First Response Reviews | Glassdoor

First Response Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2019

Found 34 reviews

4.5
First Response CEO David Foglio (no image)
David Foglio
  1. "The perfect combo"

Current Employee - Super Flex Officer in Portland, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teamwork! Major room for advancements and trainings within the company, as well as an incredible duo that is always looking out for Officers and working hard to schedule properly and accordingly!

Cons

None that I can think of; perhaps the pay for some

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. The community notices as well as the Officers that work here!

First Response2019-05-07
  2. "It is a good security company but that's not saying much"

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Portland, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay 80% of your health benefits, easy sites, gym reimbursement

Cons

The pants are trash, the dress code is archaic, if you go to flex your hours are slashed, the health benefits are providence an HMO so it's not anything to brag about, the pay is not livable unless you get lots of overtime

Advice to Management

If women are allowed to have ear piercings then men should too, get some real health benefits not HMO crap PPO's are what you get if you care, either invest in better pants or just give us shirts cause we already buy our own pants, real livable pay nobody is asking for $100/hr or anything what I am saying is quality security comes from quality people and if I'm not worried about how I'm gonna pay rent, food, car... payment, ect. then that gives me the freedom to think about my job. I get that with flex hours can be harder to scrounge up but if I'm begging for part time hours while the super flex next to me is saying they get close to 100 in a pay period that just seems shady, loosen up on the dress code men should be allowed to have ear piercings too it's not the military there is a way to be pierced and still look professional maybe to gauntee hours you look at the idea of paying people to be on call because we can't afford to wait around for a call then we get some side hussle and now we don't have full availability so we aren't getting hours, people want to be loyal, give strength, and love but those are things you cammand not demand you will fail if you don't put your work force first, you are here for them never the other way

First Response2019-08-11
  3. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at First Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

First Response has a great team and a great work environment. Management seems to truly care about their employees and the mission of First of Response. I also love working for a company that focuses on innovation and giving back to the community.

Cons

No cons at this time.

First Response2019-04-22
  4. "A company that truly cares about its employees - a review after 8 months of employment"

Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Disclaimer - If anyone was to meet me personally you would know that I say what's on my mind even of the receiving party may not like what’s about to be said. This review is 100% reflective of my opinion not influenced by any management pressures. Where do I start? Family owned - That can be a terrible model, or an amazing one. In this case it's Amazing. Company gives each employee the room to grow and... innovate without the micromanagement that so many of us despise. The On-Site/ Patrol Division leadership team are Rock stars who have an abundance of industry knowledge. The install technicians are all extremely knowledgeable and professional. There is a company-wide understanding that we're all a team and each person is a valuable member of that team. The company gives back to the community through donations and volunteering. Officer retention is a huge challenge for most security companies, but with a dedicated scheduler who posts schedules 3-4 weeks in advance, a dedicated on-site supervisor who deals with individual officer needs, and competitive pay, FR has some of the best retention in PDX that I'm aware of. Business Development Reps are provided with adequate resources and are rarely in need of anything. Dave and Jesse (Father & Son) are great leaders who clearly care about their employees and that's shown through their actions. Jesse is focused on not accepting the "that's how it's always been done" mentality and continues to push for innovation and evolution as the industry progresses.

Cons

I truly only have 1 gripe to make and this is something that comes along with being in a small company vs. a large corporatized organization. I have considerably more admin work to complete than I’d like which takes away from my core focus which is growing our clientele base. I will however take more admin work because we're small, over just being a # in a huge organization any day. But that's literally my only... complaint with my job and the company overall.

Advice to Management

I'm normally bubbling with advice to my superiors, but honestly I don't have any which sounds crazy to be writing.

First Response2019-04-02
  5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

Definetly a cut above as far as Security companies go. Highly organized, schedules are available online. Good benefits.

Cons

Like all jobs in Security industry you have to be ready to be on your feet a lot, and in decent enough shape.

First Response2019-03-26
  6. "Amazing Culture!!"

Current Employee - Finance in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kind, cooperative, welcoming culture. An environment that I can appreciate after the last few years where the culture was much different than it is here.

Cons

A bit out of date with some policies

Advice to Management

See what other companies are offering

First Response2019-02-26
  7. "Security supervisor"

Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is very helpful and recognizes hard work in a personal way. They also work very hard to make sure their best clients (probably all their clients) are taken care of and given the best people for their specific needs. A lot of companies just send whomever they have handy.

Cons

Never offered a raise....not even a small one and cost of living keeps going up. A small raise without begging would be nice.

Advice to Management

None. My management team works very hard to keep my site happy and that keeps me working steady.

First Response2018-08-17
  8. "Good place to work but needs some improvement"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Portland, OR

I have been working at First Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the work that they give me plus they are pretty flexible with my schedule as well as the good benefits that it comes with so I feeling like that I’m making a difference. Plus I get along well with my co-workers and we are always working good even if we are working individually or as a team.

Cons

Well for one thing the sites that I work at should be better prepared by not only management but also other staff because otherwise I could get in trouble for that also it would be nice if people could stop calling off so many times without a good reason as well as showing up over 15 min. Late for work so that I’m able to get relieved from my duties and responsibilities the right way

Advice to Management

Good work on thinking about all of us and our well being all these years. Just keep on with it and should we ever ask u guys for a raise, don’t give it to us yet until you guys feel like we have earned it based on the site accounts u guys put us at

First Response2018-08-02
  9. "iWatch Communications"

Current Employee - IWatch Communications

I have been working at First Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Co-Workers. Good Management. Chance to help those in need. Prevent/Catch people in the act of crimes.

Cons

We take the blunt of peoples frustration as we are the ones here after hours on top of all the monitoring and dispatching.

Advice to Management

More feed back from Upper Management Acknowledging us and telling us that we are doing a good job and feed back for us would be appreciated. Being stuck in a "hole" is hard so a little more interaction from them would be nice and appreciated so we know what we do and are doing is being noticed and appreciated.

First Response2018-05-12
  10. "District Officer"

I have been working at First Response

Pros

Great team really awesome supervisors!! This company has your back and treat you like family!!

Cons

I Can’t think of any

First Response2018-05-11