Future Paytech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chad Smith

Pros
  • Other than that, no pros I can think of (in 4 reviews)

• The local management team is largely populated by charming, good-hearted people who really are part of the team vs (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • can be a little frustrating at times when business owners do not show up for their scheduled appointment (in 7 reviews)

• I asked if there were any actual customers who could tell me if they were glad they switched to Future PayTech and was told no (in 4 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time

Pros

Love it . Great company to work for and they take good care of my customers.

Cons

Its sales and it has upsome and downs but love it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "My experience in one sentence... hmm, one word will do... misleading!"

Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Opelika, AL

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do not have any.... that's all I have to say but I got an error when trying to submit to have at least 20 words so I had to expand my comment! :)

Cons

Promise to give you atleast 2-4 leads per day... I was lucky to get one lead in one WEEK! The leads I was given was outside the "20 mile radius" of my zip code so I averaged about 900 working miles per month, no reimbursements. Mislead once again for their "fast start bonus".. which I delivered on my end but was never paid the bonus nor was I paid any residuals after 90 days! Their entire ad on different job boards is just a total lie. For anyone considering FPT, I would think twice. There are so many other companies out there in the same industry that actually offer you, base + commission + car allowance and actually care about you as a person... FPT wants you to believe you are so valuable to them because your the face out in front of clients, well they need to start treating their "independent sales agents" with more respect and committ to what they say they will compensate you for. You're the one out there making the deals and they put you in uncomfortable situations and then micromanage you and tell you, you did something wrong! Speaking of micromanaging.. my so called "advisor" was so rude, talked so much as if u know what your doing and never stopped to let me ask questions to learn! Their training is horrible and then they give you ONE person in the entire company that you can communicate with, it's a total mess. I was skeptical when I first started by reading people's comments and their rating with the BBB but I decided to give it a shot and decide for myself and continued... I should have listened to all the reviews I read instead. Financially, you can't make it solely working for a company that doesn't reimburse you for anything and doesn't give you leads like they guarantee you. The few leads, I did have I closed. Easy. However, cold-calling and going to business to business in person is extremely hard these days, everyone knows that so if they don't give u leads, u can't make any money! Just my two cents though! Good luck to any one actually brave enough to take on the challenge and be treated unfairly. Too many negative posts, feedbacks, etc about this company... it's not the company that is right over everyone else... trust me!

Advice to Management

I had great ideas to help your sales agents I would have loved to have shared with someone in upper management to maybe get my ideas in action which would have been very beneficially to all the sales reps but I had ONE contact within that company and that was it... couldn't speak to anyone else or voice my opinion on anything. Everything I was promised for the job description on the job boards, was completely misleading and flat out a lie in my situation!

Feb 16, 2017 – Marketing Director

We pride ourselves on providing service and support with integrity. We would love the opportunity to hear back from you and share your ideas that you feel may benefit the sales team. You can reach a ... More

3. "Run don't walk away from this job!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide the shipping cost to send back their tablet....

Cons

Wastes your gas
    Wastes your time
    The appointments are to people the company pestered forever to give them 5 minutes to give them a pitch. The service they are providing is a necessary one they should not need to beat people over the head to get an appointment with a willing business owner.
    When you run out of business owners who begrudgingly let you pitch the product to them you need to approach business owners who don't have an appointment with you.
    When you seperate from the company the tablet they provide will need to be mailed back to them. I sent the tablet back the same day I left the company. The next day they called and emailed me asking me to send it back. I let them know I had sent it and it will get there when fedex gets it to them. I got threats via email and phone telling me they would take legal action if they did not recieve the tablet back. I messaged them back letting them know I sent it with the prepaid label and that if they take legal action for not receiving the package it should be fedex they fight not myself. I also let them know if they took legal action against me I would talk to a lawyer about a counter suit that would likely love to take on a big company and get a large settlement. The company didn't contact me after that. Best guess they got their package or made it an issue with fedex.
    If you accept employment by this company take pictures when anything happens with the tablet with a timestamp. When it is sent to you and when it is sent back take pictures of the fedex guy putting it into the truck. Take pictures at every point of your employment. This employment is not really an employment you are not an employee you are a subcontracter of sorts. So take care but best advice is keep looking this company preys on the desperate!

Advice to Management

Change sales stucture
    Change employment stucture
    Pay hourly+gas+commission
    Just commission does not bring anyone you want working for you. Especially with the amount of training you offer
    You guys are way to eager to higher anyone it is a red flag for anyone who knows anything.

5. "FPT"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. If you're not able to make a sale, which based on my experience, you're pretty much driving around to different businesses wasting gas.

Cons

Pure commission, cold calls, and terrible training methods and customer service advice

Advice to Management

Learn proper customer service

"Stay The Heck Away"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Nice technology and options available for the card processing customers. They seem to really provide great options to the customers at least.

Cons

In order to start working for them (as a California resident), I had to get a notary done and it ran me $30 because it was 3 forms. I got it done at the UPS Store. I asked about reimbursement and was contacted by phone asking why I didn't take it to a bank to get it done for free instead of being told I actually would get reimbursed.

Also, there seems to be no offer to reimburse for mileage or gas, either.

I asked if there were any actual customers who could tell me if they were glad they switched to Future PayTech and was told no.

Advice to Management

Offer guarantees to your paying customers that they really will see a 20-40% drop in their monthly fees for processing!! And stop using your employees for their own money!!!

Oct 10, 2016 – Marketing Director

I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience with our company. We pride ourselves on providing service and support with integrity and I would love the opportunity to resolve and talk about any ... More

7. "I am a Marketing Rep and although it may have its good and bad days I love it! I love my FPT family!!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere of the center is amazing and the supervisor team well Lets Just Say they are the Best Around!!!! Always supportive and always there to help when needed!

Cons

I cant much think of a Con or anything negative just trying to keep everyone motivated and positive can be a little tricky!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and encouraging words. They really are appreciated and much well needed in this line of work! Y'all Are Awesome and I'm sure I speak for all pur Reps Y'all Are AWESOME!!! #SmileandDial!

Aug 2, 2016 – Marketing Director

Dear Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Sherman, TX, it goes beyond saying that we appreciate your positive feedback. Thanks for recognizing our dedication to make this the best work ... More

"The question is why"

Former Employee - Field Sales Agent in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Agent in Spokane, WA

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro is that I found no discrimination in this company. Being blind gives a certain advantage when dealing with that problem. I give them a 5+ on that however it quickly goes down from there.

Cons

With a lot of promise they can't possibly keep they bring you in with a tablet. Once you have it they provide a useless two day training before they send you out. As an experienced rep for many companies in the past this is not enough training. They lose two points there the other three come when you discover that the person on the other end had no clue as to what they're talking about. You know that because he's asking a coworker about it and they don't have the answer. That's a three strikes and you're out situation

Advice to Management

You have a good idea but too many problems that can be fixed with a little cost. However considering the amount of money your bringing in I say its worth the price. You can be the world leader in stead of treading water in this industry. I'm betting that you will end up changing the company name again for a 4th time.

Oct 10, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. Our employee partnership is important to our reputation and we work hard to provide good service for our merchants and a good working environment for both our sales reps ... More

9. "Director of Business Development"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Crowley, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Crowley, TX

I have been working at Future Paytech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great growth company and client and employee focus.

Cons

Regional focus. Local advancement and expanded employment focus.

Advice to Management

Nothing great leadership

May 27, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank You Current Employee – Corporate Sales Manager in Crowley, TX! Attitude is everything in this business, and we are grateful to have someone like yourself generously sharing your positive work ... More

""You can tell if they are lying if there lips move""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you can think of any let me know.

Cons

Company lied about everything. Quality leads, sales support... No benefits at all.

Advice to Management

Be transparent.

Feb 23, 2016 – Marketing Director

Hi Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, thank you for reaching out. I work outside of the sales department and we are always concerned about and looking for ways to improve the quality of experience ... More

"The good, the bad and the ugly"

Former Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Lebanon, OH
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Agent in Lebanon, OH

I worked at Future Paytech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a lot of support from the management team at corporate. The pay is in your bank account when it is supposed to be every time.

Cons

High pressure and unethical practices

Jan 18, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our team. While we strive to communicate to give our employees sound training and support, it is in our best interest to be ethical and fair to all ... More