Gateway Group One Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kurus Elavia

1. "Admin"

Pros

The work itself is easy.

Cons

Theres a lot of politics and you do all the managers paperwork, basically.

"There is no longevity here......"

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time

Pros

Co-Worker.... Let me elaborate. If you are lucky enough to work with a fine set of individuals, that'll be the only thing to look forward to.

Cons

Almost everything. There may not be one thing (aside from what I have listed in the Pros) that isn't a con.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to your employees, whether corporate or in the field.

3. "Passenger Assistant - Gateway Group One"

Pros

Lots of exercise, decent tips sometimes, variety of schedules, get to meet nice people.

Cons

Crummy tips sometimes, low hourly pay, when I worked there the company did not offer medical/dental benefits.

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and Dr. Dennis Gross are amazing in every way. East Coast Regional Sales manager is the only reason, the midwest, east coast field Account Executives/coordinators are still with the company.

Cons

National Sales Director has no idea what she's doing. She is fake and can not make anyone respect her with her condescending ways.

Advice to Management

Listen to your field team, they are in the trenches every day. They know what works and what doesn't.

6. "Salary and benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at Gateway Group One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compared to other contractors at JFK airport, it pays the highest starting rate of $13.15 hourly. Also, an employee is sure to get 40+ hrs per week

Cons

No pay increase in the 4 years I've been working for the company. I heard some senior employees who said that they've working 6+ years and they haven't got any increase in the hourly rate. There are no health, retirement, 401k benefits, either.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Customer Care Representative"

Pros

Long hours, some employees are nice others will throw you under the bus especially the older ccr's

Cons

supervisor/manager try catching you doing something wrong to write you up. cant't sit, can't talk to your fellow ccr's. Winter time your outside. no health benefits have to pay in full for health insurance, very unprofessional, no social life, they care about covering call outs. No room for growth unless your indian, or guyanese your good.(nothing against indian or guyanese they my peoples) Don't say i didn't tell you though. If you have another job don't leave for this one or if you have to offers pick the other job please!

Advice to Management

Change the management

8. "CCR"

I have been working at Gateway Group One part-time

Pros

I love my job. I get to talk to passangers all day. My shift goes by so fast.

Cons

Standing for 8 hours but you'll be fine once you get the right shoes

9. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gateway Group One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun at the airport. You are able to meet new faces. Very active so you can get some exercise. That is all.

Cons

Will be lied to about job description. Will be notified that they will give we a week notice if they need you to work more, but in actuality will ask you to work a shift with only 45 min. Notice at 3am and have no choice but to cover it because they have staffing issues.

Advice to Management

Don't lie in the interview process, tell the truth that it isn't a true schedule and it is on-call at all times. Have better communication skills with employees, just because they are union doesn't mean you can't talk to them. Learn how to communicate with your employees.

10. "Customer Care Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Everyday was different customers were usually nice.

Cons

Seniority rules this company, so very hard to get a full time schedule with decent hours.

11. "Some of the people were really sweet, other are not so nice, especially if you are new, I was there for almost 2 years"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at Gateway Group One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of hours, the pay was decent, met some cool people

Cons

Some co workers out to get you don't trust everyone, especially those that's been there a long time (the old ones) some will throw you under the bus, to report everything they see to supervisors/managers, managers/supervisors hide and watch you and write you up you, if your new you have to work on your days off, or they won't keep you after probation, 12hours shifts almost everyday, can't sit, can't talk to co workers, its like a military job, you have to pay $90 every 2weeks for health insurance $120 a month that ridiculous, to many people quick I was one of them couldn't take it anymore, good luck, don't say I didn't warn you

Advice to Management

Need new managers and supervisors people who care about the CCR's not just them self and to cover shifts