GEP Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GEP CEO Subhash Makhija
Subhash Makhija

Pros
  • It's a great place to work if you need work-life balance (in 28 reviews)

• Flexible work time, easy to approach management, work from home facility available (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Rewarding Work Environment and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One team approach on projects. Contributions are valued and employees are treated with respect. Executives "roll up their sleeves" and work hard alongside staff. Creativity and hard work are recognized and appreciated. There really are no limits to your professional success here if you decide to commit. Get ready to work hard and play hard in a very inclusive environment. A true meritocracy.

Cons

So far, I have not come across a "con" at this company. Of course, anyone looking hard enough for a negative will find something. You'll just have to look very hard at GEP. Great place to contribute your professional skills and grow in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maintain the open communication with your employees that you have now. GEP is growing quickly and keeping the employees informed along the way reduces any stress that comes with the unknown.

Jan 6, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your experience at GEP and we hope you continue to do so for many years to come. Your contributions are a huge part of the success of ... More

2. "Growing Fast"

Current Employee - Manager in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing quickly so there are many opportunities for growth if you're open to it. Good place for self-starters and motivated people. Company does regular charity/community work and summer activities. Upper management very accessible.

Cons

New Jersey office becoming crowded because company is growing quickly. Would be nice to have a new space.

Advice to Management

Different workgroups seem to be separated from each other and it would be nice to know more about how we all fit together.

3. "From Good to Great"

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great peolpe - Humble, smart, helpful
    Flat org structure, everyone is very accessible
    Culture is a reflection of the team and all the above make GEP culture great
    Tremendous growth and true capability improvement that you can see and learn from each year
    Truly global business

Cons

Growing pains - Need more processes, more people

Advice to Management

Thank you for getting us so far. Please continue to focus on retaining culture as we grow. Some pacing is needed to rebuild and ensure growth is sustainable.

May 10, 2017 – President

We love reading reviews like this and we love our people! We're so glad you enjoy where you work as much as we enjoy making it a great place to work. Thank you for all you do and we will continue to ... More

"GEP - "A Beautiful Company Already""

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel so fortunate to have got this opportunity to work with GEP.
    GEP believes culture drives success. Workplace culture is everything. GEPPers - "works really hard for CLIENT DELIGHT". At GEP (across the globe), I love the adrenaline rush, constant fight for success, target oriented, totally self driven and the fast pace work environment, where your success is measured every hour.

GEP allows to develop meaningful bonds with their fellow GEPpers irrespective of their designation, roles and department. People exchange ideas and personal opinions. Show empathy and concern for their well-being as a friend, as well as co-worker. GEP People even at Global leader’s level take time to learn about your families, educational background and career goals, provide solutions and valuable suggestions. It is the genuine interest in every single employee they show, that fosters a happier and fun filled workplace.

Cons

Absolutely nothing that I came across so far. I really wish this good feel and attitude towards GEP continues for long and I clearly see the management working hard and I promise to contribute to maintain the same.

Advice to Management

At GEP, we get this unique sense of belonging in a complete family like environment that makes us feel (every minute) that we are part of a beautiful company with beautiful people. I request the management to be this consistent and inspiring forever. GEP is growing in a too rapid pace. I wish them the best.

May 10, 2017 – President

Thank you - we also feel that we are well on the road to our vision of a beautiful company! GEP can't be a great place to work without its great people, and that includes people like you and your ... More

6. "Senior Purchasing Specialst"

Current Employee - Senior Purchasing Specialist in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Purchasing Specialist in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment and culture.

Cons

I have not seen any.

Advice to Management

I don't have any.

May 10, 2017 – President

We appreciate you taking some time to write a review and are glad to have you on board!

7. "developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Clark, NJ

I worked at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

infrastructure is good. The cafeteria was pretty decent

Cons

Highly aggressive, Management didnt have previous experience in managing the teams etc

Advice to Management

1. management only cares about growing business 2. they do not take care of their employees

"The best"

Current Employee - Manager in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work - nice environment, good food, fun colleagues, many growth opportunities.

Cons

Offbeat office location - commuting makes it difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working!

Jan 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your GEP experience and we're happy you're part of our great team!

"Mis-guided..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are good folks on a personal level. Willing to help you in any way possible to be successful.

Cons

Senior Management has no direction on what and how to proceed. Very reactive to clients needs and not willing to push back. Travel requirements of basically 100%... no separation of the work week and weekends... requests for deliverables late Friday to be accomplished by Monday/Tuesday.

Advice to Management

Organization is needed internally. Process should be developed to standardize the deliverables for the company. Stop trying to be a "Big 4" consulting firm... this is evident with your management styles and expectations. Putting the right folks in the right positions is key for success not just throwing bodies into a no-win situation. Lastly, making sure that GEP is aligned with the correct stakeholders... not a group that will try to make nice with the actual stakeholder. Employee retention is needed for SME experience...

Jan 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback; we truly appreciate it. As an Open Company, we strive to be transparent. We urge you to share your concerns with us any time – email or ... More

"GEP Consulting Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at GEP (More than a year)

Pros

Career opportunities are good and lots to learn

Cons

Compensation and benefits are poor

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees

"Shared Services"

Current Employee - Associate Shared Services in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Shared Services in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GEP is rapidly growing management consulting firm focused on Procurement services. It's a great organization filled with friendly professionals who are at the top of their game! Everyone is a specialist in their vertical and are always willing and happy to help out their fellow GEP'er! I am proud to work for GEP and the future looks bright because our products and services are getting the recognition it deserves.

Cons

When a company grows as rapidly as GEP has grown over the last 2 years, there's bound to be some gaps. However the gaps get identified quickly and we push forward to better the company.

Advice to Management

GEP is a world class organization that I am proud to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday! If I had one wish, it would be for GEP leadership to value the great Shared Services team as much as they value the consulting side of the house. While Shared services is not a profit center, we are essential to the continue growth and culture of GEP.

Feb 10, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your comments, and please know we are as proud to have you as part of the GEP team as you are to work here. We value all of our team members ... More