Fidelis Cybersecurity Reviews | Glassdoor

Fidelis Cybersecurity Reviews

Updated 11 de Oct 2019

3.4
Fidelis Cybersecurity CEO   Nicholas Lantuh (no image)
Nicholas Lantuh
Pros
  • "(in 8 reviews)

• "Great people, great product, the ability to be part of a fast moving team and make an impact regardless of your roll(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "2017 was a very bad year for Fidelis(in 7 reviews)

• "Owned by Marlin Equity who put in an interim CEO in early 2017 who killed the culture of the company(in 6 reviews)

1. "I have been with Fidelis for just about a year."

I have been working at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great product, the ability to be part of a fast moving team and make an impact regardless of your roll.

Cons

We are in the middle of re-establishing the brand after many years of minimal marketing. But, people are starting to really take notice- like IBM, Deloitte, E&Y!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing, we are going in the right direction!

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-10-11
  2. "Great technology and great people"

Former Employee - Marketing in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for more than a year

Pros

The technology is really impressive and the calibre of the people working at Fidelis is truly exceptional. It was brilliant working with and learning from some of the best in the industry. My manager was brilliant and I always felt very supported. He even allowed me to book a mentoring session with him after I handed in my notice - which is really quite remarkable and very much appreciated! The amount of... learning and development I enjoyed at Fidelis was truly invaluable and I would recommend the company to anyone who is hungry for the chance to really run with the opportunity. Agility is a must - this is not a company for people who are stuck in their ways!

Cons

The messaging can be a little convoluted as the technology is so complex - I know though that as I was leaving they were taking proactive measures to address this.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-06-27
  3. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, good pay and good paid time off.

Cons

too many food vendors come through and gain weight due to lack of activity.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-06-20
  4. "Not sure how it could get any worse"

Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well, this one is very difficult. Some large companies understand the technology.

Cons

Marlin equity and the CEO they brought in were just awful. Shortsighted, unreasonable and arrogant.

Advice to Management

Sell this company and have someone rebuild it. Sales leadership to engineering, to legal, to HR--all very ineffective. I didn't meet one person that enjoyed working at this place.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-06-29

"Sinking Ship"

I worked at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time

Pros

-Good technology -For the most part, great people to work and collaborate with -Unlimited PTO policy is nice if you're someone who would need it

Cons

This company has run its course - they easily have at least another year, maybe two so if you're looking to go to Fidelis as a stepping stone to something better and not an actual career company, it might be okay. Otherwise, most people there are just bidding their time until they find a better opportunity or they'll just go down with the company - executive management does not want to share actual status of the... company to its employees so you won't ever get a clear answer from them on what's going to happen to the company.

Advice to Management

The lack of transparency isn't great but as someone who is willing to think from a business mindset, it's understandable why management would want to keep a certain (if dishonest) illusion of the company as one that is performing well and will take care of it's employees. It's better for the workforce to be more productive this way, however, it's not the best moral decision to make.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-04-22

"Mgt don’t care about you"

Former Employee - Security Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn cyber and deal with clients

Cons

A hostile work environment to be in

Advice to Management

N/A

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-05-07

"If you need a career... stay AWAY!!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Free Friday Lunch 2. You get to work on well developed software(developed by reputed engineers who left the company)

Cons

1. Worst higher management. 2. Literally no bonus and pay rise for 2 years!! 3. Seems like something fishy is going on at higher management level. Some people in specific group gets promoted while rockstars who work after hours gets nothing in the end. 4. No recognition of the hard work 5. No words on work environment!!! You never know when they are going to close or make you jobless 6. Crazy selfishness at... higher management level

Advice to Management

Management needs to be changed.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-04-15

"Good place for engineers"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Utah office/Endpoint team: Current CEO is aggressive with the product, pushing the market and pushing us to be better. He is very refreshing. Very interesting technology - just about any topic in computer science has a place in our stack. Exciting place to work and good place to learn. Lots of space in the office == comfortable work environment. Stocked break room and company-provided lunches are nice. Good... work/life balance and managers that care about the engineers. This is a great place to be.

Cons

None really. Owned by private equity, but they seem supportive - no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - keep pushing.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-03-04
  9. "Change is hard for some people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of energy towards doing innovative things in the security space. Business culture is high energy and really encourages one to lean in to make a difference. Technology stack is solid.

Cons

As with any business making a turn towards innovative approaches there is some pocketed resistance to the movement. Change is hard for some but the leadership team here seems to understand it. Really isn't a bad thing though as the dialogue encouraged really helps everyone learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with the approach that is in place. The personal development system that is in place all the way to the company vision overall are in a good place. Keep executing and something special will come out of this group. The people here are some of the best collectively I've seen in a security company.

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-01-28
  10. "Let’s be honest… Are you a good fit?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Fidelis Cybersecurity full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can’t speak for the former glory of Fidelis. What I can say is that it will pale in comparison to the company’s future glory. 2018 was a year of drastic positive change. Changes that are starting to cascade down through the ranks, and provide a very start-up feel to a company that is many years past its start-up days. Management is tearing down the departmental silo’s, and actively promoting a collaborative effort... to provide value to the customer. There has been so much positive change in the last year it would be impossible to list it all. There have been some big wins as well. When considering if you want to work at Fidelis you really should ask yourself the following questions: Do you desire to make a difference? Do you want to work with some of the best technology on the market? Do you desire the respect you have earned, and are entitled to? Do you want to take pride in the company you work for? Do you desire to be surrounded by success? If you answered no to any of the questions above, then maybe this company isn’t right for you… Maybe you’re not primed for success. Maybe you can’t handle the burden of an unlimited PTO policy. Fidelis only has room for Rockstars. It’s a great day at Fidelis, and making the move here was one of the best professional decisions I’ve made.

Cons

None to speak of. The people are excellent from the top down. The benefits are on par or above average with the current job market.

Advice to Management

Work brilliantly!

Fidelis Cybersecurity2019-01-15