KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 218 of over 233 reviews

3.6
First Midwest Bank Chairman and CEO Michael L. Scudder
Michael L. Scudder
Pros
  • "Overall the atmosphere and culture is a community feel while still achieving and working toward goals with a great work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "we have good benefits for full time employees(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sales goals tend to be high or difficult to make(in 12 reviews)

• "FMB will not be an industry leader in things like technology and innovation, but they will always be a fast follower(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

81 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of First Midwest Bank and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Excellent Growth Oriented Culture

Nov 20, 2020 - Credit Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work there are A1. Great culture to learn and grow in. Pay is okay. Benefits are awesome. Awesome work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes too rigid of a structure with not enough entrepreneurial spirit.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your experience at FMB and are glad to know you enjoy our culture and competitive benefits, among other things. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Nowhere else I would rather be

Jul 12, 2021 - Vice President - Business Banking in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Upper management is honest, forthcoming, and respectful of employees, in good times and bad - Opportunity for advancement if you prove yourself - Supportive work environment, with good cooperation and collaboration across departments - Compensation & benefits are competitive

Cons

- Technology & systems have not kept up with growth; still too much of a patchwork of different systems - Credit culture is a bit tight compared to many competitors, especially on smaller loans - Changes in the last few years have given the company too much of a “big bank” feel - Too much pressure to return to the office, even for those who have proven capable of working well remotely

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your positive experience at FMB, as well as your feedback on where we can make improvements. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good for some

Sep 1, 2021 - Commercial Lending
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good upper management; Some good managers.

Cons

Used to be a great regional bank, but certain people moved up the ladder that wanted to look like a national bank. Things went downhill from there. Brought in clueless managers and a micro-managing boss. It was fun while it lasted.

4. 2.0

Teller II experience

Aug 26, 2021 - Teller II in Hickory Hills, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits and opportunity for promotion

Cons

Poor management and HR as well as a great amount of disrespect and high expectations for retail,

5. 5.0

Happy

Aug 8, 2021 - Bank Teller
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Place to work Friendly co workers I very much enjoyed my time working here

Cons

Referral requirements were unrealistic and not given resources to meet them. Maxed out pay very quickly.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

First midwest

Jul 26, 2021 - Administrative in Munster, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, great manager. Depends where you’re located

Cons

Part time. They keep increasing goals.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your positive experience at FMB. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome benefits and vacation time

Jul 22, 2021 - Lockbox Clerk III in Joliet, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great vacation time, benefits and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Management is not the most supportive. Seniority is supposed to be implemented but when Management starts after the highest seniority, seniority is not implemented.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your experience at FMB and your feedback on our benefits options and management. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best in Class Bank Offers Top Culture and Career Paths

Jul 7, 2021 - Commercial Banking Officer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and people make a big difference in an organization and First Midwest Bank has understood that for a long time. Focus is placed on every individual's career aspirations, talents and needs. I started with the organization during the midst of the great recession and saw the organization treat it's clients and colleagues in the most respectful ways.

Cons

Like a lot of larger institutions, there can be noise in the corporate org charts and processes. However, change is inevitable and the Bank has shown over history an ability to adapt and bring folks along for the ride! If you can bear through changes, the outcomes are generally worth it!

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate hearing about your positive experience at FMB. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great for experience

Jul 2, 2021 - Teller I in Davenport, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Team atmosphere Training Good base pay

Cons

Favoritism Constantly changing Different rules for different clients

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your experience at FMB and are glad to know you enjoy our competitive compensation and benefits, training, and culture. We’d love to learn more about your experience with the cons discussed. Please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com .

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An ok place to work

Jul 11, 2021 - Consumer Banking Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay, Co-workers are good,

Cons

Mostly just entitled clients, customers that are babied and get fees waived all the time and management caves in and gives into demand since they have "money".

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your experience at FMB. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at recruiting@firstmidwest.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 218 Reviews