KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Grange Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2022

Found 255 of over 276 reviews

4.3
Grange Insurance President & CEO John Ammendola (no image)
John Ammendola

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and flexibility.(in 19 reviews)
  • "1. Great senior leadership with a strategy(in 18 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and very helpful(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great Benefits (and cost for those benefits)(in 17 reviews)
  • "Employees have a good work/life balance and are generally well treated.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
  • "Awful management.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Miscalculated the overall impact of major layoffs and restructuring(in 6 reviews)
  • "No training will prepare you for how to get work done around here.(in 5 reviews)
  • "This results in a potentially good manager becoming more of a micro manager due to them feeling like they have to constantly keep tabs on their employees because they miss out on being with them in home office.(in 4 reviews)
  • "competitive salaries.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Grange Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Jun 8, 2022 - Corporate Counsel in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Grange are the best I have ever worked with

Cons

After the covid-19 pandemic, there are few options for getting lunch in the area. Most people work from home. This is not specific to Grange.

Human Resources Assistant

We’re so glad to hear you’ve been enjoying your time at Grange! Thank you for sharing about your experience with others.

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership team, flexible work location, caring culture with good work-life-balance.

Cons

Smaller (1200 employees) so can be fewer opportunities to move around.

Human Resources Assistant

We’re glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience at Grange and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We’ll make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate people. Thank you!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Once a great company to work for, sadly not anymore!

Jun 7, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was a great company to work for Awesome work/life balance Great facilities.

Cons

The environment has gone down hill drastically. It seemed to have started with the current CEO and was greatly sped up with hiring of the CIO and all his Chase cronies. All they seem to care about is company’s bottom line/profitability at the expense of those how do the real work. Too many AVP's that promise you one thing then do something totally opposite (one in particular in the IT department). I have friends that still work there and say they are always concerned about who they will cut next to save a dollar.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Assistant

We’re very sorry to hear you felt this way during your time with Grange. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and we’ll share your feedback with the appropriate people.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Leadership and Cares for Aassociates

Apr 27, 2022 - Human Resources in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team is world class and really care about the associates. They solicit and respond to feedback and have been really understanding and flexible throughout the pandemic. The people here are all wonderful to work with, everyone supports each other and work together to drive the business forward. Honestly, the best place I've ever worked. Never before have I felt so valued and recognized by a company.

Cons

We are going through some large initiatives right now which impacts the volume of work for many areas. Hopefully this is short lived.

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experiences at Grange! We are very glad to hear that you are enjoying your time here. We will share this with the appropriate people.

5. 5.0

Three Words: Culture, Opportunity, Resilience

Apr 18, 2022 - IT Executive in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Grange Insurance is a fantastic place to work and make a career. The culture is unique, with equal parts innovation, collaboration, and tenacity. We've been executing on a multi-faceted (and multi-year) Transformation & Modernization roadmap, implementing new core systems, developing innovative digital capabilities for our policy holders and independent agents, investing in automation, and emerging tech, and advancing our data capabilities. There is no shortage of opportunities for technologists that are just starting their career and are eager to learn new skills and gain experience; likewise, seasoned technologists will find Grange to be open to new ideas and ways of becoming more digital, automated and data driven. Sure, we've encountered bumps along the road. Who hasn't? What differentiates Grange is a stalwart, unflinching focus on our strategy and willingness to test, fail, learn, and tremendous trust in our leadership and each other.

Cons

Grange can be somewhat "too" collaborative at times. We have a very nice culture, comprised of associates that want to tackle initiatives and challenges all at once, and our immediate reaction is to schedule lots of meetings with lots of people. Sometimes we need to take a step back and remind ourselves that “slow is smooth and smooth is fast”.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Grange! We’re very glad to hear that you’ve been satisfied with your experience so far. We will share your feedback with the appropriate people.

6. 3.0

Good Job

May 2, 2022 - Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for the job

Cons

The office culture wasn’t great.

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will share this with the appropriate people at Grange.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work at!

Apr 6, 2022 - Loss Reporting/Billing Hybrid
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here comes with great benefits and incentives.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about this experience.

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for sharing about your time at Grange! We wish you the best in your future.

8. 5.0

Apr 5, 2022 - Actuarial Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plentiful development opportunities. Flexibility in the work schedule. Collaborative culture.

Cons

There are a lot of changes going on which will certainly make the future state better, but can make the current state overly busy

Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with Grange! We will share this with the appropriate people.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent Company to work for

Mar 31, 2022 - Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, innovative mindset, excellent teammates, benefits, vacation time, openness to listen, WFH flexibility.

Cons

This company is amazing to work for.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Assistant

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Grange with others. Thank you!

10. 5.0

Amazing Work place

Mar 17, 2022 - Senior Engineering Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team work, co-workers always help each others. They reward employees with Kudos, Annual Accolade awards. Focuses on promoting a healthy work-life balance. This is a great place to work with unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement. Friendly management and executive transparency.

Cons

I can't think of anything major.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Assistant

We’re very glad to hear you’re enjoying your time at Grange! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 255 Reviews

Grange Insurance Reviews FAQs

Grange Insurance has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 276 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Grange Insurance to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Grange Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Grange Insurance. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

87% of Grange Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Grange Insurance 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Grange Insurance to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Grange Insurance Job Seekers