First Midwest Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.9

Consumer Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Genoa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Genoa, IL).

Interview

Very friendly and professional. Questions that were asked were challenging but absolutely necessary to uncover aspects of individuals. Interviewers were very knowledgeable when asked questions as well. Place of interview was very inviting and secure. Multiple interviewers with a tentative process.

Interview Questions

• What do I like about working in the banking industry?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Plainfield, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several behavioral question, especially relative to the sales aspect of the position. The interview was conducted in front of 3 different people, a Branch Manager, a Group Manager and a Teller Supervisor. The questions definitely required you to think on your feet about specific situation you have experienced.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time where you did not agree with your supervisor and describe how you came to agree with them   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Joliet, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview and we set it up for two days later. I got there about ten minutes early, the woman interviewing me was still at lunch so i waited in the lobby. When i was interviewed there were two people in the room who were asking me questions. Most of them were situational questions. The interview lasted a little over an hour. I ended up never hearing from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past work experience?   1 Answer

Consumer Banking Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Genoa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Genoa, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and easy going, management is very nice and help make the interview process go very smoothly. Ask majority of basic questions unless questions are about specific experiences with different employment you have had. Very quick to get you an answer or a follow up interview. the proposed position I was given had a salary that was more than I was expecting and found I also qualified for a more experienced level of the position.

Interview Questions

• What about this position made you interested?   1 Answer

Licensed Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank.

Interview

Applied online and after a phone screen one day later was scheduled for a face-to-face with the branch manager one week later. After that, I waited for 5 weeks for them to turn me down by saying they went with an internal candidate.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank.

Interview

On campus interviews followed by round robin interviews with bankers followed by interviewed by management team you would work for. Fairly easy with behavioral questions and fairly easy with position specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a balance sheet and income statement.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank in April 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial interview with recruiter. This is an actual interview with behavioral and on the job questions. If moved to the next step one interviews with the branch manager. The process takes about 3 weeks depending on needs of branch and availability of manager and recruiter. Because this is a sales position I would suggest emphasizing sales and customer service. A wealth of knowledge in teller transactions, mortgages, home equity lines or credit and cross selling are also good for the interview. Be prepared to discuss accomplished sales goals and sales tactics

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to win the sale of a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, the salary for this position was set. However I would encourage negotiations just in case.

Executive Secretary II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

After the initial phone interview was conducted by the HR Rep, an in person interview was scheduled. Met with 2 Sr. Executives and 1 peer team member. Interview was extensive, scripted, behavioral based questions in private conference room. Interviewers were friendly, seemed openly honest, and the office space was very professional and nicely decorated.

Interview Questions

• Most uncomfortable question was: “Describe a co-worker conflict issue and how you managed the situation.”   1 Answer

Teller II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank.

Interview

You'll get lots of phone calls from the call center in order to do on phone interviews. The staff for the phone interviews are very nice and understanding and if you do well they will let you know that you'll be getting called.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered more than I expected.

Credit Analysis Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Midwest Bank in November 2012.

Interview

Get interview invitation from school job fair . The interview went well, they starts telling me they had 2 open positions, which one I prefer and when I can start working. I told them I could start working one month from now because I am waiting for my paperwork, I'm international employee and have 1 year working authority in US. They hesitated and said they wouldn't sponsor for me in the future . I replied I was ok with that. They called me 1 week later to tell me they couldn't hire me.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like tell me a time you have to go out of your way to achieve your task   Answer Question