Found 329 of over 356 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Grange Insurance
Got a burning question about Grange Insurance? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Grange Insurance employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits especially 401k with recent changes" (in 26 reviews)
- "There’s a great culture and events but because volume is so high I have never been able to attend." (in 26 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and very helpful" (in 24 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance" (in 19 reviews)
- "1. Great senior leadership with a strategy" (in 18 reviews)
- "Awful management." (in 13 reviews)
- "No training will prepare you for how to get work done around here." (in 10 reviews)
- "I know someone who is on their 4th supervisor in 8 months because of layoffs and good employees leaving because of the way the employees are treated." (in 8 reviews)
- "Five inspections a day for days on end is expected during busy times and many managers expect more." (in 5 reviews)
- "Low salaries." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Grange Insurance and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 13, 2023Customer CareCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsColumbus, OH
The people are so nice and welcoming. They instantly make you feel like you belong
A lot of big changes happening sorta at once which can be overwhelming to some without a break in between those changes.1Grange Insurance Response7d
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Grange! We’re glad to hear that overall, you’ve had a positive experience here over the years. We appreciate this feedback and will make sure to share this with the appropriate people.
- 1.0Sep 19, 2023Programmer AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsColumbus, OH
Associates are welcoming, home office location, home office amenities.
I keep seeing a common theme in the responses from Grange as it pertains to reviews regarding outsourcing. I will share the reality of the situation. That it was a difficult decision: The attitude of leadership after the outsourcing leads me to believe that they did not wrestle with the decision or lose sleep over it. That associates feel supported: There is absolutely no support after outsourcing. Without warning, key member of the department are gone. Some of the people outsourced are the only people who know certain tasks. Your days will be spend doing twice the work with half of the head count, training replacement employees, and scrambling to get up to speed to fill the knowledge gaps left by the outsourcing. That associates feel valued: Please - you just outsourced jobs. We see how much you value employees. That Employees are heard and to reach out to HR with concerns: HR is there to protect the Company and administer benefits. I would definitely NOT recommend complaining about the current state of affairs to anyone in HR.5Grange Insurance Response13h
We understand how this can be a frustrating time for you and our other associates. These decisions are indeed difficult to make, and eliminating any position isn’t something we take lightly. We genuinely do appreciate your thoughts since receiving our associates’ feedback is valuable during this transition period, and we will make sure to share this with the appropriate people at Grange. Thank you.
Grange Insurance Reviews FAQs
Grange Insurance has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 356 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Grange Insurance to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
71% of Grange Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Grange Insurance 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.