommend not working for fedex unless you have months to wait on being hired.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very much a joke....basically just explaining how we need to get to work on time. Honestly we could have forgone the entire process and just been hired on vs wasting my time 3 hours of my time explaining what they do. Anyone looking for a job knows what they are going to do by researching the company ahead of time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Basic math and common sense test. The manager will ask you a series of questions that deal with math, personality, work experience, and attitude. After the interview is over, the manager will go over the answers with the hiring management team. Then they call you back and give you the results whether it's good or bad.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever driven a forklift.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

quick and easy questions. typical corporate questions like what have you experienced or what would you have done in that situation. there were around 8-9 questions ranging in length. and difficultly.

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you had to deal with an employee who needed extra training and how you helped them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online, got a call within the week for an interview. Just asked me on phone if I was flexible with my schedule I said yes. Asked if I had any forklift experience and I didn't but said they train me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took action to get a job done without your boss's permission.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Interview

Walked into the building and interviewed with the boss, normal job-style, got a brief tour. The boss was matter-of-fact about about requirements which is great, was also kinda sexist in an old boss way, but I know that boss isn't there anymore. (told me straight-up "Women get trained for office work. That's just the way we do things." when I was applying for dock work, but this was years ago so things may have changed. I ended up working the docks anyway with some other tough chicks who resisted getting stuck as secretaries.)

Interview Questions

• You have to be able to lift 75lbs, or something like that.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FedEx Freight.

Interview

Interview with the hiring manager and I wasn't given a call after scheduling the interview twice with the hiring manger. I followed up with the HR but they never responded well.

Service Center Support PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Freight (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was nervous at first, until the person interviewing me made me relax and calm down. :) She made this really easy. All you have to do is be yourself and answer questions clearly.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in an office setting? How many words can you type per min? Do you have 10-key experience? If so, show many ksph? Have you ever had a conflict with a co worker and how did you solve it?   Answer Question